Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2019, 07:49 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringneks View Post
I’m jealous, congrats and safe travels.
Thanks Ringneks! We loved our 2018 NP 315RLTS........but after deciding to go full time we thought we needed more space. The extra 6" in width makes a huge difference!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Taking it in tomorrow to our local RV guru to have a set of Roadmaster shocks installed.
Here's a pic of the Roadmaster shocks I had installed today.
Attached Thumbnails
Roadmaster Shocks2.jpg  
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-18-2019, 07:51 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkeller View Post
We have a 19 KPTS picked up last Oct. We love it. I think the fit and finish is excellent. Opted for full body paint and it turned out gorgeous. We have had issues with some of the appliances that are not Jayco’s fault. Water heater computer board and thermostat failed, furnace sail switch failed, these were quickly repaired by a local mobile repair guy under warranty. Stereo is also not working properly and am waiting for a replacement. We have the RV frig and might have a issue there, work in progress to determine that. Made a couple major interior changes to add storage. All in all, we totally happy with the unit.
Bearkeller, I see you have a Vesta dishwasher installed. We had one installed in our new Pinnacle but have not been out to use it yet. What are your impressions?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 05-22-2019, 01:38 AM   #124

Quote:
Here is a picture of our new 5er............taking it in tomorrow to our local RV guru to have a set of Roadmaster shocks installed. Getting close to our takeoff date! Will follow up with some additional pics.

Awesome setup AKRUEBBE, safe travel as you head out I envy you sir and I hope that you will still keep in touch.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #125

We just went through the Texas freeze with three days power lost. We had to charge our two marine batteries with the truck and run the furnace set at 50 degrees at night. We froze. Fridge did ok, but batteries ran down significantly, probably shortened the life and will get new ones at a later date. (No generator installed on this model).
JeanBean70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:03 PM   #126

How’s the ride, before & after? Did everything supplied in the kit fit work / without any need for rework?
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffur View Post
How’s the ride, before & after? Did everything supplied in the kit fit work / without any need for rework?
No problems..........everything fit and made a big difference in the ride going on two years now. If I ever get a new 5er I will definitely get the independent suspension.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-05-2021, 11:34 AM   #128

We love ours but recently the awning lights have gotten warped and wavy and Jayco refuses to warranty it because they say it’s cosmetic AND that they know it’s a bad design and will only do it again!
Why put a bad product on your brand and actually admit to the buyer that you knew it was bad!!
Bucs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd7998 View Post
Hello, my wife and I are wanting to trade in our current 5th wheel which is a 2017 Denali for a 2019 Pinnacle 36KPTS. Does anyone on in this forum own a 36KPTS? What issues, if any, have you had with your RV? I know from my research that all RV's are going to, at some point, have problems. Overall, is the Pinnacle line of 5th wheels a good RV? We had been looking at the Montana's, but after walking into a 36KPTS, we basically fell in love with the layout and all of the windows, and the amount of counter space and interior storage. Thanks for your input. John
John
We have the 2019 pinnacle kpts and so far love except recently we took it for some warranty work on the awning lights that were warped and wavy.
Jayco denied replacing or fixing it because they know it’s a bad design and will only do it again.
My complaint is, if you knew it was bad why put it on your RV and then actually admit to the customer it’s a bad design!!
And it’s not cosmetic, the awning is a standard feature on this RV!
Old 03-05-2021, 11:57 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs12 View Post
John
We have the 2019 pinnacle kpts and so far love except recently we took it for some warranty work on the awning lights that were warped and wavy.
Jayco denied replacing or fixing it because they know it’s a bad design and will only do it again.
My complaint is, if you knew it was bad why put it on your RV and then actually admit to the customer it’s a bad design!!
And it’s not cosmetic, the awning is a standard feature on this RV!
Bucs12, I had both my awnings replaced under warranty because of the lights. Had it done in November of last year. The dealer was the one that brought it to my attention. I believe it was Carefree who covered it not Jayco. I would talk to Carefree directly or have your dealer do so. See attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Awning Replacement.pdf (434.8 KB, 16 views)
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #131

Quote:
Bucs12, I had both my awnings replaced under warranty because of the lights. Had it done in November of last year. The dealer was the one that brought it to my attention. I believe it was Carefree who covered it not Jayco. I would talk to Carefree directly or have your dealer do so. See attached.
Thank you so much for the info.
We also have a bolt thru the floor in front of our island!
Sounds like that happens a lot!
Old 03-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #132

It has been awhile since you made this post and purchased your 36FBTS - we have a new one on order and I would like to know any pros and cons you can offer on your rig - we are going from a similar floor plan on a Big Horn to this unit - thanks
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:36 AM   #133

I love the master bath. I love the fireplace. The storage space in the cabinets all over is terrible. Triangular corner cabinets are difficult to fit things into. Most of the cabinets are tall but very shallow, especially in the bathroom. The fan in the master bath does not operate with a wall switch. You have to stand on a stool to reach the fan speed and to turn it on. My guy does not like where the controller panel is for the jacks. It’s awkward to get to. Those are our pet peeves. Oh and I am disappointed with our dark interior. But it was our only choice at the time. Other than that we love the layout. We did have a problem with the big kitchen slide on the fridge side. It quit working. It turned out to be a loose connection. Motors were removed and tested with all connections tested, then reassembled and the slide worked again. Best wishes to you. We’ve had excellent support with Jayco any time we’ve had questions. Our rig really feels like home. We are full timers.
JeanBean70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 12:23 PM   #134

What is the fix for the crack? We just noticed our 2018 has the corner crack.
RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #135

Hopefully you did not experience the quality issues we are experiencing with our new 36ssws. Very frustrating
Rthudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing View Post
What is the fix for the crack? We just noticed our 2018 has the corner crack.
Relief cut
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:10 AM   #137

Whats the experience with a 2021 or 20 KPTS? Any widespread issues to be aware of on the newer model years? We are thinking about ordering a 2022 KPTS next week and would appreciate any feedback on the newer ones. One concern is we went in a 2021 and a 2022 on a dealers lot. Neither BMPro display worked. One it was obvious they were working on. A little scary that the failure rate is 100% for the ones I have seen. Any experience with the sanicon? Worth the 500 bucks?
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:01 PM   #138

36kpts

We have a 21 pinnacle 36kpts. It was delivered last aug.

We took it on a shake down of a bout 1000 mles all over ny state. The month of sept.

Had a couple of small isues, slide problem, water leak from shower. Auto leveling.

It has been back at the dealer since oct. With the gig list. We will hit the road again in march.

All things considered, it towed better then our last 5er, interior is nicer.

All the tech is a little scary,

good warrenty
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:32 PM   #139

The tech is scary for sure. The two we looked at were both inoperable. That’s 100% failure rate
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #140

the displays may have not been shut down properly and just needs to be reset....there are procedures for this.
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote