Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

DW and I are considering a Jayco Pinnacle for our retirement and fulltime living.
was hoping for some feedback pro and con and hows quality.
I know they all have there issues however after our deep investigation we keep coming back to Pinnacle. We currently have a Open Range Roamer which has been good to us however it would not be comfortable for full time.
Thanks,
Scott
scotte303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #2

Scott, The wife and I looked at a LOT of 5th wheels. Did I say a lot? We planned on full timing and it took two years to finally get it going. (had some family members living with us. ect ect) Well after all was settled we sold the house and packed it up. Right now we are staying full time in a 30 foot toy hauler. We ordered a new 2019 Pinnacle KPTS. So there is a fast life story so back to why we got the pinnacle. We checked in town and out of state at all sorts of large 5th wheels. Narrowed it down to a few. Montana, Alpine, Riverstone and a couple of others.

We then went to the big RV show in Calif last October. We spent a week in a KOA next to the fairgrounds and everyday we went to the show. We found a ton of RVs we liked but like you we kept coming back to the Pinnacle. The funny thing is that as we narrowed it down it was because of small things. Some I cannot explain. I will tell you it was down to 3 and we were looking HARD at the Montana with the bathtub in the front. The reason we said no on the Montana was one small detail. I am 6 foot 2 and as I walked into the bathroom I hit my head on the bathroom door frame. That was it for me. I am not going to duck every time I go into the bathroom. We made the Pinnacle KPTS our rest area at the show! To us it had more included items than others and honestly when we sat in the living room we felt "at home" Plenty of room and just that feeling of 'this is the one'.

We ordered the Pinnacle 36KPTS in May. It should be off line 1st or 2nd week of September. We ordered a lot of extras including the generator, extra awning, the better windows and a bunch of other stuff.

So my opinion for what it is worth is Sit in them. Hang out for a while.Open things up. see if you feel at home. For us it was all about the feeling at home feeling!. And I do not bump my head anywhere!

Who knows If I will have any problems. You never know with any brand out there. I have contacted Jayco a couple of times and they get back to me really quick! I think it is a gamble with whatever you choose out there. Don't listen to the salesman. Listen to what you and your wife think.

I just picked up my Pinnacle puller last week end.(2016 Ford F-450 Platinum.) That should pull her and then some! I had to drive thru the area where my Pinnacle will be delivered and stopped in for a while. I walked thru the 2 Pinnacles they had on the lot and they looked great. And what about that new bathroom EH?
that's my opinion on the subject. Good luck and happy shopping!
Steve
priv8pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #3

Hey Pilot,

Thanks for the detailed response. We will most likely be buying a 2020 since I wont be retiring until then but the 2019 sure is sweet, especially the bathroom. Looks great anyhow, not sure if thats real tile or what...
I have a great friend we travel with and they own a 2016 Montana, they have have numerous issues with it. I dont think they are as good as they were originally. Slide room issues, black tank issues, hydraulic issues and numerous other things. Thank goodness he was a mechanic by trade and is able to fix all this stuff.
We will be at the Hershey show in Sept. and really looking forward to seeing all these 5th wheels again.. We had also booked a tour of the Jayco plant for Pinnacle that same week, but they cancelled it. Maybe another time we will get to see them built.
But something must be good if we both keep going back to the Pinnacle.
We have a 2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW so we definatley have enough truck. That pulls my Open range 13k loaded through the Adirondeck mountains like its not even there and I think the Ford has some more HP.
Best of luck with your new Truck and Jayco Pinnacle.
All the best, Stay safe!
scotte303 is offline   Reply With Quote