Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2015, 02:20 PM   #1

Jayco pinnacle 38flsa

Hey All, so I'm seriously considering buying a 38 FLSA we are getting out of out 34 foot Mobile Suite witch was a awesome unit! Can anyone give me some feedback, I'm hoping the quality and workmanship is equal to the Mobile suite. I would be looking at DRV again if they offered a front living model
TIA
Gschmatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:25 PM   #2

Don't know much about that model, but wow! We looked at one at the RV show and omg..I wanted it so bad! But momma said eh eh.

Good luck!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #3

lol it is a nice looking unit!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #4

We were also considering the front living area but those big recliners take up a lot of the length, also the kitchens tend to be very small as a result.
Looks like it's most likely going to be a Pinnacle 36rsqs for us. I still get my big TV.
Spanky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:36 PM   #5

How do you find the quality of the unit?
Old 06-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Got one on order. Delivery scheduled for mid July, I'll let you know
Kevin and Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #7

Going from a Mobil Suites to a Jayco would definitely be a step backwards, having just bought one the quality is just not here.
bankedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 AM   #8

Wow! I know it's not a mobile suite but I looked at a few and they didn't look bad. As much as we use it I just can't see paying 100gs for a trailer! Even knowing that the MS was basically troble free for 14 years!!! Any other brands (high end) to look at?
Old 06-18-2015, 05:08 AM   #9

We're not fulltiming yet. So the mobile suites coach didn't work for us. Wasn't sold on front living until the flsa came out. That did it for us...
Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 AM   #10

We love the layout just concerned about craftsmanship
Old 06-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschmatz View Post
We've had our Pinnacle 36FBTS for about 5 weeks now. It stays in an RV park and is used every weekend. I have not had any major issues yet, just acouple of minor things. Door lock adjustment, thermostat in the B/R was off (dealer sent me a new one to replace it with), and a couple of other little tweaks.
We are very happy with it, the quality is there. No other issues to mention.
As you know RV's are like any thing else put together by humans, some will have problems while others will be trouble free forever. I'm sure there are MS owners that have had their share of issues too.

Good luck with whatever you decide on...
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #12

Thank you for your help I'm leaning towards the FLSA what dealer did you use?
Old 06-18-2015, 09:24 AM   #13

I will be looking at the keystone mountaineer this weekend. Then will decide
Old 06-19-2015, 06:21 AM   #14

We took delivery of our 38FLSA at the end of March and love it. Have had no problems thus far. We keep it at a permanent site. I believe the quality is much better than the others we looked at... Bayhill, Montana, Cardinal. We even went to the factory and saw ours on the line, I was impressed the most on the quality of the cherry cabinets. The Mobile Suites are definately higher quality and higher price. The campground owner has a new 2015 mobile suites rear living parked next to us and you can tell. The things that are better on the DRV are items like the double box frame, Mor Ryde independent suspension, 17" wheels, disc brakes, and the plumbing setup where you can access a copper manifold that is labeled with each faucet and shut off if there is a problem. I would have looked at them also if they had a front living floor plan. I dont think you will regret getting a Jayco. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:10 AM   #15

We have an annual site as well and have owned a forest river fifth wheel product for 13 years. Had nothing but problems. Never again. Overall the jayco owners I know have had less issues than all the others combined.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gschmatz View Post
We've "bounced " ours down the road for about 4,000 miles so far and no issues other than the ac/heat-pump which was a Coleman issue.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:45 PM   #17

We have a 38flsa. We had a KZ front living room before this one. We like our jayco a lot. Not having a mobile suits - I can compare them. We love the front living room. Would buy it again.
Iowa6.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:53 PM   #18

We have had a jayco premiere and have towed it well over 20 thousand miles in last 3 years. Some minor issues and jayco has taken care of us wherever we are. We are waiting on our upgrade to the 38fsla supposed to be in first week of July.
pgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #19

Our 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA has arrived at the dealer

Our 2016 Pinnacle 38FLSA arrived at the dealer on Thursday June 18th. They are 85 miles away from us but called and asked if we wanted to come and take a look at it prior to delivery. We ran over there (Bozeman) to see it and it is really nice. The Craftsmanship looks real good. There are quite a few changes to the outside from the 2015s. The rear taillights are two vertical ones about 2" X 10" on each side and the clearance lights are small round Leds at each locations instead of the old lens type.

The mirrors behind the stove have been replaced with tile. The couches are smaller with two cushions instead of three. The fridge is a 23 cu ft two door side by side Frigidaire as is the microwave. The TV is a 58" Furion (Boo) and the BR tv is a Saikyo 32". The awning is Carefree and is Black, white, and Gray patches but looks nice (21') We are #5 in line for delivery so it will be mid week until we get it. Drooling at the mouth. It has Goodyear G614RST 14Ply tires that I ordered from the factory so shouldn't have the blowout problems that I had from the TowMax on the 2014 Pinnacle 38FLFS.
Can't Wait!!!
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #20

Been full timing in our 2105 FLSA for 7 months and absolutley love it, no regrets! Buy from a dealer, not online, as it is a mechanical item and things do break. Unquestionable warranty and quality from bith our dealer and Jayco. If I hit the lottery tomorrow, I would buy the Jayco FLSA all over again!
Grawe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
38 flsa, mobile suites