Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2020, 03:13 PM   #1

Cool JAYCOMMAND issues closing slides, awnings

Brand new Rv so this baffles me. Today when closing the slides and retracting the awnings everything happened in slow motion with significant delay in response. Took repeated pressing of the buttons on the control center to get anything to work, it was equivalent to a weak battery or something even though the RV has been hooked up to a 50 amp service for a couple of weeks. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance for any insights.
Lizzie1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:38 AM   #2

JAYCOMMAND issues closing slides, awnings

Are you certain you were getting the shore power. I had a travel trailer that was plugged in and getting ready to leave, I noticed the awning was very slow to retract. Turns out my converter had a bad fuse, and I’d actually not been getting the shore power for a while. Battery drained down.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Are you certain you were getting the shore power. I had a travel trailer that was plugged in and getting ready to leave, I noticed the awning was very slow to retract. Turns out my converter had a bad fuse, and I’d actually not been getting the shore power for a while. Battery drained down.
That’s interesting because I mentioned to my husband it seemed like there wasn’t enough power to run the motors. How would we know if were on shore power versus battery power?

Our RV has two 12v marine batteries for backup. The dealership really didn’t give us a lot of information on the system. And all 4 slides and both awnings came in with slow jerks, took several minutes Almost like it was “buffering “. The control panel was acting weird too.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #4

Around the switches you should be able to see battery level. Near the tank levels. See what that’s showing. If it’s low, you’ve got a converter issue or something else causing power to not be getting to the trailer. Also, are you getting the same response by moving the slides via the hard switches or other means.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #5

Don't forget, most shore power towers have breaker switches that if not flipped on....don't send any electricity your way

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Around the switches you should be able to see battery level. Near the tank levels. See what that’s showing. If it’s low, you’ve got a converter issue or something else causing power to not be getting to the trailer. Also, are you getting the same response by moving the slides via the hard switches or other means.
I haven’t seen any hard switches, only the Extract/retract options on the controller. However there is another small panel in the master Bedroom that is all about the 12v batteries. Need to check that. It’s parked about an hour from us so will need to go back over there.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #7

One way or another it does sound like your running on batteries only and at that low batteries.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
Old 07-05-2020, 05:26 PM   #8

Update

Did some troubleshooting today.
No burnt fuses found.
Battery power at 100%.
Shore power on and working.
Slides and awnings still don’t respond quickly, jerky and stuttering type movements.
The JAYCOMMAND console seems like it doesn’t respond like it should, when I touch options it doesn’t react right away. Maybe the control panel has a problem? Anyone ever do a hard reset of the JAYCOMMAND system? Do you lose all the settings and pairings?
Old 07-05-2020, 06:39 PM   #9

Try using the buttons at the bottom of the console, use the arrows to get to A1 and extend or retract the awning, is it still jerky?
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:44 PM   #10

Smile Problem resolved

I had connected to the RV park wifi to try out the cloud feature on JAYCOMMAND. The wifi signal is weak and sketchy. That was what was causing the slides and awnings to retract so slowly. I disconnected from the park wifi and everything started working! So just an FYI about the new BMPRO JAYCOMMAND APP. Make sure you have strong internet signal. If you don’t it will cause issues. You don’t need to be connected to the internet for the functions to work anyway, the switches are connected via Bluetooth. I am one happy camper.
Old 07-10-2020, 03:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1275 View Post
I had connected to the RV park wifi to try out the cloud feature on JAYCOMMAND. The wifi signal is weak and sketchy. That was what was causing the slides and awnings to retract so slowly. I disconnected from the park wifi and everything started working! So just an FYI about the new BMPRO JAYCOMMAND APP. Make sure you have strong internet signal. If you don’t it will cause issues. You don’t need to be connected to the internet for the functions to work anyway, the switches are connected via Bluetooth. I am one happy camper.
That explains it.
I haven’t used the WIFI for the JAYCOMMAND yet on my rig, only Bluetooth on my iPhone.
Works great

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 07:01 PM   #12

I currently have the same problems. However, when I use the phone apt, everything works perfectly. I'm going to replace the wall tablet and see if corrects the problem. This would be my second tablet on a 2021 36KPTS. Thankgoodness my dealer is working with me.
Elliemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 09:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemay View Post
I currently have the same problems. However, when I use the phone apt, everything works perfectly. I'm going to replace the wall tablet and see if corrects the problem. This would be my second tablet on a 2021 36KPTS. Thankgoodness my dealer is working with me.
Do you have the hard buttons under the tablet and are you trying those?

The hard buttons have nothing to do with the tablet.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 04:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie1275 View Post

Glad you got it sorted out. Were you trying to open/close slides via the cloud? If you are opening/closing them by the camper, you should be on Bluetooth. I never open/close them unless standing by, and typically my wife will open/close them from the tablet as we are setting up/or preparing to leave
Old 02-02-2024, 07:01 AM   #15

I didn't think you could move motors via the cloud (awning, slides, jacks). I know I have tried on our camper and they will only do that via bluetooth or from the panel. Lights, HVAC, temp sensors, propane levels, solar status and I think inverter can all be manipulated via the cloud. I'm not positive, but that's how my camper behaves.
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevr2late View Post
I didn't think you could move motors via the cloud (awning, slides, jacks). I know I have tried on our camper and they will only do that via bluetooth or from the panel. Lights, HVAC, temp sensors, propane levels, solar status and I think inverter can all be manipulated via the cloud. I'm not positive, but that's how my camper behaves.
I don't, I usually use Bluetooth/phone app. Works flawlessly as long as I'm close by. In this particular case, I was in the fifthwheel using tablet and detected these failures. I rebooted and now I have this lock out screen asking for pattern matching with dots. I worked all night can't figure how to get by this lockout screen. Ever seen this screen before.
Elliemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:21 AM   #17

Did you try this?

Do you have the hard buttons below the tablet? If so, use the <> to cycle to "of" or off then press "EXT" wait for ever thing to shutdown...Tablet and any lights that are on...could take a couple of mins.

After everything has been off for a min or two...press 1...wait and the tablet should restart followed by the BmPro app a couple mins later.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote