Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #141

Our system works ok

but i would much prefer wall switches

or at least a way to override the system into a manual mode
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 07:25 PM   #142

As far as manual switches I agree. Some would argue that some functions can be done manually but they still use the buttons on the bottom of the pad. One of the pads was completely reset before we got there. Fuses were pulled to cut the power completely and I believe they were because the caps on the fuse holders were not put back. After reading on the system the other could have been in sleep mode and the salesman may have not known how to get it out of sleep mode. So I will revise the failure rate to 50 %. Seriously though I hope that what I saw was not the norm. When it is all working seems like a very nice feature!
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:43 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpocket21 View Post
The tech is scary for sure. The two we looked at were both inoperable. That’s 100% failure rate
The "tech" in our 36FBTS works perfectly. I am looking at the thermostat readings, battery readings and the tank heaters as I type this at home. It is 29F outside, colddd!! I have two small electric heaters inside that amazingly seem to work very well, as the thermostats are all reading 61F, as well as another in the basement blowing air into the mess of lines and wires underneath. I have a couple of small cosmetic issues and a possible larger one on the front cap fiberglass. Won't know until dealer takes a look at it. The smaller ones will take very little time to repair, I think. The power reel is broken, but that was my fault. The motor is fine, however, I got it stuck one day and yanked a bit too hard so that the reel won't spin. I have the improved kit from the company, but decided the repair was above my paygrade and will let dealer fix. It has been very easy to wrap cord around the ladder and secure with a couple of bungees. The furnace, which we have never used, has proven a bit finicky. If not tested on a regular basis, and this is my uninformed opinion, it wants to cycle on/off until it gives a fault code. I have learned to only allow it to do this twice before shutting it down and prevent the fault code from kicking in, and this way I can retry shortly after. I do this 5-6 times over a day or two, and voila!! it works great. I will have dealer look at it as well. Early October, while at Myrtle Beach, we had a water leak from the tankless water heater. It was the inlet water connection, and a PEX connector, all new to me. I loosened / retightened multiple times and it still leaked. About the time I gave up on it, it stopped leaking and hasn't since. I still have the cheap paneling under the half bath sink off so I can keep an eye on it. Others have posted here about water leaking from the back of the connector, past the gasket, and not the PEX crimp. On this same outing, the awning over the door going forward would not extend. Spent a good amount of time over phone with dealer trying different things, to no avail. Dealer was 400+ miles away, so going there was not an issue. My wife was looking through the KOA brochure, and there in great big letters was a sign, THE AWNING MAN, lol. He was there in 15 minutes and quickly diagnosed it. It had come unplugged and blamed on Jayco's shoddy workmanship. He fixed it in no time and, $280 later, we had an awning. We did not spec this unit, it is loaded, and stumbled on it on RV Trader. One thing it did not have, was the hydraulic brakes, and we had it retrofitted right here at the farm. The Kit came from performancetrailerbraking.com. It was $2625 and we added the 9/16 lug nuts for another $64. The mobile installer charged $1000, and it was a man/wife team, and they were wonderful. The one time we have been out with it since the conversion, they worked great, and I feel it is a lot safer pulling this heavy camper. All in all, I am pleased with it.

I almost forgot, we had issues with the batteries installed. After taking delivery and going to a local campground for a couple of days, we came home. A few days later I opened the front compartment and found it extremely hot on the right side where the batteries were installed. Dealer installed Interstate group 27 maintenance free batteries. I was getting readings of 180-200F, and one had outgassed on the side of the compartment. An eagled eye member here brought it to my attention. Dealer thinks they were not properly filled with water at the factory. I replaced them with same but regular cap units, and no more issues. Dealer reimbursed us.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:14 AM   #144

I am not a techy person but I do like the system in our Pinnacle. There are enough redundancies that I think I can get everything to work if the tablet fails, which it did once. The manual buttons at the bottom still worked fine. I also use my phone app quite a bit when leveling, operating the slides, awnings and HVAC system which works independent of the tablet. I can sit in my recliner and not have to move my lazy rear to do anything.

We are approaching our 3rd season with ours and so far I could not be happier with it. The issues we have had are a kitchen slide adjustment, replaced a faulty a/c, replaced the dead tablet and had the recall done on the propane regulator. Our dealer, Moix RV in Springdale, AR is the best we have ever had in our rv'ing experience. They do excellent work and seem genuinely interested in keeping us going.

