Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2021, 01:54 AM   #1
CwD

JAYCOMMAND 88 Error

I was installing snap pads on our 2020 NP 310RLTS and encountered this error which shuts down the controller. The levelling system is hydraulic. I got 4 installed and 2 to go.
Has any encountered the 88 error? The BMPRO manual suggests contacting your RV dealership for assistance.
So far I've turned the battery disconnect to off and un plugged the shore power. Waited 1/2 hour and turned back on and still have the error.

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:32 PM   #2

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have an answer for you, but I have the same model and was able to install snap pads without an issue.
Trublu1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:38 PM   #3
CwD

So I got it cleared and all works again. No clear answer but here are steps I took for the next person that encounters this error code.

disconnected the battery and shore power and waited an hour to reset, did not fix it.
Reset the controller with a paperclip. did not see a change in the controller and did not fix it. Not sure of the procedure for this; time to hold, bring the power up with the pin set, etc.
These 3 steps were next and done at the same time so could not tell which one worked. Pulled the fuse at the node and checked it, good. Pulled the fuse at the hydraulic pump, good. Pulled the controller wire from the node to the leveler panel in the basement. All items from different posts on this site.
Powered up shore power and all is well.
Oh well, happy for that but sure would like to know. I am going to send a email to Equalizer Systems and see if they will share what resets it.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:07 PM   #4

For future, turning off the disconnect does not disconnect power to the BMPro, you can trip the breaker in the battery compartment, that will disconnect the BMPro and all 12v power.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:37 AM   #5
CwD

Solved!

Yesterday I got got the error again while adjusting the landing gear. So I cleared it and it came back after adjusting the jacks again. Very frustrating. So I started looking at the hydraulic pump closer, checking voltage, fuse, etc. Discovered when checking voltage across the positive and ground at the pump, voltage was 2 volts. Checked voltage at positive pump and ground at battery and voltage was correct, 12.75 - same at battery. Cleaned the ground at the pump wire to frame, same issue as before.
So I traced the ground wire from the battery to the frame and found the self tapping screw was loose that holds the ground wires to the frame. Tightened up and problem solved. The jacks worked like last year. the controller reset and error is gone. I suspect the loose ground cause a large draw to the circuit back to the node causing it to go in protection shut down mode.
This should be a buss bar with with bolts holding to the frame IMHO. I will be updating to this this, because I will bet it will work loose again.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #6

This is great information, thank you for sharing it.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote