Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: centerville
Posts: 14
Jayco Fifth wheel group on Facebook

Hey guys, I have started a Jayco fifth wheel group on FB. Would love for all you Jayco fifth wheel owners to join. Check us out and lets share our fivers and camping experiences and photos. Thanks Tammy https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536903136614577/
__________________

tammy is offline  
Old 03-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Cosmik Debris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Missoula, Montana
Posts: 554
Why? I cannot think of a good reason to sign up for a facebook account, with everything that entails, when I can post pics and stories here.
__________________

__________________
"I might be movin' to Montana soon..."

2013 Eagle 29.5RKS
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline  
Old 03-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bookemdanno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Frisco
Posts: 1,555
My wife has a Facebook account and at my recommendation joined. I do not have a Facebook account and do no see one in my foreseeable future! She does show me the pics from the Facebook account and it looks like a good deal...for her and other Facebook account holders with Jayco's.

If you want to join...then join...if not, then don't.
__________________
Dan
'16 Ram 3500 MC CTD Dually, 4:10 rear
'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD (gone)
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377RLBH (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is online now  
Old 03-23-2016, 08:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Near St Louis
Posts: 473
I just joined it. Thanks for creating and sharing it tammy!!!
Jrmay25 is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
taviking22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 266
My request to join this FB group is pending. Looking forward to seeing what it has to offer.
__________________
taviking22

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline  
Old 03-24-2016, 08:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Edd505's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Elephant Butte, NM
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Why? I cannot think of a good reason to sign up for a facebook account, with everything that entails, when I can post pics and stories here.
+1
__________________
2017 Durango G353KRT 2006 F350SD 6.0 LB Crew
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 LB Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT (sold)
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline  
Old 03-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammy View Post
Hey guys, I have started a Jayco fifth wheel group on FB. Would love for all you Jayco fifth wheel owners to join. Check us out and lets share our fivers and camping experiences and photos. Thanks Tammy https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536903136614577/
Tammy,

Perhaps I can help you understand something about Social Media. When the criminal element needs to find out personal details about you, they mine your social media. When a local (to you) criminal wants to know if you are out of town, leaving your home and valuables vulnerable, they use Social Media.

Social Media is giving your personal information away, to anyone with a good amount of google knowledge on their hands.

As a professional in the Security industry, I'd walk away from your social media, and use a more traditional method of keeping up with friends or like minded people. (this forum is handy for that).

Are you really willing to trade even an ounce of peace of mind for whatever advantage you might see in a social media platform? - I'm not.

Take care.
__________________
2015 Sierra Denali 3500HD SRW

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline  
Old 03-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fenton
Posts: 86
Lol. As much as Facebook sucks and as much as I cringe with some of the things people post openly, I also have to think people are worry a bit too much about the evil Internet.

Judging by the posts aboves, I'm guessing many of you have no clue you can set your privacy settings so nobody except those approved can see things. Further still, you can choose just to view topics and maybe discuss things without giving up your personal info, much like here. Lastly, people post all sorts of stuff on this Web page that anyone can view but you people are worried about facebook?
oz97tj is offline  
Old 03-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
dalebra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Waconia, MN
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Lol. As much as Facebook sucks and as much as I cringe with some of the things people post openly, I also have to think people are worry a bit too much about the evil Internet.

Judging by the posts aboves, I'm guessing many of you have no clue you can set your privacy settings so nobody except those approved can see things. Further still, you can choose just to view topics and maybe discuss things without giving up your personal info, much like here. Lastly, people post all sorts of stuff on this Web page that anyone can view but you people are worried about facebook?
X2

Nicely said!
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC Duramax
2016 Eagle 323LKTS Java
Pull Rite SuperGlide #4100 Hitch w/Mor-Ryde Pin Box
dalebra is offline  
Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: York
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_GMC View Post
Tammy,

Perhaps I can help you understand something about Social Media. When the criminal element needs to find out personal details about you, they mine your social media. When a local (to you) criminal wants to know if you are out of town, leaving your home and valuables vulnerable, they use Social Media.

Social Media is giving your personal information away, to anyone with a good amount of google knowledge on their hands.

As a professional in the Security industry, I'd walk away from your social media, and use a more traditional method of keeping up with friends or like minded people. (this forum is handy for that).

Are you really willing to trade even an ounce of peace of mind for whatever advantage you might see in a social media platform? - I'm not.

Take care.
Some people!

She invited you to join a group on social media. It's not required.

Why on earth be so flipping critical. If you don't use Facebook or social media why even click on this to begin with.

Good lord, grow up.
__________________

Knauby is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.