Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #1

JayCommand/BMPRO thermostat questions

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful answers to my previous questions - here's another!

I have a new 2021 North Point 377RLBH. I live in the west and it gets cold - in Breckenridge, CO it's been in the 20's down to the teens regularly. I had experienced some problems with ignition lockout faults early on, which I initially attributed to low LP pressure due to the temperatures. I have since acquired a Powerblanket propane tank heater which has addressed much of this issue.

However, I continue to experience ignition lockout faults once or twice a day - and of course, in the middle of the night. My suspicion is that after not running for some period, it takes a few extra seconds of runtime for the pressure to become sufficient for the furnace. (Though I'm no expert.)

This model has only the BMPRO thermostat control - nothing traditional. The software thermostat appears to think the furnace is running (since it is providing voltage to the furnace) but it's locked out - meaning the only way to get the furnace to "try again" is to cycle the thermostat module off, then on. Invariably it fires up on the first try. But if you aren't awake or aware to cycle it, the unit continues to get colder and the BMPRO software doesn't restart the furnace.

Additional question - the BMPRO system seems to always want to run the heat pump on the primary AC unit, however everything I have read indicates that its efficiency is minimal under 40 degrees ambient. I have disabled the A/C by turning it off at the breaker panel - is this the only option to do this?

Has anyone worked around this issue or have any thoughts as to how to encourage these components to reset on their own?
bradjones1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #2

Can’t help you with the first question, but for the second. It’s not kicking on the heat pump, unless you are telling it to run both. It turns the main A/C fan on low to help circulate the warm air in the camper. For now, the only way to disable that is flip the breaker. I have heard that a soon update will give the option whether or not to enable the fan when using the heat.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:48 PM   #3

Propane stays a gas until it gets to something like -44F. I'm not hearing you complain about that kind of cold, and frankly, if it got that cold I don't think my furnace would keep up with it. As far as I know, there is no need for you to heat your propane tanks anywhere in the lower 48.
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 08:51 PM   #4

My lived experience is a bit different in so far as the vapor pressure at 90F (which is what it heats the tank to) has been significantly less an issue than with ambient temperatures around 0. By a quick read of the vapor pressure chart linked below it looks like this is a difference from 40psig and roughly 110, which is as I understand it the ideal tank pressure for the regulator to reduce. I'm no expert but just reporting what works for me.

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/p...re-d_1020.html
Old 02-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #5

This is correct and just got a reply from BMPRO that this is indeed the software update forthcoming in a 2021 release.