Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2019, 11:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
Packing the HD home receiver every time you go camping is a PITA. If your DTV receiver is just setting somewhere easily accessible than yeah its easy. Most people have their home stuff in a cabinet. Unplugging and plugging back in then resetting up is a PITA IMO.
If you go Dish you can have the receiver permanently mounted in the RV and all you have to do is drag the dish out, connect the coaxial and let the Dish do it's thing.
Just depends on how long you're out on the road and how long you stay in one spot.
And Dish only charges $7 per month for RV service if you have Dish for your home.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
And Dish only charges $7 per month for RV service if you have Dish for your home.
x2. Pay as you go too. Although in fairness if you have a home DTV receiver it's free.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by javan View Post
For $130 at Amazon, you can get a complete setup that will give you HD TV reception using your DirecTV HD receiver.

https://smile.amazon.com/DIRECTV-Mob...gateway&sr=8-3

I’m too lazy to set the direction on that each time.
mkbix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbix View Post
I’m too lazy to set the direction on that each time.
x2, love my Winegard Pathway X2, point it towards the south, turn on your receiver, it goes through all the girations and it does its thing. Takes about 5 minutes at the most.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #25

I will be getting me one soon, my birthday is tomorrow so I hope that the people in my church give money so I can go and get my setup.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I will be getting me one soon, my birthday is tomorrow so I hope that the people in my church give money so I can go and get my setup.

I’ve gone to church my whole life without ever getting money from folks there for my birthday. I’d probably just give it right back to the Church if I did, though [emoji848]
Old 03-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #27

Lol, these are people that care about me I am the Bishop there and have giving more than money can buy to the people I pastor, life is good.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #28

Quote:
Lol, these are people that care about me I am the Bishop there and have giving more than money can buy to the people I pastor, life is good.
Makes sense
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-08-2019, 02:23 PM   #29

Yes, the Lord have being too good to my wife and I we have being pastors for years we have have blood sweat and tears for the people we pastor, they know that they will be bless for giving to the man and woman of God. I went online to discouraged and see that they are having a bundle sales and plus a military discount so I will be putting in that order.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #30

I have the pathway also. Dish sold me a receiver for $50.00 and I just use my home service for no more charge.
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
billjmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
I have the pathway also. Dish sold me a receiver for $50.00 and I just use my home service for no more charge.

Do you have any pics of your setup?
Old 03-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Do you have any pics of your setup?
No, but there is really nothing to it. I haven't changed anything from the way my 29mv came from factory. I purchased the pathway instead of putting the traveler on the roof. With my old fifth wheel It seemed I was always put under a tree or in a park with nothing but trees. At least with the pathway I have a chance of finding the southern sky. Like others have said, only works with main TV. I have a Dish "Wally" receiver that is wireless for bedroom TV. So far working well. Haven't used very much as only got 29MV last summer and had a busy fall and very long winter. Just got it out of storage.
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
Old 03-08-2019, 04:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjmck View Post
No, but there is really nothing to it. I haven't changed anything from the way my 29mv came from factory. I purchased the pathway instead of putting the traveler on the roof. With my old fifth wheel It seemed I was always put under a tree or in a park with nothing but trees. At least with the pathway I have a chance of finding the southern sky. Like others have said, only works with main TV. I have a Dish "Wally" receiver that is wireless for bedroom TV. So far working well. Haven't used very much as only got 29MV last summer and had a busy fall and very long winter. Just got it out of storage.
I didn't know they made a wireless Wally. Does it interface with your main one?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #34

Jayco Prints and Plans

We purchased a 2018 Jayco 31V and read there are satellite connections under the skin of the roof as well as reinforcement for mounting the dish. I sent an email to motorizedservice@jayco.com asking for information. I received excellent service from a rep named Stephanie Butler, Stephanie_Butler@jayco.com. We traded a few emails and she ended up sending me a complete set of physical and electrical PDF build prints for my motor home. There is one print the clearly shows how to measure off the location of the WinGuard TV antenna to locate the wires and drill a 1" hole to fetch them. In my opinion, everyone should have a set of prints for your RV, even if you're not a DYI they will be helpful for the guy you hire to do the work. ..and a huge shoutout to Stephanie Butler at Jayco customer service!
lpleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:43 PM   #35

Quote:

Yes, now that got me to thinking also I would have to check that out for sure.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:30 PM   #36

I just had my automatic Directv dish moved to my new Jayco toy hauler. This dish needs a power lead plus the regular cable. The installer put the wires through the Ref vent.
The big thing I like about Directv is I pre-record hours of programs on my receiver while at home. I can watch these programs without putting up my dish.

The big problem for the small dish is I understand Directv will be going to HD only. Directv Sats are wide spread and hard to find.

If I had to do it over I would go with Dish and not put out all that money.
putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #37

I think any portable domed antenna will be SD with Directv unless you buy the $$$$ roof mount.

If I was to do it, I'd go with Dish TV for sure.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #38

Quote:
I have a wireless one in my home for 1 bedroom. I got the wally for the MH but haven't tried it yet. If I get to it in the next few days will let you know.
Demco Base Plate
Demco Commander Tow Bar
Old 03-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #39

Trying to learn everything about this 5th wheel while working a full-time job is exhausting!

I'm still trying to get Satellite TV to this darn thing with no luck.

I THOUGHT I'd simply be able to setup the Pathway X2, plug it into the satellite port in our docking panel, and be able to use a receiver in the living room and one in the bedroom. This is the impression I was let to believe by Dish for RV.

NOW, I'm thinking in watching videos, to get tv to the bedroom, I'd have to run the 2nd line out from the Pathway x2 into the bedroom. How the heck am I supposed to get that cable to my bedroom unless I just run it out the door and directly to the receiver?

I guess step one is to get the main TV to work. That won't even fire up first and it's pouring outside, so I'm not excited to mess with the antenna.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #40

You can only run one receiver at a time and watch one channel at a time with one cable feed. If you want to watch two tv's you need to run a 2nd cable from the X2 and use a 2nd receiver. However you'll still only be able to watch one channel. The X2 won't move to another sat while locked to the main receiver.
You may be able to watch two sats at one time. You channels are limited when trying to watch two tv's at one time. In other words if you're main shows on (west cost) 119 then you could choose 110 for programming on the 2nd receiver. Thats the way I see it.
FYI it's not uncommon for the RV sat wiring to be screwed up.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote