Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2017, 06:27 PM   #21

That's what I wondered about it. The junk wording was obviously added, but if the video had been sped up, the guys voice would be faster too. So it would take some pretty good editing to make the video faster but the talking normal speed.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #22

Sorry about the drain issue. I don't understand how it was missed by both the dealers post-sale check (get ready), and the pre-delivery check. Checking all of the drains is one of the many things that should have been done in front of you during the PDI.

Our dealer told us that they really check them with a fine tooth comb because some of the delivery drivers can be more interested in getting to the dealership fast, rather than being gentle with the units.

Hope that everything else is OK!

Enjoy the unit and be safe!
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:59 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
That's what I wondered about it. The junk wording was obviously added, but if the video had been sped up, the guys voice would be faster too. So it would take some pretty good editing to make the video faster but the talking normal speed.
I believe some of the line scenes were sped up in the original or the video would have been much longer.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #24

I'm a first time owner of an rv. We got a 26.5bhs and only had it out once before the parks closed around here. Everything went smoothly. So far the only issue I have seen is the battery disconnect doesn't work. I'm interested in what I should be checking for other issues? I haven't filled the water tank but have filled both grey and black tanks. So far no leaks. I was able to winterize it with only 2 gallons of anti freeze.

Does seem like 6 to 7 hours to build a trailer isn't long enough. But then again I was able to build 50 computers from boxed parts in the same amount of time and each of them booted and ran fine for many years. Got to the point I could build a computer in 10 minutes if all the parts where out of there boxes.
VE6CPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VE6CPU View Post

Does seem like 6 to 7 hours to build a trailer isn't long enough. But then again I was able to build 50 computers from boxed parts in the same amount of time and each of them booted and ran fine for many years. Got to the point I could build a computer in 10 minutes if all the parts where out of there boxes.
Only takes about 90 min to assemble a car.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #26

Yes Yes Yes!!
Old 10-22-2017, 02:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
I haven't jumped back in b/c honestly I have a very real sense of relief and freedom from having to worry about what could be broken or possibly leaking on my RV at any given time.

That's just me though. I ALWAYS wondered on camp setup or camp break-down if I was going to get hung out w/ a bad leveling jack, or if my slide was going to cooperate, or if I was going to find a leak this trip out, etc.

It just wasn't worth it to me. RV'ing is a very personal choice and I know many live w/ the shoddy craftsmanship and build quality and justify all of it for the pleasure the rig brings. And I'll agree, we made a lot of great memories in our campers. But I also know that any one of our vacations could have been hosed badly if we lost a slideout or a jack got hung up or heaven knows what else.

Mind you my personal feelings on this matter were far more pointed when I had a motorhome. If your trailer gives you real problems you could always limp it to the overflow area and head out in your TV. If the motorhome has issues, you REALLY have issues. Plus, for the obscene price, I really didn't want to tolerate my A/C or something taking a dump on me for the couple of weeks I could use it. Florida/Disney w/ no AC is the pitts - that's not vacation to me.
I look at mine the same way I did my house. There is always some kind of maintenance that needs to be done to it. If you ignore it for 6 months and expect it to be ready to go on a 2 wk vacation you'll get a lot of surprises.

And the new house I bought many years ago had far more issues than my new RV.

I do feel sorry for the big Class A folks when they have problems. For that kind of money they should be very reliable. But, even airplanes have frequent inspection cycles and maintenance, and that maintenance cost isn't cheap either.

Remember
1. A house is a hole in the ground into which you pour money
2. An RV is a hole in the road into which you pour money.
3. A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.
4. An airplane is a hole in the sky into which you pour money.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:07 PM   #28

PS none of the above is an excuse for poor workmanship. But, we the customer have pounded on the RV industry to give us the 'best price' for a product. We reward the lower priced, cheaply made products by shopping for it. We brag about the great deals we get by negotiating less expensive purchase prices, then complain when the product is made at that price level.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
PS none of the above is an excuse for poor workmanship. But, we the customer have pounded on the RV industry to give us the 'best price' for a product. We reward the lower priced, cheaply made products by shopping for it. We brag about the great deals we get by negotiating less expensive purchase prices, then complain when the product is made at that price level.
X2
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 02:59 PM   #30

We just got back from our first weekend with our newly purchased 2017 Jayco North Point 383 fsfl. We fully expected to find some issues...after all these are pretty complex vehicles. But the enjoyment we get from RVing far outweighs the challenges. At least I don’t have to mow the lawn and rake the leaves. I can’t think of a trip we have taken where we haven’t had some problems to deal with but we always come home with a smile on our faces and plans for our next trip. Life is lumpy Frank
fopianki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #31

7 hours to build a trailer...what's taking so long!? I think Forest River only takes 6 hours .

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:44 PM   #32

I owned a Forest River Surveyor for 4 years. It was a reasonably good trailer. I do think what I have now is a better trailer, judging by the amount of repair work I did in the same initial 15 months on both. My White Hawk hasn't had half as much done to it in that amount of time. But I still maintain that, regardless of brand, they could be made a lot better if it took just an hour longer to assemble them.