Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #1

JAYCO Warranty Claim - Denied!!!!!

Anyone have a delamination issue with Jayco and get denied on the warranty claim? My dealership notified me Friday that Jayco denied the claim on my back wall on my 2016 Eagle HT 29.5 (Pictures Attached). Said i waited too long to make a claim or something like that. I called the dealer the day after finding it. It looks like its not even water damage but poor bonding. Defects are no where near the roof. Whole rear wall needs replaced. The one thing i noticed was the top aluminum strip along the back wall was twisted from thermal expansion. I did reseat the screws and reseal this prior to bringing back to dealership - they said it was ok to do so. Dealership said Jayco mounted metal strip it too low and screws weren't even into the rear header - only fiberglass. I need to call Jayco tomorrow to fight about the claim. Its a shame they don't honor their 2 year warranty. And yes, i check my 5th wheel at every use and always carry DICOR and Eternabond too.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2283.jpg   IMG_2281.jpg   IMG_2250.jpg  
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:43 PM   #2

WOW, hopefully a call to Jayco can help get things straight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #3

99% of the time it all depends on what the dealer told JAYCO. If they documented the fact that you just resealed it that could very well be your problem. Checking and resealing needs to be done twice a year per the owner's manual.

Also water damage doesn't always manifest itself at the roof line.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #4

Agreed about the dealer not getting the claim right. Same happened to me with a misaligned slide. CW supposedly filed it twice to have it rejected both times. I called Jayco directly and they had no history of a claim being filed. They asked for pictures and once they saw them they said the claim was approved and CW just needed to resubmit it.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2017 Jayco Eagle 325bhqs
sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #5

Dealers sometimes, uh, "misrepresent" the facts to the manufacturer. Talk directly to Jayco....
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:53 PM   #6

Yes, call Jayco and you'll get the run around. Ordered a new 2018 fw Eagle, arrived with damage, interior and exterior, Jayco declined ALL requests from CW to fix. I even called Jayco and was told, claim denied because its NORMAL delivery damage. How can broken parts be normal.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1 View Post
Yes, call Jayco and you'll get the run around. Ordered a new 2018 fw Eagle, arrived with damage, interior and exterior, Jayco declined ALL requests from CW to fix. I even called Jayco and was told, claim denied because its NORMAL delivery damage. How can broken parts be normal.

Has anyone, or is anyone interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Jayco.
Please reply if interested. After reading several of these posts there has to be many who've been wronged by Jayco.
I think you're wasting your time. There is a $375-$500 "dealer prep charge" on the invoice to cover some of that. Obviously CW wanted to be paid twice at your expense.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #8

Delamination

Had same problem on my 16 Eagle RST the panel that covers the underside and around the king pin had ripples.The factory forgot to install screws around the frame of the door to the storage bin where the batteries are.Shook everything lose!Jayco denied resubmitted with my pictures! 2 year warranty you can bet it took every month of that to get my warranty completed! Hang in there its a wear down process!
Attached Thumbnails
Delamination King Pin.jpg   No Bolts Cargo Door.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #9

The front wall on my Jayflight 27RLS started to delaminate. Jayco approved it, no problem, with an private repair shop, no less.
Here is what mine looked like.
Front_Cap.jpg photo - Daniel photos at pbase.com

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #10

Did you notice the problem some time ago, and neglect to do anything at that time?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:12 PM   #11
Site Team

MOD Reminder: Jayco bashing is not allowed nor discussion of legal actions on JOF.

Either has always caused threads to be closed quickly.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM   #12

Really? I called the dealership the next day (Monday) after i found it. I wash my trailer after every use and look at the joints all the time. I carry DICOR, Eternabond and a caulk gun in my trailer at all times along with a ladder! This isn't my first trailer either. The metal strip wasn't attached to the rear header / screws were shot sideways into the fiberglass. Dealership said it was built wrong to begin with. I didnt see any leak paths but i reattached the screws straight and recaulked it before bringing it back to dealer. I called the dealer before touching it too and took pictures.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #13

Not to mention there is a 2016 Jayco 29.5BHS just like mine in my storage lot starting to do the same thing and i left a message on their door. Fellow Jayco Eagle HT owners, do your self a favor and look at the strip of aluminum along the top of your back wall...
Old 09-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
Did you notice the problem some time ago, and neglect to do anything at that time?
I noticed it first in Sept of 2015. I think I sent in the pictures to jayco in late Oct/early Nov of 2015.
I sent them the name of the independent repair shop. Jayco asked them for a qoute, approved it, and shipped a new front panel, trim strips, etc to them.
Once they got the panel off, they did not find any water damage, it was just a bonding issue.
Also, my repair was before the buyout by Thor.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:38 PM   #15

Thanks - Not sure who Dustdevil was referring to. I have had good service so far with Jayco on other warranty items so hopefully they will come through here as well. I was told today by the Jayco rep that she would consult a few more technicians and post something on their dealership portal. Just frustrating... Dealer says it looks like a faulty bond and not a water leak...
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tledwards25 View Post
Thanks - Not sure who Dustdevil was referring to. ..
Seems we have a number of different discussions here. Maybe if we are commenting on another post, use the Quote option so no one will wonder who the comment is for.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:02 PM   #17

Tomorrow, we take our White Hawk to the selling dealer to fix the floor that has soft spots from seams that are not even. The rig went out of warranty last March but Jayco is still going to fix it. This may be due that we had the trailer in for the same problem when it was under warranty.

I think this may be a major undertaking by the dealer as SWMBO and I had to go look at a few new Jaycos and pick out a floor covering we could live with as the flooring will be new when we get it back.

Fingers crossed!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:25 AM   #18

On my camper I guess when the last two screws sheared off. The weight in the compartment maybe started moving the panels. I personally would have used a stainless carriage bolts!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tledwards25 View Post
Thanks - Not sure who Dustdevil was referring to. I have had good service so far with Jayco on other warranty items so hopefully they will come through here as well. I was told today by the Jayco rep that she would consult a few more technicians and post something on their dealership portal. Just frustrating... Dealer says it looks like a faulty bond and not a water leak...
Yes, I was referring to OP. The reason I ask is that is a common reason for warranty disqualification. If the dealer sensed that the problem was ongoing, and that there was neglect involved, they might pass that along to Jayco. It also could be that Jayco pays them too little for such an extensive repair to make it worth their while, and they are simply lying to you, or possibly even misrepresented the facts to Jayco to induce them denying the warranty claim. This would save the dealer a long headache and a shop tied up on an extensive repair for little compensation. Relatively certain Jayco doesn't simply write the dealer a blank check for such repairs.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
Relatively certain Jayco doesn't simply write the dealer a blank check for such repairs.
You're right, just like any warranty repair the manufacturer ( cars, appliances, tv's etc) have a set amount they pay for a repair.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote