Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2016, 01:52 PM   #1

Jayco No Parts for 2013 Eagle HT - 3 Yr old RV.

We need to replace 1 slide out gear on our 2013 Eagle HT 27.5BHS. We've been chasing this since early June. The gear was made by Lenox (?) and is now a discontinued part. Jayco dealer has confirmed the OEM that made gear parts was bought out and the parts are no longer made. Its 3/4" shaft opening with a 10 tooth gear/sprocket and need a spacer. We had one made by a machine shop and it was to thin and broke on 1st use. Jayco nor anyone else can supply the parts for our THREE YEAR OLD RV!!!

We're now pursuing through our Insurance company how to resolve this. We've been out of camping commission all Season trying to get this resolved (and still making payments on the RV).

Has anyone run into Jayco PARTS NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO REPAIR 3 YEAR OLD RVs???

mjh1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:15 PM   #2

Unfortunately no RV manuf that I know of stocks parts for items that came from a 3rd party vendor. You might find the entire assembly at one the RV surplus stores in the ELKHART area
Old 07-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

I don't have an answer for the OP but what if the rig had a 7 year extended warranty?
What would happen then.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Unfortunately no RV manuf that I know of stocks parts for items that came from a 3rd party vendor. You might find the entire assembly at one the RV surplus stores in the ELKHART area
Jayco doesnt have the part !

Unbelievable !! Gm Ford or Chrysler GE, Frigidaire etc etc are outsourcing most of their components and they must be available for 10 years after the end of production.

And no the arguments that the volume and bla bla bla dont stand .... Can you imagine spending 60k and not being able to use it because the one putting it together refuse to help that customer ? Jayco should use all their power and leverage to get the part fabricated, imported invented , or what else for this family, 3 years is nothing come on Jayco or Thor or ...whatever Im disgusted by this story

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Site Team

Have you communicated with Jayco?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:54 PM   #6

Unfortunately this is what the RV industry has become, poor quality and unreliable. Three years old and no parts just not right, will be interested to see how Jayco handles this, the outcome will determine just what kind of company it is.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:59 PM   #7

Had a 4 year old Huskvarna riding mower and ran into the same problem when the transmission broke. There had been a couple buy outs of the supplier of that tranny and the last one had gone bankrupt. A $1500 mower is junk overnite.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #8

I could have sworn there was a federal law that requires manufacturers make parts available for 7 years. When I was in the Computer hardware business we had to file for bankruptcy. The judge made it clear that we had to escrow enough money pay a third party to make parts available for the duration of the seven years.
I'm not where I can look it up now but I'd check the FTC website.
If I'm right, you can threaten to file a complaint with the FTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #9

Yes we have contacted Jayco, Dealer, RV Repair Shop....

I contacted Jayco via email (only way I could get an answer) and they provided part #s. The repair shop ordered the part and it was wrong part. The repair shop actually contacted Jayco (they had a #) and were told the parts for the slide out gear is no longer made for 2013.

Heavy sigh! We've now engaged our RV insurance company. This is completely ridiculous for 2013! Not to mention we've lost this majority of this years camping season. Thanks for listening.......
Old 07-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
I could have sworn there was a federal law that requires manufacturers make parts available for 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If a company goes out of business all bets are off. It's just like JAYCO's purchase of TRAVEL SUPREME's assets after bankrupcy. Many owners ended up with no warranty and no parts support.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh1961 View Post
I contacted Jayco via email (only way I could get an answer) and they provided part #s. The repair shop ordered the part and it was wrong part. The repair shop actually contacted Jayco (they had a #) and were told the parts for the slide out gear is no longer made for 2013.

Heavy sigh! We've now engaged our RV insurance company. This is completely ridiculous for 2013! Not to mention we've lost this majority of this years camping season. Thanks for listening.......

Wow, I totally agree that this is ridiculous and crazy, let us know how it work out, I've being looking at getting a jayco but if they don't correct this I will be going else where.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:

I would suggest you sit down and write a letter to Trailer Life and have it posted in the RV Resolution section. Every month they publish letters and seem to have a pretty good track record of getting problems resolved.

If push comes to shove, I'd be making a trip to the factory and drop it off and say "fix it"!

I certainly hope something positive happens for you.
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #13

We've now turned it over to insurance company and they're figuring out if the slide out can be retrofitted with new slide out components. Either way very expensive fix for something that should cost couple hundred bucks! We will be steering away from Jaycos after this experience.
Old 09-21-2016, 12:27 PM   #14

Update on the continuing saga of getting parts to fix my slide on 2013
Eagle HT. After sending parts 3 different times the slide out was fixed. The fix lasted for ONE WEEK and same part (gear wheel broke and chewed up the rails again)! My insurance company SAFECO / Liberty Mutual denied the claim to pay the repair (if we can ever get right parts) stating after looking at it 3 times (each time it broke they sent someone out) the breaking is due to Defective PARTS!

Now I'm dealing with Jayco and have had the Director of their Service Parts on phone. They are now trying to figure out how to retrofit the entire slide out assembly to something they have in stock from Lippert. Jayco has shipped at their expense parts (which continued to break). I'm $1,000 in on repairs that have not fixed the camper and they continue to try and find parts. Mind you this is a 3 yr. old RV. They've offered $250 as good will, however I'm $1K in and still awaiting parts to fix the RV. We've lost an entire Camping Season on this issue.

My advice Don't buy a Jayco brand RV. SIGH!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Mutual denied the claim to pay the repair (if we can ever get right parts) stating after looking at it 3 times (each time it broke they sent someone out) the breaking is due to Defective PARTS!

Which JAYCO didn't make

My advice Don't buy a Jayco brand RV. SIGH!
It happens across all brands if a former supplier closes up shop.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #16
Site Team

I understand your frustration but not your advice. Your situation could have happened to any brand that was discontinued.

I have confidence that it will be resolved. Sure seems like a pain in the meantime.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
Lost in the Woods

Parts

Our 2015 needed a floor discontinued we have not had it a year screws coming up all over
My garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #18

We shall see I've been waiting patiently since early June. Lost entire camping season on an RV that I'm still paying on......
Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #19

The same happened to this 2013 but it was fixed under Warranty.

Tags
2013 eagle ht, bad service, buyout, no parts for 2013, totaled