Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2021, 09:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandKelly View Post
Problem is, I can't get the app to work all the time either... sometimes it pairs easily, other time it just says "connecting" and never changes. If this is a software issue, how will customers get it updated without taking it back to the dealer? I know our local dealer service appointments are a few months out...
If you go out of Bluetooth range you actually need to kill the app and then restart it in order for it to reconnect. Again, terrible programming from BMPro.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
If you have the bpmpro it's an android based app. It's also listed as owner upgradable. You connect to WiFi with the controller mounted on the inside wall and go to the google play store and update the app.
Same process as apps on a phone or tablet.
Bil just updated his a month ago right after taking delivery. It's not hard to do.

RoadrunnerII
I will check into this... thanks
GregandKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:15 AM   #23

Auto leveling on north point 310 rlts

I’m having same problem with auto level. After unhitching then going to auto level, lights go out and nothing. I’ve done manual leveling and use a small level on Floor of compartment. Can someone walk me thru how to set the app up on my phone? My kids aren’t here to help this dinosaur 🦕. Thank you
Lov2run1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2run1 View Post
Can someone walk me thru how to set the app up on my phone?
Lots of guides here:

https://teambmpro.com/products/smart...powered-bmpro/

Basically, download the app and then pair the devices.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 01:42 PM   #25

We have an Eagle 319MLOK on order. Hope they fix this issue but it sounds like they don’t see it as a problem.
H20mike6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #26

When we got our first fifth wheel I had problems with leveling. Lippert told me to only have 5 holes showing on the front landing gear. Don’t just drop them. Some locations we have to put leveling blocks under tires on one side or the jacks extend too far and get error on screen. Have u checked for an error code on JAYCOMMAND
CoraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:19 PM   #27

Did download app but unfortunately can’t get a signal at outside panel. Horrible WiFi here and can’t even do anything off WiFi. Lucky I’m messaging you all! Have to wait for better internet service. Will let you all know how that goes hopefully Monday when we head up to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds at Disney.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:06 PM   #28

Bluetooth compatibility with the EQualizer

I’m at a loss on this. My outside panel doesn’t intricate compatibility. Do instructions say you can do the Bluetooth thru the multiplex system. Don’t know what that is. Anyone give me suggestions for this? Thank you.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandKelly View Post
I will check into this... thanks
Go into settings and delete the app and reinstall, see if it pairs after that. Anytime I have an app that doesn't work I restart the phone if that doesn't work I reinstall the app
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:47 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Go into settings and delete the app and reinstall, see if it pairs after that. Anytime I have an app that doesn't work I restart the phone if that doesn't work I reinstall the app
I will give that a shot next chance I get. Thanks!
GregandKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:07 AM   #31

Auto level issues

Yes, I too had problems with the auto leveling system on my 2021 Eagle HT 24RE. First I couldn't get it to pair up with the unit at the dealership, without pairing to three other units next to me. But, the control pad in the basement worked. (at the dealers). Once I got the unit home, I deleted the other units from my phone, and then paired it with mine. That worked, but when I tried to use the control pad in the basement, same as you, it would start out blinking green when I wake it up, then start blinking red when I hit auto level. I was able to lower the front jacks about 6 inches before I drop them to the ground with the pin pulled, that worked, and I always use my Hush pads underneath. Puzzled, I went through the app, and I'm not even sure how I found it, but it gave me an error that one of the jacks was out of sink, and to retract all to reset it. So I retracted all of them, this can be done without the truck being connected, your rig won't hit the ground. I've done it many times on my 317RLOK before I traded it in for this one. Once that was done, I received a notice that there was an update to the Jaycommand. So I did the update and Voila, now everything works great. Been out four times now and no issues. I can either use the app or the control pad. So I don't really know if this helps, but that has been my experience with this ingenious, but somewhat cumbersome piece of new tech for our RV's. The only thing I worry about with this system is that it runs everything, and if it fails, well that would be the end of the fun we all have come to enjoy when we decided to make the most craziest move of our lives, and buy an RV!!!!!!!!!!!!
qs271a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #32

A friend of mine has a Jayco Redhawk motorhome and had similar problems. He phoned Lippert. The support folks at Lippert spent an hour on the phone with him leading him through reprogramming his system. Works fine now.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:36 PM   #33

Thank you for all this info. Think what’s confusing is that there are a few apps involved and only one I have control is the JAYCOMMAND for operating lights, climate, awnings. Then there’s the EQ smart level app that will not pair, even after deleting and downloading again. RV Genius is another one so this not so tech person would like a manual override of all the tech stuff. My basement panel works levelers without a hiccup so I’m good for now until I learn more about downloading and uploading, etc. be well and have fun
Old 05-27-2021, 03:46 AM   #34

JAYCOMMAND panel

Don’t know what I did but cannot access JAYCOMMAND on main panel to control Lights, etc. I do have the app am able to control by this but any suggestions with panel? Thanks a bunch! Kenny
Old 09-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #35

