Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2020, 06:04 AM   #1

Jayco Warranty authorization

Just before Christmas we purchased a new Jayco Eagle fifth wheel from a local dealer. The purchase was a difficult issue but we got through and gave them the money. Now we had to wait while the unit was "serviced." a few days after the new year the dealer was ready to have us come take a walk through and bring it home. Walk through went ok just a few very minor things. I did not exercise the slides! The service tech helped get it hooked up and I was off. When I got home my wife asked me to open the slides and when I tried to close the large kitchen it got stuck and we had to push as it retracted to get it in. I called the service and told them and they said it just needed to be synchronized since it was a Schwintec slide. So they sent me the manual. The slide was not able to synchronize so I called and said I wanted to bring it back and have them do what ever was needed. I kick myself for not exercising the slides before accepting but thats past. I called on Jan 6th and was told they had found the problem and they were waiting on Jayco to get approval to repair. Called again Jan 10th and heard that Jayco still has not responded because "Jayco computer system is down."
This is our first Jayco and really liked the unit but are beginning to think we made a big mistake. Is this the normal mode of operation with Jayco or is my dealer making up excuses? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Dan
Jayco321RSTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:56 AM   #2

JAYCO did install a new system for parts, but their regular contact system is working and they do have a phone number for the dealer to use. You can also call customer service and see if the dealer has even sent in a request yet.

As you said, "too late", but yes the dealer should have run the slides in and out while you were there, that is part of the PDI, or it always has been for me.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #3

Sounds like dealer isn’t really trying. For what it’s worth, think you have purchased the best value in the Jayco line. We love ours. Have looked at North Points and Pinnacles but unless you go much bigger you won’t find as much storage and overall livability as in the 321. Get by this problem and enjoy your rig!
Bill
1973 IH 1210 CC
1975 IH Travelall
1979 IH Scout II
[SIGPIC]
bstannard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:29 AM   #4

I would start a log book on the 4Ws, for both dealership and Jayco. Who is assigned from Jayco to this warranty claim. What is the warranty claim number. Where are the parts (if req.). When is the completion date scheduled. Ask them when you should call back on progress...

Not an easy path. Good luck.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #5

You really need to get it back to the dealer and have them ensure all systems are functioning correctly. They’re Jayco’s customer and have a bit more pull than you should the rig need special attention.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #6

You say the purchase was a difficult process. Was that due to the dealer?

Call Jayco. If the dealer is the problem they will help find a solution.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #7

The process of purchasing was painful because I offered them a price, they countered and I accepted, then when we sat down to sign final papers the final number increased by $1K I disagreed and so we had the sales person, business mgr and owner at the table. Owner was very condescending and told me if I didn't like it I could walk. I came close but the price still was good and we had not found any other unit we liked as much so I accepted. So we didn't get started off on a good foot. Unlike dealership we were used to working with on our last coach.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:03 PM   #8

Thanks Grumpy, Is the number for service posted on a WEB site? I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks, Dan
Old 01-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #9
Site Team

The customer service number, and fax number are on their website, but here it is for you.

1-800-283-8267

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
The customer service number, and fax number are on their website, but here it is for you.

1-800-283-8267
Thanks, Dan
Old 10-16-2021, 07:05 AM   #11

Well this is an old tread but some updates and questions.
We love the Jayco 321RSTS and have enjoyed several trips and winter months in the south. The Biggest issue or concern is with the slide the dealer worked on initially. Its a large kitchen slide with the schwintec in wall motors. Many times I have to help it back in but have been able to successfully keep using it. Today I pulled one of the motors out and found it was the smaller 300:1 instead of what I expected the 500:1

My question is: Has this been an issue with other folks, wonder if this was a mistake by Jaco of them just trying to save a few $

Second issue that has just started on our last trip was a rear jack failing and causing the auto level system to go into a fault. I have removed the jack disassembled and it works flawless on my bench. Any suggestions?

Thanks Dan
Old 10-16-2021, 08:06 AM   #12

They probably just grabbed what they could get their hands on, installed it to get you out of their hair. These motors are available on Ebay for half what you would pay at the dealer. I have long time learned that dealers and Jayco are pretty much worthless for warranty service. Especially during this pandemic period where they can't get parts.. I'm hearing on other forums that a lot of class action law suits are taking place in the industry over warranty work. Folks are demanding warranty extensions because parts delays are incapacitating the use of their RV, all the while their warranty ticks away to nothing. If your RV is setting on a lot for 3-6 months because they can't get parts, then they need to extend your warranty for that period... I see these class action suits being successful.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 03:53 PM   #13

We just went on our third trip with our '21 Pinnacle 36FBTS. Once at the campground one of the awnings would not extend or make any noise while the other worked fine. Dealer had me check fuses, open up the belly of the beast and check more fuses on the BMPRO board, no joy. I already knew that as far as Jayco went, I would need to be at a dealer to get it fixed. My dealer is 450+ miles away at this point. We purchased a fancy warranty and called them and they said yes they would pay. We found a local company on the KOA brochure, they were there in 15minutes. I thought it was a power issue to the motor, and it was. It had come unplugged because, according to the two tech repair gentlemen, it was Jayco shoddy workmanship. The power cord was too tight, not enough slack, and they proceeded to show me how it should have been done to begin with but it would have taken a bit longer to do so they went the cheap route. They fiddled with it and got us enough slack that it should not be a problem. We had to pay them, said the warranty company had stiffed them before. They called and actually had the claim approved until he told them the problem was Jayco's shoddy workmanship and not anything broken, so they reneged, and we were out of $280.
Old 10-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #14

I had an issue with the slide seal. One of them looked like it was ripped out at the corner. I called Jayco spoke with monica said she was a technician but her emails said she was a customer service rep. After 20 emails, phone conversations, and 10 pictures sent. They said it was just cosmetic. My issue was it was and open tube water could get in there and who knows what could happen down the road. I called and asked to talk with the president of the company and then things happened. After it was fixed I could believe the hassle they gave me for a 40.00 part. I say call the president of the company you can google his name and ask for him personally.
Meister2 is offline   Reply With Quote