Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Jayco Fifth wheel group on Facebook

Hey guys, I have started a Jayco fifth wheel group on FB. Would love for all you Jayco fifth wheel owners to join. Check us out and lets share our fivers and camping experiences and photos. Thanks Tammy https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536903136614577/
Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #2

Why? I cannot think of a good reason to sign up for a facebook account, with everything that entails, when I can post pics and stories here.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Old 03-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #3

My wife has a Facebook account and at my recommendation joined. I do not have a Facebook account and do no see one in my foreseeable future! She does show me the pics from the Facebook account and it looks like a good deal...for her and other Facebook account holders with Jayco's.

If you want to join...then join...if not, then don't.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #4

I just joined it. Thanks for creating and sharing it tammy!!!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #5

My request to join this FB group is pending. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
Old 03-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Why? I cannot think of a good reason to sign up for a facebook account, with everything that entails, when I can post pics and stories here.
+1
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2002 Western Star 4900EX 500 Detroit 13sp.
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
Old 03-25-2016, 06:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
Hey guys, I have started a Jayco fifth wheel group on FB. Would love for all you Jayco fifth wheel owners to join. Check us out and lets share our fivers and camping experiences and photos. Thanks Tammy https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536903136614577/
Tammy,

Perhaps I can help you understand something about Social Media. When the criminal element needs to find out personal details about you, they mine your social media. When a local (to you) criminal wants to know if you are out of town, leaving your home and valuables vulnerable, they use Social Media.

Social Media is giving your personal information away, to anyone with a good amount of google knowledge on their hands.

As a professional in the Security industry, I'd walk away from your social media, and use a more traditional method of keeping up with friends or like minded people. (this forum is handy for that).

Are you really willing to trade even an ounce of peace of mind for whatever advantage you might see in a social media platform? - I'm not.

Take care.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
Old 03-30-2016, 03:46 PM   #8

Lol. As much as Facebook sucks and as much as I cringe with some of the things people post openly, I also have to think people are worry a bit too much about the evil Internet.

Judging by the posts aboves, I'm guessing many of you have no clue you can set your privacy settings so nobody except those approved can see things. Further still, you can choose just to view topics and maybe discuss things without giving up your personal info, much like here. Lastly, people post all sorts of stuff on this Web page that anyone can view but you people are worried about facebook?
Old 03-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Lol. As much as Facebook sucks and as much as I cringe with some of the things people post openly, I also have to think people are worry a bit too much about the evil Internet.

Judging by the posts aboves, I'm guessing many of you have no clue you can set your privacy settings so nobody except those approved can see things. Further still, you can choose just to view topics and maybe discuss things without giving up your personal info, much like here. Lastly, people post all sorts of stuff on this Web page that anyone can view but you people are worried about facebook?
X2

Nicely said!
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
Old 03-30-2016, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post
Tammy,

Perhaps I can help you understand something about Social Media. When the criminal element needs to find out personal details about you, they mine your social media. When a local (to you) criminal wants to know if you are out of town, leaving your home and valuables vulnerable, they use Social Media.

Social Media is giving your personal information away, to anyone with a good amount of google knowledge on their hands.

As a professional in the Security industry, I'd walk away from your social media, and use a more traditional method of keeping up with friends or like minded people. (this forum is handy for that).

Are you really willing to trade even an ounce of peace of mind for whatever advantage you might see in a social media platform? - I'm not.

Take care.
Some people!

She invited you to join a group on social media. It's not required.

Why on earth be so flipping critical. If you don't use Facebook or social media why even click on this to begin with.

Good lord, grow up.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #11
Site Team

We are not going to let this be a Facebook debate. Calm it down folks!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-30-2016, 07:30 PM   #12

We need Like buttons on this site. Similar to those used by FB. Do some folks worry too much, or maybe it's that I just don't worry enough..
Old 03-31-2016, 05:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post
Tammy,

Take care.
KC, no offense but what do you think this is????? Anyone can join this site and sit here and lurk and make up things about themselves and their rigs. If the criminal has the intent, he will know whether you are home or not. I have a huge storage shed in back of my two acres where my unit sits. That's like an advertisement as to my being home or not. I do have four video cameras running though, just in case. It is unbelievable all the things the criminal mind can come up with. If they would put half that effort into a law abiding job, think how much better the world would be. You are right though, plenty of criminals use whatever social media is available to learn all they can about you.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
Old 03-31-2016, 07:31 AM   #14

Maybe people need to post more pictures on the forum?
Closed Thread