Had the same experience with our 2021 25.5 reok. Autolevel on the Lippert 5 button control pannel located in the pass-through storage compartment wouldn't work. The arrows up and down did work fine but not autolevel. (Still haven't tried the retract all button). Downloaded the app and got autovelling to work, but that was the only way I could get it to work. After reading these posts I disconnected the battery, turned my Bluetooth off (just in case Jaycommand automatically connected to my phone when I reconnected the battery) and that enabled the pannel's autolevel button to function. Bit frustrating but at least now I know what to do if I misplace my phone while on a trip.
Toad36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 10:32 PM   #36

Hey Guys, I have been fighting this since January. Same issues: Cross county trip, every stop had to Rely on only the Phone App to Auto Level. Also found that if you bump the rear jacks, whatever is locking the Auto level will unlock it. Yesterday I got my answer from BMPro. Here is what they said.

BMPRO Customer Support (BMPRO USA)
Sep 29, 2021, 6:41 GMT+10

Hi,

Whenever the brake on the tow vehicle is applied the leveling system is locked out until it is unlocked by pressing one of the 1,2,3 buttons on the wall controller.
I suspect the leveling lockout is on and when you bump one of the jacks it releases that lock.

If you update your controller on 9/29/21 we are releasing a new update, in this update, we are removing the leveling system lockout per Jayco's specification change.
After you perform this update the Leveling system will no longer be locked out after input is detected on the brake pedal.

The update is out there. I downloaded it yesterday and update my firmware on the controller. I have not tested it yet but plan to do so soon.

My concerns. if this was a safety feature what in the world were they protecting with the lockout.
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:04 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcburt View Post
Hey Guys, I have been fighting this since January. Same issues: Cross county trip, every stop had to Rely on only the Phone App to Auto Level. Also found that if you bump the rear jacks, whatever is locking the Auto level will unlock it. Yesterday I got my answer from BMPro. Here is what they said.

BMPRO Customer Support (BMPRO USA)
Sep 29, 2021, 6:41 GMT+10

Hi,

Whenever the brake on the tow vehicle is applied the leveling system is locked out until it is unlocked by pressing one of the 1,2,3 buttons on the wall controller.
I suspect the leveling lockout is on and when you bump one of the jacks it releases that lock.

If you update your controller on 9/29/21 we are releasing a new update, in this update, we are removing the leveling system lockout per Jayco's specification change.
After you perform this update the Leveling system will no longer be locked out after input is detected on the brake pedal.

The update is out there. I downloaded it yesterday and update my firmware on the controller. I have not tested it yet but plan to do so soon.

My concerns. if this was a safety feature what in the world were they protecting with the lockout.
I updated my controller a few days ago for another issue, wonder if it included this update as well. I will try tp update again today and see if anything new is out there.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:57 PM   #38

Still having issues with my 2021 Eagle 25.5 REOK Lippert panel buttons. Previously my up and down buttons would work, but the autolevel didn't. Would only flash a few times and then turn off. I read this thread, did the unhook your battery trick, and voila, all the Lippert panel buttons worked. I then updated the app software, drove to a camping spot to do some boondocking, only to find that now none of the Lippert panel buttons work. Only way I can get the jacks to work is to use my phone. I didn't try unhooking the battery yet. Was too busy doing camping stuff to fiddle around. I'm hoping there is a step I missed when doing the update. My understanding is that updating the app software on my phone will then automatically update the camper "node" software once my phone connects with the camper via bluetooth. Am I wrong?
Old 11-01-2021, 04:34 AM   #39

Yes, Toad36 You are correct. once you get the update on your phone the node will get updated through Bluetooth. I don't know what you think. But I believe the cost-cutting of not having full control of the camper inside the camper isn't working too well. Jayco is relying too much upon other technology (cell Phone) to properly function with the RV. There are too many variations and levels of updates out there to say for sure your RV that you purchase will work with your 1990 Cell phone. And after purchasing a 60K RV who is going out and purchasing a $1500 up-to-date cell phone. Let me know if you need anything else. I have 5 or 6 other things they had me try. Maybe one will work for you. Another thing I figured out. When you write to Jayco to ask questions about a problem also info all the other system company people as well. And show that in your letter. For example, when I sent my letter to Jayco, I info Lippert, and BMPRO. BMPRO was the company that actually fix the software problem that fixed my problem. But they had to get permission from Jayco due to contract issues. You didn't hear me say this, I looked at a 2022 Couger Yesterday. It doesn't have these issues. All the controls are built into the camper. So if for some reason your phone doesn't match your camper system you're still camping. https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/i...s/confused.png
Mcburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:50 AM   #40

Thank you Mcburt. I communicated with BMPro through their website using their technical support tab, but I am still waiting for an answer one week later. I prepared a letter for Lippert, Jayco, and BMPro, and I would like to follow your advice and send it simultaneously to all 3, but I can't find an email address for BMPro. Could you kindly share the address you used.
Thank you