Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #41

Yes Quigley, I am having this issue in my 2021 Eagle HT 31MB. It's not exclusive to the island though as the entire slide floor is curling even where it does not contact the island. This is also happening in the bunkhouse room which is actually the first place I noticed it. I suspect this is related to the extreme Florida heat that my coach is exposed to.
Old 11-29-2022, 09:33 PM   #42

We noticed in the summer we can throw a runner over the floor and those “curls” are flattened. But once it gets cold outside, those runners don’t work. We even used carpet tape and it still wanted to curl up!
MKJUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 09:56 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
My 2022 28.5 RSTS has this problem. My dealer knows about it, but hasn't gotten back with me. He is supposedly contacting Jayco. When I get any news I will post it.
Yes, it’s awful. It’s too long and curls up at island. We put runners over it once it’s extended but in colder months it won’t flatten out. We used carpet tape and it didn’t flatten out all week. Since our water heater broke, I guess I’ll see what they can offer to fix it..
Old 11-29-2022, 10:05 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440 scout View Post
Following this thread closely because I'm getting ready to remove the carpet in my (s.o.b.) 5th wheel and install linolium bought from the dealer that has the edge of the linolium sewn along the part that goes up against the island. I'm hoping the sewn edge will prevent or limit the curling problem. I bet someone here will get this problem figured out and then post back. I like the post where they're going to try tape. Maybe carpet tape or some kind of tape that is somewhat heavy to keep it down?
We have runners which work pretty good in summer but we were in colder temps last week and the carpet stuck up with the curl. We used carpet tape and it didn’t last a day. It’s a crappy design.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:11 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJUZ View Post
We have runners which work pretty good in summer but we were in colder temps last week and the carpet stuck up with the curl. We used carpet tape and it didn’t last a day. It’s a crappy design.
I saw heavy lead tape on Amazon that may work to persuade the vinyl to stay down. It comes in a 1/2" x 100" long roll and weighs 2 grams per inch. You could fasten it under the vinyl along the edge. (Its used for golf equipment.) If it sticks properly under the vinyl, it should travel with the slide when it goes in or out.
440 scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #46

No, you have to pull it up so it can slide in.
Old 05-05-2023, 08:05 AM   #47

Yes, our linoleum has curled as well. Jayco agreed to replace it but could not give a specific date to do it. We are concerned that the replacement linoleum will be a match. We are using a runner rug to eliminate the trip hazard. Camping World's fix was to roll the linoleum in the opposite direction and let it sit for a few days. That made the problem worse in the opposite direction. Does anyone have carpet on the floor of the slide.
If so, does it slide in and out OK? Still waiting.
GoDevil is offline   Reply With Quote