Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2019, 04:47 PM   #1

Jayco Pinnacle

Hello, my wife and I are wanting to trade in our current 5th wheel which is a 2017 Denali for a 2019 Pinnacle 36KPTS. Does anyone on in this forum own a 36KPTS? What issues, if any, have you had with your RV? I know from my research that all RV's are going to, at some point, have problems. Overall, is the Pinnacle line of 5th wheels a good RV? We had been looking at the Montana's, but after walking into a 36KPTS, we basically fell in love with the layout and all of the windows, and the amount of counter space and interior storage. Thanks for your input. John
Jd7998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

Hi JD,
We just spent a month in Florida shopping for the right RV for us. We went to several dealers and really liked the Montana's and Durango's. In the final days of our search we were about to buy a Durango Gold. We ended up at a small dealership in St. Augustine that we felt was the best dealership we had visited.They sold Durango and Jayco. I thought we were going to buy a new Durango Gold trailer when my wife snuck off and looked at the Pinnacle 36FBTS (just for the fun of it). She said "This is the one I want" it took her about 3 minutes to convince me that was the right RV for us. So we sat down and worked out a great deal on a great RV. To me the Jayco Pinnacle line is hard to beat. But just as important you need to find a good dealership. I think we found both. CJ
CJ68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #3

Hi CJ,

Your story sounds so much like mine!! We live in WA and have been to dealers all over WA and one dealer in Portland. Last weekend we went to a dealer in Pasco, WA as they had all of the models we had already looked at plus the Jayco models. We had looked at Montana's, Durango's, Big Horn's, Alpines, Avalanche, except for the Jayco. As soon as we walked into the 36KPTS, we knew it was for us. We still looked at the North Point and walked into some of the Montana's but we both came back to the Pinnacle.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:28 PM   #4

JD,
Yes that is a similar story. The dealer is storing our Pinnacle until we return in September, then they are going to deliver it to the campground Which is about 30 miles from the dealership. We are planning on spending the entire winter in Florida. We haven't decided if we are going to get a truck or just use transport services. Our goal is to spend 4 months in Florida, 4 months in North Carolina, and 4 months at our home here in Northeast Ohio CJ
Old 03-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #5
PMC

We’ve had a 18 KPTS for a year and love it. Some very minor issues but nothing major that would require a lengthy stay at the dealer. My wife absolutely loved the layout and storage. We looked at a ton of similarly priced units and always came back the the Pinnacle for one reason or another.

Overall we’re completely satisfied one year in.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #6

Do you have the residential fridge? If so, any problems with it while traveling?
Old 03-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
PMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd7998 View Post
Do you have the residential fridge? If so, any problems with it while traveling?
We do in ours, no issues at all. The inverter runs it without any issue. I would say that upgrading your battery bank isn't a horrible idea. Two small marine batteries isn't ideal although we haven't had any issues with running the fridge in transit.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #8

We also have the residential fridge but we haven't even used our RV yet. Somebody told me it helps if you have a second battery. And it helps more if you have lithium batteries. But I don't know for sure how much that helps. I would think if you are driving the TV would keep the batteries charged. It might help a little to turn the fridge down a little. I hope we get more feedback about this question.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd7998 View Post
We have the residential fridge in our North Point with two 12 volt deep cycle batteries and have towed it over 7,000 miles with no issues at all. We can tow for 6 hours and when we stop the batteries are still holding 13 volts. Of course we never boondock either.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #10

I think it’s fair to say that most trucks that are hefty enough to pull Pinnacles or Northpoints will also have hefty electrical systems. My truck has two heavy duty alternators for example. The beer and wine is always cold.
-angus
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 07:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
I think it’s fair to say that most trucks that are hefty enough to pull Pinnacles or Northpoints will also have hefty electrical systems. My truck has two heavy duty alternators for example. The beer and wine is always cold.
-angus
x2 Couldn't stand for warm beer
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #12

We have an '18 KPTS and are thrilled with it. We had an Eagle, but still looked at several brands - we kept coming back to the fit and finish of the Pinnacle being, in our opinion, far superior to the other brands. We also have a great dealer...

We did have the dreaded crack, but that's now being repaired and she should be better than new when we get her back in a couple of weeks. My understanding is that Jayco fixed the issue that was causing the cracks for the 2019 model year.

The residential fridge is fantastic. We did upgrade the battery bank to 4 6V deep cycle batteries and have never had an issue. After about 13 hours on the road we still had plenty of juice to run the leveling system to get ourselves setup at the CG.

I doubt you'll regret your decision.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #13

We also have the 2018KPTS and really really like it...so far so good...our snowbirding in central Florida is our second trip out since we purchased in late Oct...it definitely feels like a real home away from home.....very pleased...we did like the 18 layout better than the 19 so we bought one off the lot instead of ordering.....after 9 years in a montana I believe this to be a step up for sure....
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 01:48 PM   #14

We took delivery of our 2019 KPTS last June. It was one of the 1st 2019s out so far we are very happy this is our 2nd pinnacle both had residential refrigerators both have performed excellent we took it to Southern Florida this winner and back we have 2 batteries all day pulling never got below 12.9 V.
Philbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #15

We have a 2019 KPTS on order. Suppose to be built in April and available to pickup at the dealership in May sometime. We looked hard for about 9 months and thought we wanted a FBTS but then walked into them back to back...ultimately we decided on the KPTS for the extra storage space...
616Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #16

We have the 2019 KPTS and we like it so far. Had a minor water leak at the dishwasher T, tightened the fitting a bit more no more leak. We do have the Furrion sound system with the volume problem. Was reading the earlier post about the “dreaded crack” can someone tell me more about the crack and what to look for? We had a washer and dryer installed that my wife likes versus the combo we had in the old Class A. I will be upgrading the batteries but for now they good.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph0808 View Post
We have the 2019 KPTS and we like it so far. Had a minor water leak at the dishwasher T, tightened the fitting a bit more no more leak. We do have the Furrion sound system with the volume problem. Was reading the earlier post about the “dreaded crack” can someone tell me more about the crack and what to look for? We had a washer and dryer installed that my wife likes versus the combo we had in the old Class A. I will be upgrading the batteries but for now they good.
Did the factory install a dishwasher for you or did your dealer. Which dishwasher did you choose and how is the fit?
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 03-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Was reading the earlier post about the “dreaded crack” can someone tell me more about the crack and what to look for?
Lower front corner of the bed-room slide. Usually coming off at a 45 degree angle.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM   #19

Thanks Grumpy, so I need inspect the bedroom slide a lot closer. Not meaning to mislead you folks my Pinnacle is plumbed for a dishwasher, I have the two legged version. The leak was just at the T for the dishwasher hook up on the hot water line. Just had to tighten the fitting a little more.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #20

Quote:
I have the two legged version.
Ralph, two legged version of what............guess I'm not reading your post properly.........thanks! Sorry, I just figured it out!! I'll have to ask my DW if she would like the job
Formerly from Sequim, WA