Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watt View Post
After two different RVs, a Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel and now a Jayco Seneca, I also wonder about the QC programs at the manufactures. Our Seneca's chassis dash a/c wouldn't cool due to seal leaks, living room tv was fuzzy when connected to campsite cable, and we've had cabinet doors come unglued.

Between Jayco and the dealer all have been dealt with satisfactorily, as Keystone did with our 5th wheel issues. Jayco' two year warranty is certainly a plus in the industry.

But, is there a decision to skimp on factory/dealer QC and rely on the customer to be the QC? mmm, I wonder....
Your last sentence is spot on. We are the QC now it seems.

Diesel Mike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:07 PM   #12

Jayco has it's QC problems LegalEagle but if you talk with other RV owners of different brands no matter the price range I think you will find they all have had problems with new units. A standardized QC program for all the supply vendors would work wonders for the RV industry. AS was stated before a lot of the problems come from the suppliers and everyone uses most of the same parts suppliers. Jayco has a good reputation for standing behind their products. Once the bugs are worked out if a new unit they become a real enjoyment. I had several items fixed under warranty, the process was easy and I have been satisfied with the repairs. If you look at other brand owner forums you will see some ugly problems and resolutions.

2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
Jayco has it's QC problems LegalEagle but if you talk with other RV owners of different brands no matter the price range I think you will find they all have had problems with new units. A standardized QC program for all the supply vendors would work wonders for the RV industry. AS was stated before a lot of the problems come from the suppliers and everyone uses most of the same parts suppliers. Jayco has a good reputation for standing behind their products. Once the bugs are worked out if a new unit they become a real enjoyment. I had several items fixed under warranty, the process was easy and I have been satisfied with the repairs. If you look at other brand owner forums you will see some ugly problems and resolutions.
Agree +a bunch.

The OP's Title of this thread with "NO quality" is a bit extreme but I understand venting.

We had problems with our rig on p/u but did not go to the edge of the cliff and yell to all that would listen.

What we did was work directly with Jayco Warranty and they were excellent in helping us get going again even overnighting parts to the tune of over $500 just in shipping.

So please go thru the process and things will work out and you'll be able to enjoy a well made product with excellent warranty and service.

Oh...no problems since things were made right.

It happens folks with ALL manufactures. Remember RV's are NOT made with the precision of robotics like the auto industry (and they still have problems)...they are produced by human beings just like you and me.

Are we perfect? NO!!

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #14

This will go against some elitist folks, but if you purchase a slightly used unit (2-3 years old) then (in theory) all the bugs should be worked out; AND result in a much lower out the door price.

Yes I'm a Cheap Charlie.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
This will go against some elitist folks, but if you purchase a slightly used unit (2-3 years old) then (in theory) all the bugs should be worked out; AND result in a much lower out the door price.

Yes I'm a Cheap Charlie.
All well and good if you find the right floor plan you 'really' want and not settle for a 'substitute'.

If you are a weekend camper I guess just about anything works.

We are traveling about 9 months of the year and just not any ol' rig would work for us.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #16

The other piece to the puzzle is your dealer. If they do a thorough pre acceptance inspection when the unit arrives and a thorough PDI many issues would be corrected before the sale and delivery.

When I retired my dealer offered me a position doing just that, but it's definitely a lot more fun using my unit for months at a time.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #17

Any time you have a workforce paid by peace work(units per day) you can guarantee that quality workmanship will always take a back seat to production time. It's an RV industry wide problem, not just Jayco. A manufacturer wouldn't last 6months if they they chose to pay hourly and enforced a high level quality control program, they may only put out 2 trailers a day instead of 10 with a cost per unit no one would look at. We can be our own worst enemy as a consumer, if there was a choice of two trailers with identical features and floor plans and one was $10000 more with no quality issues I guarantee that manufacturer wouldn't sell enough to stay in business. RV quality control will always be left up to the dealer to deal with until there is an industry wide change. If you have a crappy dealer you will become quality control.

Ross..