Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #21

Even after the warranty period, the drawings the Jayco will provide are somewhat generic and not unit specific. I requested and received the Electrical, Plumbing and Floorplan drawings for my 2016 Pinnacle. What I received is very general single line drawings.
bgelyhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #22

I have a 2020 31Z and asked for wiring diagrams shortly after I purchased it. They sent sent me full electrical wiring diagrams almost immediately.
ArmyW4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:11 PM   #23

Sounds like you may have asked for too many drawings in one email. Try doing it over several. And yes, if they think modification, they will shut you down quick. While in warranty, if something goes wrong, they do not want to try to figure out what you tinkered with.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #24

And way too many people do not read the copyright notice on the drawings and post them on the forums. No respect for Jayco’s proprietary information or have not learned how to read.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBU View Post
I purchased a new 2018 Jayco Pinnacle in December of 20120. After several camping trips the unit is a good unit but has teething problems. When I sent the following request for documentation I got the following reply.

My request
2018 Jayco Pinnacle purchased new from XTZ RV in December of 2020. Would you please send me the schematics for: Electrical 12VDC and 120VAC, control wiring; Water Fresh and Sanitation including the icemaker and location of associated valves; HVAC including ducting.
Any data or drawings that you send would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Jayco's reply
Hello,
Due to your unit being in warranty still, I cant send you 120v/12v prints. Just so you are aware any aftermarket part and or modifications to the unit can void parts of the warranty.

I believe information such as circuit breaker assignments and the other documentation I requested to be required for safe operation and normal maintenance. My conversation with Jayco dealers and information on forums makes it clear that Jayco distributors are under no obligation to service a unit that was not purchased from them. That would mean that a person could be entirely on their own to maintain a complex unit with no documentation. In Jayco's response there is no mention of the other data I requested only a stern caution that I may be voiding a warranty if I install an unauthorized item. That was never an issue in my request. I want to know how my unit is configured so I can be responsible in all aspects of safety, use and maintenance. To not know a breaker and circuit assignments is a safety issue if I ever need to power down circuits in an emergency. Not to mention having a system level comprehension of the unit being a reasonable expectation. Is this the level of customer support that I can expect from Jayco? Your opinions please?
Times must have changed. My 2019 jayco 29 xk, I called Jayco and they gave me all the schematics for my motorhome, I only kept it for a short time. After I sold it I threw them away. I guess it depends on who a person talks to at the time
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 07:52 PM   #26

If asking for drawings, do not mention a problem, then ask for a wiring diagram. They know that you are messing with stuff that dealer service should handle.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:05 AM   #27
Icy

Jayco probably can’t remember how they wired it��Rv standards are kinda low.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:54 PM   #28

Jayco customer service

I asked for drawings and schematics yesterday and to my surprise they arrived today. We have a 2017 White Hawk.
Will P is offline   Reply With Quote