Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-15-2022, 07:17 PM   #21

We got a Sealy Cocoon from Costco. Hard as a rock and makes me hurt. Hopefully it's going back and I'll be in the market again. We got a Casper Hybrid original for the house back in November and it is wonderful. I hate to spend that much for a mattress for the rv but may be the key to a successful marriage.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:58 PM   #22

We too, were disappointed in the mattress that was less comfy than sleeping on 2B gravel, so we also tried 3" memory foam. First on top of, then underneath the pretend pos jayco sold us in our new '19, 24RBS. Neither helped. Then, DW found a Serta Boulevard II queen EuroTop mattress at, of all places, BigLots! It sleeps like a dream. We were both pleasantly surprised with it. It was $250, & she had a coupon that got it out the door for $211. The following friday, waste management took the old one in the big green compactor & we've been sleeping like fat babies ever since.
57gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:17 AM   #23

Serenia 8" foam...going on 10th year and still great. Same as the one at house, so no getting used to a change.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:49 AM   #24

Smile Best RV Mattress Ever!

Go to the link below. I sleep at home on an Sleep Number and love it. We replaced the original queen radius mattress in our 2016 Greyhawk with the new one below. I can say I truly look forward to coming "home" to my RV for a good nights sleep on the one! It's not cheap but, but quality is what you pay for. Good luck

https://www.mattressinsider.com/inne...-radii-at-foot
jmbeidlerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:07 AM   #25
Site Team

Seems like many are liking the Mattress Insider products?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 03:08 PM   #26

We went with IKEA

We just went with an IKEA mattress - works fine, and inexpensive enough that we can replace it again in a few years.

Russ
Jayco Seismic
Ford F350 DRW
perpetualv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:39 PM   #27
eow

We too went with an IKEA mattress. Good value for the 30+ nights a season we use it.
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
eow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
Replacement for Jayco Queen Bed Mattress. Any suggestions. All ready tried memory foam on top of existing Mattress (if you call it that) Looking at mattress that comes in a box. Any suggestion would really help narrow the search list.

I have a 2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5

Thanks
Try Endy.ca Made in Canada for RV's. We are replacing our crappy factory one year old mattress this spring. Reason we are waiting until spring s that the company provides a 100 day free no questions asked return/refund policy so want to take advantage of ensuring we have given it time to prove worthy of the purchase. Good luck with your search.
Richard
CBCOCRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 06:33 PM   #29

I hope I can find something at Costco. You can't beat their return policy. I stopped by today and asked about returning the mattress I ordered from them a year and a half ago as I had read there really wasn't a time limit. The lady at the return desk said as long as it doesn't have any stains return it for a full refund. Now to research for something softer than the Sealy Cocoon brick.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:50 PM   #30
CAG

These and other threads on "what should I buy" are where you sit is where you stand or in this case lay questions. Your taste might not be mine and me suggesting a product to you for purchase might be a big mistake on your part if you spend hundreds on something you don't like and can't return.

I know it is good because it can help with the shopping list but that is really all it is and I can think of more than one "mistake" I made over the years because I listened to, and bought something that someone else suggested.

So the bottom line with all of these is take the information with a grain of salt, and do your own research. Leave room for error, in other words be able to return it if it goes wrong.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:26 PM   #31

Amen to the above. My perfect mattress is your perfect nightmare. One size does not fit all.

Being back in the market I am narrowing down my choices. Right now my choice is the Casper hybrid queen from Costco. My only issue is it's weight. It weighs 104 pounds compared to 64 for the one we returned. I'm not too concerned about adding 40 pounds to the weight of the Pinnacle but I am concerned about being able to lift the bed to get to the storage. I know I would need heavier struts but I'm wondering at what point does the weight make it a pain to lift.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #32

You might consider a 12 volt bed lifter like this one.
Homend DC12V 12inch Stroke Linear Actuator with Mounting Bracket 900N(225lbs$49 on Amazon

I plan to install one with some extra support to the center of my bed to take out the strain of lifting it as my bed lifts are just to small and bigger ones would stress my bed edge.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:36 AM   #33

Returned my year and a half old mattress to Costco yesterday and got a full refund. The only requirement is there cannot be any stains on the returned mattress. I wound up deciding to go with their Casper Select which they had in stock. Our current and previous mattresses have been Casper and they have been good for us. The lady said bring it back if you don't like it but I'm hoping I don't have to do that. We were a bit disappointed when we found our Pinnacle and it didn't have the king size bed option but the queen is so much easier to get out the door.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:30 PM   #34

Excellent advise. This is like a motorcycle seat. What works for one won’t for most others.
Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:50 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Returned my year and a half old mattress to Costco yesterday and got a full refund. The only requirement is there cannot be any stains on the returned mattress. I wound up deciding to go with their Casper Select which they had in stock. Our current and previous mattresses have been Casper and they have been good for us. The lady said bring it back if you don't like it but I'm hoping I don't have to do that. We were a bit disappointed when we found our Pinnacle and it didn't have the king size bed option but the queen is so much easier to get out the door.
Lol, I am still on the fence with our "king size" mattress. I feel we need it, or should I say, our 2 toy poodles do!! The bed is a challenge to make, and more so since the wife decided she wanted a topper. She was having issues with her back; mattress was and is fine by me, but who am I to argue. Now, as you mentioned, getting to the Vacuum is a heavy lift.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:18 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Lol, I am still on the fence with our "king size" mattress. I feel we need it, or should I say, our 2 toy poodles do!! The bed is a challenge to make, and more so since the wife decided she wanted a topper. She was having issues with her back; mattress was and is fine by me, but who am I to argue. Now, as you mentioned, getting to the Vacuum is a heavy lift.
We've had a king most of married life so going to the queen was a bit of an adjustment but we do fine with it. We lost our last Boston terrier a couple of years ago and we just haven't had the heart to get another one. Really painful to lose your little buddies. If and when we get another one we may have to train it to sleep in its own bed. Yeah, right.

Our first replacement mattress was 64 pounds and the new one is 72. The struts would hold up the original mattress that came with the Pinnacle but not the 64 pounder so I knew going heavier would have the same results. The original struts are rated at 100 pounds. Not knowing exactly what I needed I ordered a couple of 150 rated ones off Amazon. Good guess on my part as they hold up the new bed very well. I was afraid they would be too much but they make pretty light work of raising and lowering the bed.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #37

Quote:
We've had a king most of married life so going to the queen was a bit of an adjustment but we do fine with it. We lost our last Boston terrier a couple of years ago and we just haven't had the heart to get another one. Really painful to lose your little buddies. If and when we get another one we may have to train it to sleep in its own bed. Yeah, right.

Our first replacement mattress was 64 pounds and the new one is 72. The struts would hold up the original mattress that came with the Pinnacle but not the 64 pounder so I knew going heavier would have the same results. The original struts are rated at 100 pounds. Not knowing exactly what I needed I ordered a couple of 150 rated ones off Amazon. Good guess on my part as they hold up the new bed very well. I was afraid they would be too much but they make pretty light work of raising and lowering the bed.
Do you have the link to them? That sounds like a great idea
Rene
Old 01-24-2022, 08:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Do you have the link to them? That sounds like a great idea
Rene
I'm not sure how to do links, sorry, but on Amazon they are listed as Arona 20 inch 150 lbs gas spring shock struts C16-17566. The will work with the existing mounting brackets. I did use bolts instead of the screws Jayco used to mount the upper bracket to the plywood base frame. I had to play with the upper bracket mounting position as the new shock did not exactly line up with the old one's position. I used the screws to hold it in place temporarily until I got it to close properly.
Old 01-24-2022, 12:24 PM   #39

Quote:
I'm not sure how to do links, sorry, but on Amazon they are listed as Arona 20 inch 150 lbs gas spring shock struts C16-17566. The will work with the existing mounting brackets. I did use bolts instead of the screws Jayco used to mount the upper bracket to the plywood base frame. I had to play with the upper bracket mounting position as the new shock did not exactly line up with the old one's position. I used the screws to hold it in place temporarily until I got it to close properly.
Thanks, I will go look them up
Old 01-24-2022, 12:40 PM   #40

Quote:
I am guessing these are the ones?
20 inch 150 Lbs (667 N) Gas Spring Shock Struts C16-17566 for Heavy-duty Floor Hatch Truck Tonneau Cover Camper RV Bed Large Outdoor Box Lid Trap Door (Suitable weight: 125-165 Pounds)