Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2021, 09:52 PM   #1

Jayco Northpoint 377rlbh

Looking at ordering a 2022 377RLBH and would like input from owners of this model as to what issues/concerns they have had.
I really like the quality of the one I saw on the lot.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:46 PM   #2

We bought one of these new in 2016. The floor plan is great for us. We can sleep ten or use the extra space for storage. It is very comfortable to live in. We just finished a trip of more than two months and never felt shut in.

That said, there were quality control problems. We feel like most of the inside trim was installed buy the worst of craftsman. We have reattached most of it. Some was reattached under warranty, but if you want to have more time in the unit, do it yourself. Most of the systems have been great. The Norcold propane/120v fridge actually froze food in the fridge during 100 degree plus weather, with the fridge side of the trailer exposed to the sun.

The factory solar wiring was put to use right away. We put two solar panels on the roof ourselves, and have been able to dry camp for as long as our water lasts with no power shortage.

System problems - We have only had a few. One of the front ground control jacks was bad from the factory. I advise testing the entire leveling system extensively before your first trip. We had problems with an out of range error at our first stop, and discovered Camping World did not give us the manual for the system. The error was easy to correct once we found out how.

We have had multiple problems with the Schwintek slides. A bad control cable on the big kitchen slide got it stuck in the extended position. After our two month trip, we have two slides the need level adjustments. I understand some brands are moving away from the Schwintek on larger slides.
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 05:37 PM   #3

Thanks for your input. I have had 2 Jayco's TT's with minimal issues, but my most recent one was built in 2010, before they were acquired by Thor. We have been looking at this floor plan by other manufacturers but keep on coming back to the Northpoint.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:34 PM   #4

I understand. We kept coming back to this unit ourselves. From what I see in these forums, most brands are suffering from poor workmanship. Fortunately, we purchased the Good Sam membership (it came with the trailer), insurance and 7 year extended warranty. The extended warranty is paying for itself just in the repair of the two slides that are out of alignment. Also, the package came with a tech support hot line that has come in handy several times, including how to re-home the leveling system when we were not given the manual.
ccsest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:19 PM   #5

Since I want to tour this country for a few months at a time and may find myself doing an overnight without hookups I am looking at the propane/12v fridge option and the factory propane generator.
Can anyone weigh in with their opinions on these 2 options?
Old 12-01-2021, 10:16 PM   #6

In 16 we purchased a brand new 17 375. Minimal issues, and been very happy with it. Ours came with the genny prep and last year I had a chance to get a genny for it and didnt pull the trigger. We don't boondock so it wasnt that big of a deal. Ours has a Frigidaire residential fridge in it. Obviously it works on the 120v shore power but also works on it's own separate 12vdc battery bank with an inverter connected while going down the road. All factory installed. Our fridge can go a couple of days pretty easily on the batteries. We had a front right jack catastrophic failure that could have done some serious property and/or human damage but we got lucky. I didnt let it ruin a weekend trip and just dealt with it. It was fixed on my own in 3 days once we got home.
One thing I will say you need is the optional disc brakes. Makes stopping that beast a whole lot better. DIY install if you can, i did, or if you think your dealer has qualified techs that can do it, have them do it. This way itll be part of the new warranty. However, disc brakes needing warranty work would be a very slim chance. You can have mobile installers do it for you fairly reasonably also.
We had minor Schwintek issues but nothing that wasnt easily fixed. Keep them properly lubed per the LCI video on youtube. That made a BIG difference in ours.
The big trailers like these seem to have suspension clearance issues. I'd bet they got that fixed for the 2022 models. Our 17 was part of a national recall. We never had any issues but they "upgraded" things on ours and we're good to go.
Old 01-02-2024, 03:56 PM   #7

Stay away from the 2022 - nothing but problems
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:36 AM   #8

I have a 22 it’s a great rig. Few small issues but they all have issues.
I have owned several rv’s this one is pretty good
Filterbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsest View Post
I understand. We kept coming back to this unit ourselves. From what I see in these forums, most brands are suffering from poor workmanship. Fortunately, we purchased the Good Sam membership (it came with the trailer), insurance and 7 year extended warranty. The extended warranty is paying for itself just in the repair of the two slides that are out of alignment. Also, the package came with a tech support hot line that has come in handy several times, including how to re-home the leveling system when we were not given the manual.
How do you zero level it. I don’t have the option on my jaypro screen
Filterbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:25 AM   #10

We really love the design but rug is nothing but headaches!
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote