Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #11

ROC,
I have looked into all of the manufacturers, I think they all pretty much suck.... including some of the things that I saw with Jayco. I picked the lesser of the evils hopefully. There is a lot to like about Jayco. This is our first Jayco too. What pushed me over the edge was the fact they are not owned by one of the major corporations such as Thor, they are still family privately owned. I could not even find stock to see how the company was doing. When I looked at the BBB on Jayco, they have only had a handful of issues in their entire history, I was impressed with that. The North Point seems like a pretty good quality product overall. As far as the noise on A/C, we had the 2nd roof air 13,500 Coleman Mach in our Keystone up front, that thing would run you out of the room it was sooooo noisy. Also, it was not "ducted" like the Jayco. The A/C in the North Point is much quieter, we played with one last weekend in Tampa.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Mine works. Most work. Some have trouble.
Electric really wasn't the way to go IMHO.
LCI Gound Control 3.0. Look it up.
2015 was Ground Control 2.0

LCI has a new independent, self contained hydraulic system. Looks interesting.
klassic, I just downloaded the manual, reading up on it now. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #13

Congratulations. I do not have your model but the AC system rocks. The one in the bedroom is noisier but it does not hamper my sleep. I do think it cycles a little too quickly. I will fix that with a digital thermostat with variable settings. I do not have the heat pump either but the heating system rocks, as well. I was in 17 degrees F the first night I camped and I was as snug as a bug in a rug. I did also run the fireplace while in the living area and I did bring an electric space heater for the bedroom to save on propane. Electricity is inefficient but when you are paying for hook ups at a camp site, using their power is the way to go.

I am very happy with the insulation so far. I will no more as summer hits if I am still satisfied.

I had no freezing issues in the cold weather even though I was not winterized after the PDI. Another reason for running the furnace. Wanted to keep the underbelly heated to prevent problems.

My electric jacks work great and have a lot of reach. I was afraid I would have to block the hell out of them but my concerns were unfounded.

Post some pictures for us when you get your new unit. We like pictures.

King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote