Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #1

Jayco North Point 351RSTS

Just pulled the trigger on a new build 351RSTS. Does anyone have this particular unit that they can share information on? My last coach was a Keystone 5th Wheel (2014) and it spent its entire life in the shop.

How is the quality of the Jayco?

I ordered the second power awning, all three slide toppers, ordered convection oven, ordered the heat pump, ordered the second roof air.

Sincerely,

Michael and Taesun Bounds
Geneva, FL.
magnumsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Lee

I have had mine since August and love it. We haven't had any problems with it so far. We got all the options you listed as well. The heat pump works well until outside temps get to around upper 30s then starts to struggle. It will continue to run until the temp drops 3-4 below your set temp and will then automatically switch to the furnace.

There's a few others on here as well with this model but not a lot.

If you have any questions. I'll try my best to answer them. When is yours supposed to arrive?
Old 03-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #3

I am being told 8 to 10 weeks to build it... Should know more soon. Thanks for your feedback Lee, I appreciate it.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:27 AM   #4

We have the 2015 model and we love it. I was pretty much set on getting a Pinnacle but after comparing it with the 351RSTS, we were sold. There's so much room inside and more storage than even a pack rat like me can use. In addition to the options you described, we also had a washer/dryer installed that's pretty convenient for those long trips. We also installed a hardwired EMS and upgraded the wheels, tires and mattress. I never thought I'd use the outdoor kitchen so much but it's been a huge plus. The auto-leveling system has pretty much worked flawlessly except on one occasion where we were on a very off-level campsite. The only two significant problems we've had were a bad fuel pump on the Onan 5500 gen set and a leaking cooling unit on the fridge that was taken care of under warranty. You'll love it.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #5

Quahog,
Thanks so much for the positive feedback. I have been sweating the electric jacks. You have helped me there. The outside kitchen was non-negotiable for me. The few times I did get to use my Keystone (when it was not in the shop), we used the hell out of that outside kitchen. It was the first thing I looked for, a floor plan without bunks and with the outside kitchen. The market is limited in this regard. I am installing the TRC 34560 Surge Guard with remote monitor panel. Had those in my last RV and they worked flawlessly. - Magnumsoldier
Old 03-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #6

Magnum.... The 2015 and the 2016 don't have the same electric levelling systems.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #7

Uh oh
Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM   #8

Are the new jacks better or worse than before?
Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

Mine works. Most work. Some have trouble.
Electric really wasn't the way to go IMHO.
LCI Gound Control 3.0. Look it up.
2015 was Ground Control 2.0

LCI has a new independent, self contained hydraulic system. Looks interesting.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumsoldier View Post
Just pulled the trigger on a new build 351RSTS. Does anyone have this particular unit that they can share information on? My last coach was a Keystone 5th Wheel (2014) and it spent its entire life in the shop.

How is the quality of the Jayco?

I ordered the second power awning, all three slide toppers, ordered convection oven, ordered the heat pump, ordered the second roof air.

Sincerely,

Michael and Taesun Bounds
Geneva, FL.
Hi Michael and Taesun,

Welcome to JOF and congrates on your new Jayco 351RSTS.

Though we don't have the 351RSTS, our 2015 361REQS is the 1st Jayco product we've owned and have been very satisfied with both the quality of the unit and Jayco's customer service.

I think you'll find that the Jayco's quality is much superior to the Keystone 5th Wheel you previously owned.

We also have the second power awning, slide toppers, and second roof air.
All excellent options and you'll be happy you have them.
I think they've changed the type of second roof air provided on the 2016 models. Hopefully it's quieter, because our 2nd A/C in the bedroom is very load, but we're still happy we have it.

Congratulations and good luck.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:23 AM   #11

ROC,
I have looked into all of the manufacturers, I think they all pretty much suck.... including some of the things that I saw with Jayco. I picked the lesser of the evils hopefully. There is a lot to like about Jayco. This is our first Jayco too. What pushed me over the edge was the fact they are not owned by one of the major corporations such as Thor, they are still family privately owned. I could not even find stock to see how the company was doing. When I looked at the BBB on Jayco, they have only had a handful of issues in their entire history, I was impressed with that. The North Point seems like a pretty good quality product overall. As far as the noise on A/C, we had the 2nd roof air 13,500 Coleman Mach in our Keystone up front, that thing would run you out of the room it was sooooo noisy. Also, it was not "ducted" like the Jayco. The A/C in the North Point is much quieter, we played with one last weekend in Tampa.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Mine works. Most work. Some have trouble.
Electric really wasn't the way to go IMHO.
LCI Gound Control 3.0. Look it up.
2015 was Ground Control 2.0

LCI has a new independent, self contained hydraulic system. Looks interesting.
klassic, I just downloaded the manual, reading up on it now. Thanks for the information.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #13

Congratulations. I do not have your model but the AC system rocks. The one in the bedroom is noisier but it does not hamper my sleep. I do think it cycles a little too quickly. I will fix that with a digital thermostat with variable settings. I do not have the heat pump either but the heating system rocks, as well. I was in 17 degrees F the first night I camped and I was as snug as a bug in a rug. I did also run the fireplace while in the living area and I did bring an electric space heater for the bedroom to save on propane. Electricity is inefficient but when you are paying for hook ups at a camp site, using their power is the way to go.

I am very happy with the insulation so far. I will no more as summer hits if I am still satisfied.

I had no freezing issues in the cold weather even though I was not winterized after the PDI. Another reason for running the furnace. Wanted to keep the underbelly heated to prevent problems.

My electric jacks work great and have a lot of reach. I was afraid I would have to block the hell out of them but my concerns were unfounded.

Post some pictures for us when you get your new unit. We like pictures.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote