Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Lower front corner of the bed-room slide. Usually coming off at a 45 degree angle.
Technically, it's the lower front corner of the main body, where the bedroom slide "cut-out" is. It's not the slide itself that cracks. Right?

Dave

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:33 AM   #22

If you go to this thread there are some pics of the cracks that some have posted. Mine is a NP 315.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tup-63985.html
Ram Laramie 3500, asin, 4x4, DRW 4:10.
2018 NORTH POINT 315, 8K Axles,disk brakes and 17.5"
WayneTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #23

Jayco Pinnacle

I have a 2015 & I feel so comfy in it, I had a house but I’m selling it and I’ve been living in my camper for about 8 months, it just feels so homey
Rooster51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:42 PM   #24

We have a 19 KPTS picked up last Oct. We love it. I think the fit and finish is excellent. Opted for full body paint and it turned out gorgeous. We have had issues with some of the appliances that are not Jayco’s fault. Water heater computer board and thermostat failed, furnace sail switch failed, these were quickly repaired by a local mobile repair guy under warranty. Stereo is also not working properly and am waiting for a replacement. We have the RV frig and might have a issue there, work in progress to determine that. Made a couple major interior changes to add storage. All in all, we totally happy with the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
E7A7DAD1-0B58-4005-9DFA-5AA9F8D60E95.jpg   3CEF9F74-9BB7-4765-B38B-929BB294BEE7.jpg   FB0F82E1-0E58-454E-8FBB-651B083F133E.jpg   6686B48F-896A-4479-8D36-8BC6AE9EC23A.jpg  
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #25

Good choice. My wife and I own a 2016 Pinnacle 36 (our 3rd camper) and find it very nicely appointed with attractive design. Keep in mind that we have it set at a seasonal site and have no intentions of pulling it. With that said, as with every camper we have owned, there were minor issues that caused us to shake our heads especially when you are buying a higher end camper. We had to replace the mattress after 2 years as it started to loose its support (we are not over weight). Bought a better quality memory foam mattress which is just perfect. Found TVs and sound system to be off poor quality and old technology so we upgraded both (BluRay, 4K, smart TV). Strongly recommend good surge protector. Worth the investment as it will protect all your systems especially the residential refrig. Was told that replacing the refrigerator would be very challenging. Shower drain and water filter leaked but easy fix. Auto levelers did not work. Had to do manually. Replaced unit. Have no idea how I would fix the heater if it goes bad as there is no access to it. Frustrated with Jayco’s and dealer’s lack of supoort. Were unable to tell me where all the valves were for the ice maker. Finally found one behind the lower drawer next to refrig. Hope you have a long arm. Finally, the decorative LED lighting on the front end cap partially failed within the 1st year. Haven’t tackled that fix yet. My biggest complaint of the RV industry is the lack of quality control and poor customer support. Looking back, would I buy it again? Yes. We love the interior and exterior design. The bathroom and bedroom is spacious (even with a king size bed). After speaking to other campers, I concluded that you will experience problems regardless of the manufacturer. Enjoy your new camper.
Bobbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #26

We also have a KPTS and love it. I currently have a problem with the ice maker, ice won't come down the shoot and also have to replace the oven, won't hold constant temp (under warranty). The biggest issue was I had to replace all four brake shoes, I guess something flew up and broke the brake magnet wire and that set the brakes on one side, trying to work with Jayco on that !!
EdHatheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #27

I realize you have more advice than you bargained for. Most of which is positive in your proposed purchase. My brother has a 2018 Pinnacle and he likes it. I have a 2015 Jayco Eagle and like it. But it has had its issues with Schwintek slide mechanisms. I went to a RV show yesterday and, to my chagrin, I found that Jayco had cheapened the track upon which the slide is moved on a 2019 Pinnacle. As opposed to being physically attached across the sidewall of the slide, as were most I found at the show, the Pinnacle's much smaller geared track is now suspended about 1/2 inch off of the slide sidewall and is attached only at the outer end of the slide itself. I noted this track was already slightly bent. If you find that configuration on yours, I wish you the best of luck.
Moving Along is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Along View Post
I realize you have more advice than you bargained for. Most of which is positive in your proposed purchase. My brother has a 2018 Pinnacle and he likes it. I have a 2015 Jayco Eagle and like it. But it has had its issues with Schwintek slide mechanisms. I went to a RV show yesterday and, to my chagrin, I found that Jayco had cheapened the track upon which the slide is moved on a 2019 Pinnacle. As opposed to being physically attached across the sidewall of the slide, as were most I found at the show, the Pinnacle's much smaller geared track is now suspended about 1/2 inch off of the slide sidewall and is attached only at the outer end of the slide itself. I noted this track was already slightly bent. If you find that configuration on yours, I wish you the best of luck.
That system is the SlimRack and they use them on the larger heavier slides. After a year my North Point that has that system on the big slide, I've had no problems...........yet! I keep the track lubricated with a dry lube recommended for slide systems.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #29

Residential frig vs gas/electric opinion: My family and I own a kitchen and bath dealership. In addition to cabinets etc we also are a dealer for Whirlpool appliances. The appliance repair company we use is factory trained by most major brands. His opinion is those residential refrigerators don’t like being bounced around, being turned on and off numerous times and low voltage which happens more than we think. If your RV style is to be in 1 place for a long time they might be fine but RV refrigerators are made to travel down the road. All appliances are not made as good as they used to be so I think longevity down the road should be a concern.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #30

Pinnacle quality

We have the pinnacle 37rsts. Bought new 18 months ago. Saw it at an rv show and my wife fell in love with it. Had been looking at the heartlands and Montana. She had to have it.
We are in a cross. Country trip now from California and currently in fl heading to the keys.
Have spent 6 months total, 10000 miles
And all is good. Some
Minor cosmetic issues but nothing big. Have not been back to the dealer, no need to.
Have the residential fridge and we love it. Put in 4. Six volt batteries and have not had any issues.
The size and the cold it is great. You will love it and the wife will love you for it. Enjoy
haweinberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #31

DH and I are still in the research phase of our purchase and do love the Jayco Pinnacle line. They seem to have cornered the market on luxury, comfort, stability and price as far as we're concerned. However, in looking at the new 2019's with the new shower set up that has the 1/2 sliding glass door does have us concerned. We'd really be interested in hearing from those of you who have actually used this set up to see what your thoughts are on it. Our main concern is the 'splashage' of water outside of the shower unit unto the floor, walls, etc. Just seems like it would hard to keep water from getting on the floor, walls, etc. A couple units we looked at it seemed,too, that the bracket attached to the ceiling holding the taller glass shower door was very loose and unstable; with this we're worried about vibration as we're traveling down the highway, etc.
tjndsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjndsa View Post
DH and I are still in the research phase of our purchase and do love the Jayco Pinnacle line. They seem to have cornered the market on luxury, comfort, stability and price as far as we're concerned. However, in looking at the new 2019's with the new shower set up that has the 1/2 sliding glass door does have us concerned. We'd really be interested in hearing from those of you who have actually used this set up to see what your thoughts are on it. Our main concern is the 'splashage' of water outside of the shower unit unto the floor, walls, etc. Just seems like it would hard to keep water from getting on the floor, walls, etc. A couple units we looked at it seemed,too, that the bracket attached to the ceiling holding the taller glass shower door was very loose and unstable; with this we're worried about vibration as we're traveling down the highway, etc.
We have a Pinnacle on order with the walk in shower and I too was concerned that the bracket holding that glass would also be a concern. As soon as we get it I'm going to put heavy stick on felt pads on the metal bracket which will definitely cushion the space between the glass and those brackets. Jayco should have done the same in production!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #33

We traded our Laredo in on a 2019 Pinnacle 36KPTS and are scheduled to get it March 30th. We have been looking for over a year and decided on getting this model. Looked at Montana's and Alpine's, I couldn't get past the fact that when I walked around the kitchen island the floor would move and the island would wiggle. We are hoping for the best with this as our preliminary inspection list is mostly small cosmetic items that really should have been taken care of at the factory or never there in the first place. We did point out that the shower glass metal bracket was not fastened to the glass and loose in the ceiling as well. I can update more after we get it and have some time to play with everything.
Chris
Past Travel Trailers:2003 Flagstaff 25LB, 1993 Terry 35V, 1982 Serro Scotty 18', 1976 Dutch Craft 25', 1972 Banner 18'
Bar-OneRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:23 AM   #34

We have a Pinnacle with that weird half shower door. (We did not even notice it until the pre-delivery inspection). It is not a problem. I often don’t even close the little door as the shower is large enough that it does not splash back that far. Once while cleaning up, I used the shower wand to clean and rinse the closed half-door and the rails did not drain well back to the shower but drained some to the floor - no big deal because the bathmat was there anyway.

In fact I wish I had the problem of water splashing all over the place. The water flow is barely strong enough for a PTA shower. I have removed the flow resrictor from the wand hose and have just purchased an Oxygenics RV shower head as well as a new adjustable water pressure regulator with gauge. Hope it helps.

Over all we love the Pinnacle and are really comfortable in it.
-angus
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #35

We have a 2019 KPTS. Sure, I can cause water to splash over the short glass but using some common sense its no big deal. We put a bath mat butting up to the shower base and it catches any splash.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #36

We have the new 2019 KPTS and we actually had problems with the lower shower door we could not close it. That was an item that just got fixed under warranty and even when we could not close it to keep water in It really wasn't much of an issue.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
We have the new 2019 KPTS and we actually had problems with the lower shower door we could not close it. That was an item that just got fixed under warranty and even when we could not close it to keep water in It really wasn't much of an issue.
Its funny you say that, that same problem was on our list of PDI repairs. We noticed that the door was hard to slide closed and when it would move it took the upper plastic track with it.
Chris
Past Travel Trailers:2003 Flagstaff 25LB, 1993 Terry 35V, 1982 Serro Scotty 18', 1976 Dutch Craft 25', 1972 Banner 18'
Bar-OneRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #38

Which RVLock model works best on the Pinnacle. Would it be the compact model because of the larger glass window in the Pinnacle?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-22-2019, 06:20 PM   #39

Which lock are you talking about
Old 03-22-2019, 06:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkeller View Post
Which lock are you talking about
The entry door. I want to install a keyless lock from RV Lock