Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2017, 05:34 AM   #1

Jayco info

I'm seeking information about product satisfaction for the Jayco North Pointe.
We are interested in buying one and think its features are just what we are looking for.
Presently we have a 2010 Wildcat. We like it but what to move up.
In the Jayco, are there issues with the trailer wobbling when setup. Any problems with warranty work getting done.
We have been reading the recent issues with the Ranier tires and feel the experienced owners give great info for which we are grateful.
Any ideas from the forum would be helpful in making our decisions.
Thank you
beverlyjsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:38 AM   #2

Jayco info

We have the 377RLBH. With the 6 point leveling system, the rig is fairly stable but I added JT strong arms to the front landing gear for extra stability (I have 3 kids running and jumping around all the time).

I have not had any major issues with my rig. It has not been back to the dealer for anything.

As far as tires, I took my rig from the dealer straight to the tire shop and replaced the stock tires with some Sailun g rated tires. If you have a Wildcat and are members of the FR forum, you know well the "blow max". Rainiers are basically the same tire.

Good luck with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #3

I currently have a 2009 wildcat and we are planning to order a 2017 Eagle 293tkds. What model wildcat do you have?
You need to get with a good dealer. The dealer will make or break the experience. Especially for warranty repairs. Jayco won't be of much help to you if you're dealing with a crappy dealer. The warranty coverage is only as good and the dealer.

Thanks,
Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
I currently have a 2009 wildcat and we are planning to order a 2017 Eagle 293tkds. What model wildcat do you have?
You need to get with a good dealer. The dealer will make or break the experience. Especially for warranty repairs. Jayco won't be of much help to you if you're dealing with a crappy dealer. The warranty coverage is only as good and the dealer.

Thanks,
Earl
Thanks for your response.
We have a 30 LSBS 2010 Wildcat. We are looking forward to trading in and getting a good deal. NADA gives a value of 17,500. Of course, we don't expect to receive that in a trade, but hope to get close.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
We have the 377RLBH. With the 6 point leveling system, the rig is fairly stable but I added JT strong arms to the front landing gear for extra stability (I have 3 kids running and jumping around all the time).

I have not had any major issues with my rig. It has not been back to the dealer for anything.

As far as tires, I took my rig from the dealer straight to the tire shop and replaced the stock tires with some Sailun g rated tires. If you have a Wildcat and are members of the FR forum, you know well the "blow max". Rainiers are basically the same tire.

Good luck with your purchase.

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 AM   #6

If you get within the same "area code" of that NADA number, I'll be shocked.

I currently have my trailer listed below what the NADA says mine is worth, and I could actually sell it for less that what it's listed at, and still be a couple of thousand plus above what the dealers have been quoting me.

Thus, I must sell my trailer before I buy a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlyjsteel View Post
Thanks for your response.
We have a 30 LSBS 2010 Wildcat. We are looking forward to trading in and getting a good deal. NADA gives a value of 17,500. Of course, we don't expect to receive that in a trade, but hope to get close.
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post

I thought Jayco was now putting Good Year tires on all the 2017 models?
Old 01-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post

Not sure if they are or not but mine (2016) came with Rainier tires

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM   #9

tire option

Quote:
We just visited a Jayco dealership that had Ranier tires on a 42 ft rig. We question the salesman and he said these tires were made in the USA. Reading the threads about it and that young man was very wrong. Goodyear tires are on option upgrade. HMMMMMMMMM Could be a deal breaker.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlyjsteel View Post
We just visited a Jayco dealership that had Ranier tires on a 42 ft rig. We question the salesman and he said these tires were made in the USA. Reading the threads about it and that young man was very wrong. Goodyear tires are on option upgrade. HMMMMMMMMM Could be a deal breaker.
I think no matter what brand trailer you decide on, they all use crappy tires. See if you can negotiate better tires into the deal?
Old 01-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #11

Quote:
I think no matter what brand trailer you decide on, they all use crappy tires. See if you can negotiate better tires into the deal?
I ordered my North Point 377 in December of 2016. The revised order sheet of November 7, 2016 fron Jayco showed a mandatory, option #12817, Goodyear tire (F) upgrade. The price was $450. I went with option#12999, Goodyear 16" G rated tires & rims. Price was $1,762.
Hopes this helps you.
Curt 25K with a roller for short bed
Curt front hitch for bicycles
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #12

To get warranty work done is hard to answer. I have had excellent service. The issue is the dealerships. They do the work. Some dealerships are fabulous some are questionable at best. Do your research on dealerships, a good one is worth their weight in gold.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHopper View Post
I ordered my North Point 377 in December of 2016. The revised order sheet of November 7, 2016 fron Jayco showed a mandatory, option #12817, Goodyear tire (F) upgrade. The price was $450. I went with option#12999, Goodyear 16" G rated tires & rims. Price was $1,762.
Hopes this helps you.

Nice to have choices isn't it...and you made a great upgrade in the 'G's'.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G. View Post
Nice to have choices isn't it...and you made a great upgrade in the 'G's'.

On my Open Range I had to replace all four tires within a year.
1st tire I noticed was soft. While pumping it up my friend saw a bubble on the inside of the side wall.
2nd tire about six months later I had a split in the tread. Maybe I hit a pothole?
3rd (three months later) tread looked funny. Inspecting the tire the inside & top of tread was shifted.
4th I was replacing because of 3rd tire & saw the inside tread shifted.
I am in contact with the China rep in Tennessee trying to get a refund.
That why I am going with Goodyear G rated tires & rims that match the tire.
Curt 25K with a roller for short bed
Curt front hitch for bicycles
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
To get warranty work done is hard to answer. I have had excellent service. The issue is the dealerships. They do the work. Some dealerships are fabulous some are questionable at best. Do your research on dealerships, a good one is worth their weight in gold.
Make sure you you have a good dealer. I have dealt with my purchasing dealer and another dealer to date trying to get warranty work done. So that would be #1 if I had to do it over.

The Tires, It's pretty sad when you buy a new unit then hear from others you may want to change them because of the problems they are having with them. So I would check that out for sure. Not sure if the 2017 now have the better tires or not on them.

Overall we really like the Northpoint, trying to get warranty repair is another story in itself.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Our 2017 White Hawk came with Provider tires. Have not heard of that brand before.
2nOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #17

we are looking at buying a Jayco at a dealership that is in the next state over from us (we live in WV and are working with a dealer in Ohio, because the dealership nearest us in WV has a very poor service rating and we have visited them a few years back when looking in general and was not impressed with the sales people there. and also since that visit they have all but closed down 2 times, so I don't want to do business with someone that is that "iffy". the dealership we are talking with now has a really great reputation both in honesty, sale information and service. Our current dealership has great service but do not sale Jayco which is why we are looking elsewhere
Scott and Val is offline   Reply With Quote