As a person who always thinks things could be better I have done a few things to the Pinnacle to make it more to our liking:

1. Replaced the door lock with the remote operated RVLock's.
2. Changed the mattress to a Casper from Costco.
3. Took out and bypassed the water jug system and added an undersink filter for the the little water spigot.
4. Replaced the hard to clean 3 track shower door with a Nautilus retractable.
5. Replaced the not very good Furrion tv with a smarter and better picture Vizio.
6. Completely removed the sound system and replaced it with a nice soundbar and subwoofer.
7. Since we use DISH for our tv I added a couple of direct hookups for the Pathway X2 and Tailgater for the living room and bedroom tv's. They work much better with the shorter cable runs.
8. Did not like using the reel for the 50 amp cord during cold weather. I bypassed it with a direct hookup using a SmartPlug connector and built a new cord using a type that is flexible in cold weather. I now have to roll up the cord and throw it in the bay storage but I still like it better than fighting the reel.
9. Replaced and sold the original MorRyde step system as I didn't have the clearance in my rv garage to let it swing down. It would hit the wall on that side. I replaced it with the Torklift Uprising which telescopes out.
10. Had the brakes upgraded to disc by Performance Trailer Braking.
11. Last and probably not the last added the Roadmaster shock system and MorRyde X Factor cross braces.

I think I need to find a new and less expensive hobby.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:30 AM   #145

Yes…the sanicon is worth the money in my opinion…..
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 10:34 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sola123 View Post
Yes…the sanicon is worth the money in my opinion…..
What he said ^^^^^^^^
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:50 PM   #147

We recently purchased a very slightly used 2021 Pinnacle 36RTLS. I think used 3 times. Anyway, we couldn’t be more pleased with this unit. The only upgrade we’ve done is replace the bathroom sink with a vessel sink. It now looks like the 2022 model now. It wasn’t difficult at all. I would post a picture but not sure how to.
We’ve had no issues with the residential fridge. The ice maker works great

Glenn
GlennEllen Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 02:47 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennEllen Ann View Post
We recently purchased a very slightly used 2021 Pinnacle 36RTLS. I think used 3 times. Anyway, we couldn’t be more pleased with this unit. The only upgrade we’ve done is replace the bathroom sink with a vessel sink. It now looks like the 2022 model now. It wasn’t difficult at all. I would post a picture but not sure how to.
We’ve had no issues with the residential fridge. The ice maker works great

Glenn
Welcome Aboard!

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 07:26 PM   #149
TJL

We are placing our order for the 36FBTS!! Do you feel like you have ample room on each side of the bed? This concerned me. As well as the pantry storage? Would really love to hear from someone who had one of these! Thanks
TJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 05:04 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL View Post
We are placing our order for the 36FBTS!! Do you feel like you have ample room on each side of the bed? This concerned me. As well as the pantry storage? Would really love to hear from someone who had one of these! Thanks

Me, wife and 2 toy poodles love the king size bed, however, she despises the lack of room on each side of the bed, specially near the head. When she makes the bed, ugly sounds come out of her mouth. After two years of ownership she is still dreaming of a queen size. Pantry is ok but you lose a lot of room due to the half bath. We went inside a Solitude S a couple of days ago, and she was impressed with their pantry. The half bath is what made the deal for us, so I have no issues there. I am up, very early as usual, bedroom door closed. She and the puppies are in sleeping heaven, and I have a bathroom all to myself without waking anyone. The coffeemaker is doing its thing, and my laptop on the table. Works well for us and have not dismissed the idea she may end up with a queen bed lol.
Old 10-19-2023, 06:40 AM   #151

The pantry did seem small but we found a place for everything we had before. The bedside room is small. I have to side step to get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL View Post
mtpocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 02:40 PM   #152

The quick answer to your room around the bed question is NO. We downsized to a queen bed to give us a little more room. I just had to trim the sides of the wooden pedestal. We snuggle a little closer now. I did want to pass on a few more comments. We no longer have our Pinnacle. We ordered our 2021 36FBTS because I wanted full body paint and a few other extras. We had it over a year and made one trip all the way to Calgary, Canada - 3 months. We also spent 2 months in Maine and at one point had the MorRyde IS system installed. Thats another story. The Pinnacle is a great RV but as compared to the Heartland Big Horn we had previously there was a great difference in the amount of storage available the Pinnacle just does not have. The Pinnacle is great for short term travelers or weekend folks but, to be out for months at a time it just does not have the capability. October of last year we purchased a Riverstone Legacy right off the lot in Knoxville and sold our Pinnacle pretty quick. The Riverstone, quite honestly, is a step above the Pinnacle and we have room to spare - very happy. All of this being said we loved the Pinnacle community and that's why I stay on here. Good luck.
GeorgiaTrains is offline   Reply With Quote