Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #1

JayCommand/Lippert Quik Level

Hopefully, someone here has a solution, if not, I'll have to figure this out with the dealer...

2021 Eagle HT 30.5ckts

Pics of my 2 controls are attached (plus the app).

Problem: I get to the site, pull the pins on the front jacks all but ~5", then power up the front jacks. Raise up and unhook tow vehicle. Press "autolevel" button on control panel and light starts flashing. 2 seconds later, light stops flashing and goes back to solid. I tried raising and lowering the front of the trailer in case that was the problem. Same result.

Here's the weird thing... I pull it up on my app, (when I can get it to link), and hit the autolevel button on the app and it goes into the leveling sequence.

I have found the same to be true for the "retract all" function.

What do y'all think? It wouldn't even be an issue for me if the app worked all the time, but I can't really count on that until maybe a update comes out...
Attached Thumbnails
maxresdefault-3.jpg   JAYCOMMAND-display-600x600.png  
GregandKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #2

Same here. Seems the BMPro and Lippert parts dont get along very well. I just use the app on the phone for everything. It kinda sucks. It is crazy that without the phone, you have pretty much zero control over the leveling system other than raise/lower the front and auto level.

I would love to have a better interface to the leveling system than the small pad and the phone. This particular version of the leveling system was actually meant to interface to the Lippert OneCommand system. It works really well with that. BMPro has not done a very good job integrating the leveling system into the Jaycommand system.
SickDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDay View Post
Same here. Seems the BMPro and Lippert parts dont get along very well. I just use the app on the phone for everything. It kinda sucks. It is crazy that without the phone, you have pretty much zero control over the leveling system other than raise/lower the front and auto level.

I would love to have a better interface to the leveling system than the small pad and the phone. This particular version of the leveling system was actually meant to interface to the Lippert OneCommand system. It works really well with that. BMPro has not done a very good job integrating the leveling system into the Jaycommand system.
That's not what I wanted to hear!

The auto level control worked fine for the walk through at the dealership and at home when I did a "trial run" setup at home before our first trip out with the unit... since then, it has only worked with the app. I was hoping I was just missing a step or something.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:13 PM   #4

Try this
Make sure the nose is slightly high.
Then try the autolevel. I use blocking under all the jacks. My jacks don't need to move much. Also try to get close side to side before autolevelling.
I have the old one control but had some issues initially. Both the above make it work seamlessly.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandKelly View Post
That's not what I wanted to hear!

The auto level control worked fine for the walk through at the dealership and at home when I did a "trial run" setup at home before our first trip out with the unit... since then, it has only worked with the app. I was hoping I was just missing a step or something.
If you disconnect power to the Jaycommand unit and then dont reconnect your phone, I think it will work again. Note that the battery disconnect switch does not remove power from the Jaycommand unit. You will have to disconnect at the battery or something else.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Try this
Then try the autolevel. I use blocking under all the jacks. My jacks don't need to move much. Also try to get close side to side before autolevelling.
I have the old one control but had some issues initially. Both the above make it work seamlessly.

RoadrunnerII
This can be a problem but is not what the OP is describing or the phone app wouldn't work either. This is just problem with either the Lippert or BMPro equipment or a combo of the two. My hunch is that it is a problem with the BMPro Jaycommand unit.

And if I had to guess, my hunch is that when the phone is connected, the Jaycommand unit is constantly pinging the Lippert leveling controller to query its state (so the app can update). These queries probably cancel any in-process leveling command that didn't originate from the phone. BMPro didn't do a very good job with software. The phone wont even automatically reconnect to the Jaycommand unit after you go out of range and then come back in. You have to kill the app and then restart it. Their SW developers should be embarrassed.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
Try this

RoadrunnerII
I've done all that. Boards under tires to get close to level side to side. 3.5" high blocks under all 4 jacks... tried autolevel with front to back level, nose high, nose low... you name it, I tried it. I just can't understand why it works with the app, but not with the main controller.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #8

Quote:
This can be a problem but is not what the OP is describing or the phone app wouldn't work either. This is just problem with either the Lippert or BMPro equipment or a combo of the two. My hunch is that it is a problem with the BMPro Jaycommand unit.

And if I had to guess, my hunch is that when the phone is connected, the Jaycommand unit is constantly pinging the Lippert leveling controller to query its state (so the app can update). These queries probably cancel any in-process leveling command that didn't originate from the phone. BMPro didn't do a very good job with software. The phone wont even automatically reconnect to the Jaycommand unit after you go out of range and then come back in. You have to kill the app and then restart it. Their SW developers should be embarrassed.
So do you think if I disconnected the app from the unit, (like a forced stop), the BMpro Jaycommand unit would go back to communicating with the Lippert panel?
Old 05-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #9

Quote:
So do you think if I disconnected the app from the unit, (like a forced stop), the BMpro Jaycommand unit would go back to communicating with the Lippert panel?
If there is a graceful way (not walking out of range, not force closing, etc.) to disconnect the app from the Jaycommand unit, that might work. I cant remember if there is a "Disconnect" button in the app.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:47 PM   #10

Quote:
If there is a graceful way (not walking out of range, not force closing, etc.) to disconnect the app from the Jaycommand unit, that might work. I cant remember if there is a "Disconnect" button in the app.
There isn't a disconnect button that I can find... hopefully, they come up with an update soon to correct this problem!
Old 05-06-2021, 08:03 AM   #11

Quote:
There isn't a disconnect button that I can find... hopefully, they come up with an update soon to correct this problem!
Maybe try turning bluetooth off on the phone? That might properly disconnect before is breaks the connection but I doubt it.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:11 AM   #12

If I turn off my Bluetooth then I can use the controller.
Joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:59 PM   #13

JAYCOMMAND Auto Leveling

The problem you describe sounds like what is happening to my 2021 25.5REOK. Anytime I hitch up and pull the trailer and then unhitch, the control pad in the under bay area will not initiate the leveling sequence. If I go to the Jaycommand application on my iphone, I can initiate the leveling. Once I have initiated the leveling from the iphone, the touch pad in the under bay area will work. When I hitch up and move, I have to reinitiate from the iphone again. This is very frustrating as the touch pad fails exactly when I need it to work. Is this the same problem that others are having? Has anyone been able to resolve this issue? So far, I have gotten no help from the Jayco dealere or from Jayco.
lsugarbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:14 PM   #14

Jayco said it will only work with the app. That is what they told me.
Joem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #15

I have an appointment for another dealer to take a look at it in June. Based on what Jayco told you, they know they have a problem.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsugarbaker View Post
I have an appointment for another dealer to take a look at it in June. Based on what Jayco told you, they know they have a problem.
Yes, this is the problem we are all experiencing. Your appointment at the dealer will be a waste of time. The problem is in the programming of the Lippert Ground Control or the BMPro Jaycommand modules. Your dealer wont be able to do anything. Go camping instead.

You can try disabling the Bluetooth on your phone while the app is connected to see if that will release the leveling system from the control of the Jaycommand unit.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:40 AM   #17

Thank you for responding. I am also getting another issue taken care of as well so I thought I would give them a chance to look at the leveling system. The other dealership never acknowledged there was a problem. As far as disconnecting the bluetooth is concerned, if I have to do that every time I level I might just as well just use the application.

Do you know if corporate Jayco has agreed there is a problem and is someone working on a fix?

Thanks,

Larry
Old 05-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsugarbaker View Post
Do you know if corporate Jayco has agreed there is a problem and is someone working on a fix?
No idea but I think Jayco's official position is to tell users to use the app (since it works all the time) while not actually acknowledging there is an actual problem.

My hunch is that they would disconnect power, reconnect power, it would work since the system had been reset, they would say "unable to reproduce", and send you on your way.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:00 AM   #19

Quote:
No idea but I think Jayco's official position is to tell users to use the app (since it works all the time) while not actually acknowledging there is an actual problem.

My hunch is that they would disconnect power, reconnect power, it would work since the system had been reset, they would say "unable to reproduce", and send you on your way.
Problem is, I can't get the app to work all the time either... sometimes it pairs easily, other time it just says "connecting" and never changes. If this is a software issue, how will customers get it updated without taking it back to the dealer? I know our local dealer service appointments are a few months out...
Old 05-19-2021, 08:07 AM   #20

If you have the bpmpro it's an android based app. It's also listed as owner upgradable. You connect to WiFi with the controller mounted on the inside wall and go to the google play store and update the app.
Same process as apps on a phone or tablet.
Bil just updated his a month ago right after taking delivery. It's not hard to do.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote