Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-17-2021, 07:30 PM   #1

JAYCOMMAND BMPRO pair issues

Initially when i first open BMPRO app and pair Samsung phone, everything works great, no problems. When i walk away from range of blue tooth and come back into range, all functions are locked, even though app says i am paired. I have to shut phone off/on and re-pair for it to work as it should. This happens every time and on other phones, (wife's phone). Any ideas??.
2021 Jayco 30.5 CKTS

Thanks,
Rick
pwadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #2

Happy camper

I contacted JAYCOMMAND powered by BMPRO. they suggested I unpair before leaving area of camper, then re-pair upon arrival. This did the trick, all function work.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #3

I believe you still need to be "within range" for your phone to connect. You shouldn't have to unpair though.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 04:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I believe you still need to be "within range" for your phone to connect. You shouldn't have to unpair though.
If i don't un-pair before leaving the range of blue tooth, when i come back into range, its locked up. The app says i am disconnected, go to settings. Settings says i am paired. Only recource, is to turn off/on, re- pair.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210215-171723_JAYCOMMAND.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	68163

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210215-171733_JAYCOMMAND.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	68164

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210215-171749_JAYCOMMAND.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	68165

I should add, these screen shots are after leaving range and comming back into.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:00 AM   #5

I have the same issue with my Samsung phone. I found that rather than unpair/pair, I can go to "Settings", "Apps", "JAYCOMMAND", "Force stop". Reopen JAYCOMMAND and all is well, still paired and app is unlocked, fully functional again.
gcude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:50 PM   #6

gcude, are you saying that after you leave range of signal and re-enter area, it automatically pairs up?

I tried the force stop and the clear cache today and got the same results as when I didn't unpair first. ( locks up/ reboot phone). I did the force stop first, then the force stop/clear cache second.
As long as I unpair first before leaving area, and pair when I re-enter area all functions well, just a slight pain having to do so.

Rick
Old 02-21-2021, 04:16 PM   #7

When I first got our 2020 Talon I could not pair until I turned my phones location (gps) on. Ever since it always pairs automatically even when being away from it for weeks..
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadventurer View Post
gcude, are you saying that after you leave range of signal and re-enter area, it automatically pairs up?

I tried the force stop and the clear cache today and got the same results as when I didn't unpair first. ( locks up/ reboot phone). I did the force stop first, then the force stop/clear cache second.
As long as I unpair first before leaving area, and pair when I re-enter area all functions well, just a slight pain having to do so.

Rick
I have done more tinkering around to find a better solution than the Force Stop and now find that when I reenter the 5th and my phone shows not to be connected (greyed out BMPRO), I can click between the 3-bar menu at upper left of the phone app and click any of the icons there (temp, tanks, etc) and go back to the menu a couple times, the phone reconnects and the app is no longer greyed out. Seems like the app is asleep or maybe it's the control that is asleep and needs waking up.
gcude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:11 AM   #9

I think you are correct, controller is asleep and usually takes 20 seconds or so to re connect. Normal for the Jaycommand system. Do a search if interested there are several threads about this.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:50 AM   #10

Thanks for the feed back. I tried all of the above and same results.

Just curious, do you guys have the wifi running in your rigs. I have the GW100, but not subscribed yet.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:20 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbunke View Post
I think you are correct, controller is asleep and usually takes 20 seconds or so to re connect. Normal for the Jaycommand system. Do a search if interested there are several threads about this.
Not the controller going to sleep. If you kill the app on the phone and then restart it, the app will reconnect at its normal (albeit a little slow) pace. This is simply a case of poor app development. The app needs to check connection state more often and then reconnect when it senses a dropped connection. They probably limit the reconnect rate so they don't hammer the battery on your phone. What they need to do is check/reconnect when the app is either in the foreground or has any activity (button presses, etc.)

My background: I have developed a few apps that connect to devices via WiFi and BT.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #12

Tip: On Android, there is a button that will allow you to scroll through your open apps. While doing that, you can "fling" the app up or to the side to kill it. If you do this to the BMPro app, it will kill it so that the next time you open it, it will reconnect as it does when you reboot your phone, etc.

Demo:
https://youtu.be/kwxV48R0ad0?t=82
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:22 PM   #13

Thank you so much, swiping/flinging the app up worked well, so much better than turning phone off.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:10 PM   #14

Following
XMEDIC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #15

I can't even figure out how to connect my one control via bluetooth
Mchartier3718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
Not the controller going to sleep. If you kill the app on the phone and then restart it, the app will reconnect at its normal (albeit a little slow) pace. This is simply a case of poor app development. The app needs to check connection state more often and then reconnect when it senses a dropped connection. They probably limit the reconnect rate so they don't hammer the battery on your phone. What they need to do is check/reconnect when the app is either in the foreground or has any activity (button presses, etc.)

My background: I have developed a few apps that connect to devices via WiFi and BT.
Yes x2. If you have the app open and the phone locks from inactivity. I simply jump back on and close the app and re-open to function properly. If the phone locks, I can't use the app again until I close it and re-open. I have just gotten use to that procedure. Other than that, great App.
Old 03-10-2021, 02:46 PM   #17

I had the same problem. I spoke with a tech at BMPRO and said that it is a problem with some bluetooth devices. He suggested that I used the app with data. I unpaired bluetooth and use app now.
BillyBurgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #18

Jaycommand

Also only one device can connect to the unit. If my husband;s phone is connected I can't.
lizst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwadventurer View Post
I contacted JAYCOMMAND powered by BMPRO. they suggested I unpair before leaving area of camper, then re-pair upon arrival. This did the trick, all function work.
Do you mind sharing the phone number or email for JAYCOMMAND - BMPRO.
gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:50 AM   #20

My LCI one control doesn't egive me an option for bluetooth. I have to use the wifi option
Mchartier3718 is offline   Reply With Quote