Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2023, 04:32 PM   #1

JayCommand Node wiring

I feel dumb asking this but how do you put a wire into these nodes? I'm not familiar with this type and really don't want to use to much force and break it. Dealer finally fixed our furnace after 3 months and then said the node was bad. 2 months later we finally got the node and I'm swapping the wires over to it. Confident I can do it but figured I'd get some input first.
Attached Thumbnails
16752042949448704859280811372781.jpg  
SamnJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:40 PM   #2

Push and hold the white square button in with a screw driver then you can either insert the wire or pull out the wire. You shouldn't remove the white square button as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20221226_140607_DRO.jpg  
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Sharon View Post
Push and hold the white square button in with a screw driver then you can either insert the wire or pull out the wire. You shouldn't remove the white square button as shown.
Thanks! That's what I thought but didn't have any wire handy to try and didn't want to wait to find out until I do it lol. Would you recommend disconnecting shore power and the batteries before doing the swap?
Old 02-01-2023, 06:50 AM   #4

I have no experience with that. I suggest you visit this site and scroll down to see the option to Chat with a tech. They are in Australia so be mindful of the time zone.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamnJoe View Post
Thanks! Would you recommend disconnecting shore power and the batteries before doing the swap?
100%, maybe 110
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 08:37 AM   #6

What are you swapping out? Are you swapping out the whole node? If so then yes disconnect ALL electrical sources as it has a direct to battery and converter electrical connection.

If you are just adding a new addition to one of those additional connections you could probably go either way. i.e. lights vs an AC or Slide motor etc.. Lights are more forgiving. Having no power is usually better though.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:08 AM   #7

Hey, that's my button! Yes, they require a press to release the wire.
No harm if you pop them out, they press right back in. Definitely agree, disconnect all power before swapping one out.
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #8

So got the new node in. Now my basement lights, and my inside lights won't turn on with their wall switches but the lights do work via the panel or app. Can't seem to identify which wire that is yet.

Also, the reason I swapped it was because the dealership fixed my furnace (they actually just swapped a different one that's older in but told me they fixed it) and told me the node was bad and fried the furnace circuit board. But yet my "new" furnace still clicks from the thermostat but no blower or heat which was my original problem.

And naturally I bumped a hose and the crimp rings are terrible and is leaking now.
Old 02-01-2023, 02:27 PM   #9

Depending on what kind of switch those have the switch may need to be paired with the new node for it to work.
Old 02-01-2023, 03:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC_AZ View Post
Depending on what kind of switch those have the switch may need to be paired with the new node for it to work.

Yup so I figured the pairing out for the overhead lights. But now I'm sure there's a wire loose that controls the basement lights, and the other manual flip switches through the camper.
Old 02-02-2023, 10:42 AM   #11

Waiting for jayco to call me back. The whole side of the node doesn't seem to work or there's more to do. No awning or slide controls. No lights work from the manual toggles. What a mess
Old 02-02-2023, 10:53 AM   #12

Have you gone in and setup which Jayco model and options for the node?

If you go into the tablet JayCommand app, tap Settings five times. It should then give you models and options.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Have you gone in and setup which Jayco model and options for the node?

If you go into the tablet JayCommand app, tap Settings five times. It should then give you models and options.
Yeah I've done that as well.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Waiting for jayco to call me back. The whole side of the node doesn't seem to work or there's more to do. No awning or slide controls. No lights work from the manual toggles. What a mess
sounds like you don't have power to one side of the node...if I remember right there are two different power sources for the node.

Is your battery disconnect switch on?

Have you verified power is present at the bottom left connector on the node labeled motor power?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
sounds like you don't have power to one side of the node...if I remember right there are two different power sources for the node.

Is your battery disconnect switch on?

Have you verified power is present at the bottom left connector on the node labeled motor power?
Hey

The disconnect is on. The 40amp fuse looks good when i pull it out but how would I check the power? I have a multimeter but electric is my worst talent. Def agree the side doesn't seem powered.

Disregard this. Feel dumb. Flipped the battery disconnect and it all works now. I wonder if that got flipped originally and that's all it's been. Can't believe the dealership wouldn't have seen that or said that.
Old 02-02-2023, 02:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Hey

The disconnect is on. The 40amp fuse looks good when i pull it out but how would I check the power? I have a multimeter but electric is my worst talent. Def agree the side doesn't seem powered.

Disregard this. Feel dumb. Flipped the battery disconnect and it all works now. I wonder if that got flipped originally and that's all it's been. Can't believe the dealership wouldn't have seen that or said that.
Thought I had it figured out. Disconnect on and everything worked. Turned furnace back on a few minutes later and it's faulting and says overload. Realize the disconnect should be off so I turn it off. Everything that had started working again stopped working.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:26 PM   #17

With all 12v power connected the furnace has an overload error/fault? Or is the JayCommand system saying overload? (I ask I have seen this from too much solar during a summer with the stock charger, but this time of year that should not be happening)
Old 02-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #18

Quote:
With all 12v power connected the furnace has an overload error/fault? Or is the JayCommand system saying overload? (I ask I have seen this from too much solar during a summer with the stock charger, but this time of year that should not be happening)

The furnace is faulting with saying overload in diagnostic. I dont even have solar or genny. Only basic stuff on inside not everything.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 AM   #19

Quote:
The furnace is faulting with saying overload in diagnostic. I dont even have solar or genny. Only basic stuff on inside not everything.

Called jayco service and sent them pictures. I'm positive they swapped my furnace for another older and smaller And jayco agrees that's what it looks like. They said a smaller furnace would/ could throw the overload code.