Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #1

Jayco Quality

Took our 317RLOK on its first trip, set-up went well and all was good, until the next morning when I discovered water leaking all over the basement.
The picture says it all......love JAYCO quality!
Attached Thumbnails
20170915_111721.jpg  

Old 10-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #2

To stay competitive in the market they need to build these rigs quick. Yea it's a bummer when we discover these issues, but the truth is even big money rigs have the same thing happen. You pretty much have to go over everything and tidy up the production problems, then after that, give it a lot of attention on an ongoing basis for things that pop up. The good news is your in the right place here to get help with the really tough stuff that comes up. Lots of smart experienced people here. Don't let it get you down. Fix her up, have some fun camping, then wait for the next issue.

t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #3

To be competitive in the market, they could build an actual quality product. And they could do it quickly, and for not much different pricing.

I have had discussions with them about how they could at least do wiring faster, and with better quality for miniscule cost additions, but they aren't interested, and people here will just continue to make excuses for them.
2016 Jayco x23B - 2013 Dodge Durango Citadel - 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE
Retired - 1996 Coleman Cheyenne Pop-Up

johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #4

I haven't jumped back in b/c honestly I have a very real sense of relief and freedom from having to worry about what could be broken or possibly leaking on my RV at any given time.

That's just me though. I ALWAYS wondered on camp setup or camp break-down if I was going to get hung out w/ a bad leveling jack, or if my slide was going to cooperate, or if I was going to find a leak this trip out, etc.

It just wasn't worth it to me. RV'ing is a very personal choice and I know many live w/ the shoddy craftsmanship and build quality and justify all of it for the pleasure the rig brings. And I'll agree, we made a lot of great memories in our campers. But I also know that any one of our vacations could have been hosed badly if we lost a slideout or a jack got hung up or heaven knows what else.

Mind you my personal feelings on this matter were far more pointed when I had a motorhome. If your trailer gives you real problems you could always limp it to the overflow area and head out in your TV. If the motorhome has issues, you REALLY have issues. Plus, for the obscene price, I really didn't want to tolerate my A/C or something taking a dump on me for the couple of weeks I could use it. Florida/Disney w/ no AC is the pitts - that's not vacation to me.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Took our 317RLOK on its first trip, set-up went well and all was good, until the next morning when I discovered water leaking all over the basement.
The picture says it all......love JAYCO quality!
Broke or just not threaded together? Also did your dealer run water and check everything like they're supposed too before you took delivery?.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
To stay competitive in the market they need to build these rigs quick. Yea it's a bummer when we discover these issues, but the truth is even big money rigs have the same thing happen. You pretty much have to go over everything and tidy up the production problems, then after that, give it a lot of attention on an ongoing basis for things that pop up. The good news is your in the right place here to get help with the really tough stuff that comes up. Lots of smart experienced people here. Don't let it get you down. Fix her up, have some fun camping, then wait for the next issue.
We had a rough start with our trailer. Water leak, slide noise and finish work that quality control @ the factory should’ve caught.

The DW was losing her mind over things but I calmed her down and told her we’re fortunate it’s nothing major. Those issues have been addressed and some others came up but nothing that can’t be fixed.

Some of the stuff we’ve taken care of and the rest will be for the dealership to handle. But we’re still camping and enjoying our trailer.

I just wish our dealer wasn’t a volume seller because the wait time is 4+ weeks to get in for our minor warranty work.
NCMFFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:56 PM   #7

Before we bought our 2018 model in August we scoured the net, these issues seem to trouble all manufactureres. The only issue we have had is the couch is a little crooked on one side. Overall we are pleases but may be lucky.
Forsyth1933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:08 PM   #8

Quality and speed are sorta mutually exclusive. They build 32 trailers a day. How careful can they be? See it here and decide.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #9

Unfortunately not much is written by those of us that are very happy with our units. Was mine perfect? No. I found quite a few things to fix and did so. I had to have my CD/DVD player changed out and the tires were no bueno por nada... Since getting all the little stuff and player fixed, we've been quite happy with ours... I'm just back from another 5 day trip and had absolutely no problems. I don't consider that making excuses.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
Quality and speed are sorta mutually exclusive. They build 32 trailers a day. How careful can they be? See it here and decide.
This video has been sped up and has been listed as bogus on JOF numerous times. Many feel it was " manipulated" by one of JAYCO'S competitors.

Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote