Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #21

I know your pain.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #22

Our main issue with our swift 184 has been the hub recall issue. The wrong wheel hubs and bearings were installed at the factory. Jayco is taking care of that problem. Other than that we have had kinked vent lines at the fresh water tank, and a kitchen sink that was installed in the counter top but none of the four mounting brackets under the sink were ever installed. We have spent considerable time at the dealers with our tt, much of it sitting in the service rep area, and one thing dw and I discovered from listening to various reps on the phone is that yes , Jayco has a two year warranty, but that warranty does not apply to everything on the trailer. Read your warranty carefully everyone.........happy camping!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #23

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
One of the problems as I see it with the Jayco "2 Year" warranty is that it seems to be misrepresented in almost all their promotional material. At no time prior to the sale nor in the promotional material is the warranty referred to as a "2 year LIMITED warranty" but rather a 2 year "Bumper to Hitch" warranty. The Bumper to hitch terminology to me means that EVERYTHING is covered by Jayco for 2 years. It is not until AFTER the sale when you get all the documentation that it becomes clear that it is not a "Bumper to Hitch" warranty at all but rather a LIMITED warranty subject to the terms of their choosing. Notice in the linked video near the end when they say that all their units are covered by a "2 Year Bumper-To-Hitch"

warranty.

There are other Jayco produced videos out there where they stress the bumper to hitch warranty. To me it would be reasonable to believe that bumper to hitch means just that, EVERYTHING from the bumper to the hitch is covered by J A Y C O !!!

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #24

Hi all, thanks for all the comments in this post. Just a little update on all the problems we have had with our Jayco. We have had everything fixed to date except the big blind that fell off. Repairs at that time exceeded 7000.00 on our unit by dealership. Wife and I removed blind and found they had two 1/2" screws holding a blind 4 feet long, no wonder it fell off. We drilled three holes, one in center and remounted it with machine screws, sucker will not fall off now. Dealer has new blind waiting for us when we return home. Dealer extended warranty on our unit another 3 months to make up for time they had it for repairs so after Dec 24 we are on our own. But we left home end of September and have traveled 4000 miles into warmer weather and have had no problems with unit, knock on wood. We are now set up in Gold canyon Az for winter, hopefully slides go back in when we get ready to leave at end of March. While we have been in states we have visited numerous rv dealerships and when a person looks real close at the construction he can find lots of quality issues. So for any of you out there buying a new unit take some time and a flashlight and check the unit over real good. Better to find faults before you take it home, granted to will not find any issues with working gear but you will get an idea of quality of workmanship on unit.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdl53 View Post
. So for any of you out there buying a new unit take some time and a flashlight and check the unit over real good. Better to find faults before you take it home, granted to will not find any issues with working gear but you will get an idea of quality of workmanship on unit.
Good advice for anyone buying any brand rv. Glad things wound up working out for you. Thanks for the update!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #26

I previously owned 3 Jayco TT & now have a 30.5 RLS & have had many warranty issues which my dealer has taken care. Some of the issues I took care of myself rather then pulling it to the dealer. Jayco has for the most part fell down on its quality.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #27

Our Pinnacle has been virtually trouble free. The one issue we had last March was handled quickly and without question under warranty from all parties involved.

Quality is quite evident throughout the rig. In my opinion of course.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Old 12-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #28

I have owned a Jayco for 22 years. Yes!!! had a Jayco 32ft 5th wheel,didn;t have slides back then.I keeped that trailer up till last year. the only thing that had to be replaced was the frig.May i add that we traveled manny miles without any major problems. This thing was built like a tank.Sure had to do regular things Like Tires ,Brgs,propane tank replacement, sold it last year and purchased a new 36ft Pinnacle so far so good. hard to get used to 4 slides Wow Not built as tuff as the old one but impressed with quality.Click image for larger version

Name:	Pictures sept 409.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	5894
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #29

...that old trailer still looks good... obviously well looked after.
Closed Thread