Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-25-2019, 01:35 AM   #21

I was very happy with my NP and cold weather camping last Christmas. Temps dropped to -20 farenheit in Angle Fire, NM last year. Outside water line to fridge froze, black and grey tanks did not freeze as I put a gallon of RV antifreeze in each. My tankless water heater did burst a pipe, but totally my fault as I shut it off not realizing it had an anti-freeze feature. I shut it off because the parks water froze and figured no water passing through the tankless heater so may as well shut it off. Worst part of the trip was my furnace went out again during that cold, as I have had trouble with the furnace since day 1. We kept warm with the Fireplace, electric heater and Big Buddy heater and kept the inside around 68. I was super impressed as we had no skirting and this cold weather was a freak cold front that came through.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWedell View Post
Just drained them now no problem. I close the valves off and make sure the sewer hose is drained completely after draining. The valves are up inside the trailer and you can actually see them through the access port in the basement. I fill up the freshwater tank and disconnect the hose and blow it out so far absolutely no problems it’s like it’s a summer day
I have seen a couple of back to back nights here in Alabama of 8 degrees F and no problems here either. My Designer is rated to zero also and so far nothing has frozen. I do the same as you in winter however, I operate off of my fresh water tank and only hook up to fresh water via the hose when I need to fill the tank. I don't blow my hose out however, I just lay it on the ground stretched (they don't bend too well when cold) on a slight incline. It drains fine.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #23

Ha! I haven't heard of using trouble lights as warmers for years and years. Fifty years ago I put one on top of my car's engine on cold Nebraska and Minnesota nights.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote