Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2021, 09:12 PM   #21

Exactly right -- that is the reset procedure I used on the Winegard gateway.
JCoPinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:18 PM   #22

Please keep this thread updated on your progress!

Just a quick note respectfully asking everyone who is trying to resolve the "Fetching Info" issue to please keep this thread updated with your progress; especially if you successfully resolve the issue and get the Jaycommand controller to configure the Winegard gateway's internet source as described on pp. 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this thread -- I hope to hear that you have resolved this issue on your rigs real soon!
Old 09-28-2021, 04:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoPinnacle View Post
Just a quick note respectfully asking everyone who is trying to resolve the "Fetching Info" issue to please keep this thread updated with your progress; especially if you successfully resolve the issue and get the Jaycommand controller to configure the Winegard gateway's internet source as described on pp. 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this thread -- I hope to hear that you have resolved this issue on your rigs real soon!
Lol, I will be doing this one handed as my other hand's fingers will be crossed. I will start with the easy stuff, resetting and clearing data and will report
Rene
Old 09-28-2021, 04:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Exactly right -- that is the reset procedure I used on the Winegard gateway.
Thank You.
Old 09-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #25

Tried as they requested. Will post pics a bit later. But no success
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:10 PM   #26

I updated the Firmware/ App on the controller as instructed
I cleared the App data as instructed. At this point it showed me the setup screen and allowed me to input the logging data, however would not allow me to "join"
I reset the Winegard/JayCommand controller as indicated. This time it allowed me in to what I think is the screen we want, however it did not allow me to select any of the choices. I allowed it plenty of time with no change.
We are back to the Winegard working properly and "Fetching info" on the settings menu

Note I had an additional step to reset the Jaycommand!! That is the tankless water heater controller, right below the reset hole for the panel.
Attached Thumbnails
20210928_101247[2].jpg   20210928_102602[1].jpg   20210928_103239[1].jpg   20210928_103329[1].jpg   20210928_104812[1].jpg  

Old 09-29-2021, 11:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I updated the Firmware/ App on the controller as instructed
I cleared the App data as instructed. At this point it showed me the setup screen and allowed me to input the logging data, however would not allow me to "join"
I reset the Winegard/JayCommand controller as indicated. This time it allowed me in to what I think is the screen we want, however it did not allow me to select any of the choices. I allowed it plenty of time with no change.
We are back to the Winegard working properly and "Fetching info" on the settings menu

Note I had an additional step to reset the Jaycommand!! That is the tankless water heater controller, right below the reset hole for the panel.
You replicated precisely what I experienced. Once it gets to what appears to be the screen where you would select your internet source, it hangs there indefinitely. Once you return to the setup menu, it just says "Fetching Info"...

Please continue to update us on what BMPRO has to say about what you are experiencing -- thank you so much for working on this with me!
Old 09-30-2021, 04:29 AM   #28

I have gone back since doing all this while waiting for BMPRO to reply and have cleared the app data and cache a couple of times. Now is takes me to the setup menu on the JayCommand App and allows me to input the login data, and it goes no further. Yesterday I left it there all day just for grins, and no change. So, the "fetching info" is not there any longer and replaced with "setup". I am not sure what would happen if I kept resetting the Winegard/App would make any difference. I only managed to get to the screen we want once, and it had just told me briefly I had the wrong password/login info and it switched to that screen. I feel like I maybe advanced the cause one step? but not sure. Waiting on them now. BTW, the Winegard is working well, no issues.
Old 09-30-2021, 12:11 PM   #29

For grins I went through the whole procedure again, cleared, reset Winegard and JayCommand. I am officially off the "fetching info" in the settings page. It shows "setup" and allows me to go to the login page and enter pertinent login data. I imputed the SSID name using both the spyglass and manually. I still can't get past this page. One interesting tidbit, and you may already know this, but I was able to reset the Winegard without opening the box in the ceiling. I stumbled on the procedure on the Tconnect App, settings, go to bottom of page and click on advanced settings, then scroll to bottom of page. made it a whole easier, lol. I will email BMPRO again since emailing them last time with findings
Old 09-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #30

Quote:
For grins I went through the whole procedure again, cleared, reset Winegard and JayCommand. I am officially off the "fetching info" in the settings page. It shows "setup" and allows me to go to the login page and enter pertinent login data. I imputed the SSID name using both the spyglass and manually. I still can't get past this page. One interesting tidbit, and you may already know this, but I was able to reset the Winegard without opening the box in the ceiling. I stumbled on the procedure on the Tconnect App, settings, go to bottom of page and click on advanced settings, then scroll to bottom of page. made it a whole easier, lol. I will email BMPRO again since emailing them last time with findings
Did I miss something? What is the Tconnect App?
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:09 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmark573 View Post
Did I miss something? What is the Tconnect App?
Sorry, it is the Winegard Connect App. Somewhere I saw it referred as the Tconnect App. There is also the Winegard finder App to help locate Antennas and satellites.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #32

Just received this from BMPRO. I will try to update again, although it didn't show an update available yesterday. Only way I know how to do this is to update the JayCommand App on the panel, and if a firmware update is available it picks it up automatically. I had updated both about 4-5 days ago.

BMPRO Customer Support (BMPRO USA)
Oct 1, 2021, 22:55 GMT+10
Hi,

We have released an update less than 48 hours ago. Please perform the update at your earliest convenience, it includes connectivity improvements and bug fixes. Do you have an active SIM card in the Winegard? If there is no SIM card and you are entering 4G mode the system may be searching for the 4G credentials. Attached is a helpful guide for updating the system.
For Tech Tips and Videos Check out the YouTube Channel
Check out our new Lithium Battery Knowledge Centre - with all your lithium related questions answered!
The BMPRO FAQ page may have the answers you are looking for!
BMPRO Customer Service
Head Office – Australia
19 Henderson Rd, Knoxfield, Vic 3180
customerservice@teambmpro.com
USA Office
Unit 1, 821 E Windsor Ave, Elkhart, Indiana 46514
service@teambmpro.com
teambmpro.com

Attachment(s)
034556 - JAYCOMMAND Help Guide - Updating App FW BYOD v1.0.pdf
Old 10-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #33

Quote:
Just received this from BMPRO. I will try to update again, although it didn't show an update available yesterday. Only way I know how to do this is to update the JayCommand App on the panel, and if a firmware update is available it picks it up automatically. I had updated both about 4-5 days ago.

BMPRO Customer Support (BMPRO USA)
Oct 1, 2021, 22:55 GMT+10
Hi,

We have released an update less than 48 hours ago. Please perform the update at your earliest convenience, it includes connectivity improvements and bug fixes. Do you have an active SIM card in the Winegard? If there is no SIM card and you are entering 4G mode the system may be searching for the 4G credentials. Attached is a helpful guide for updating the system.
For Tech Tips and Videos Check out the YouTube Channel
Check out our new Lithium Battery Knowledge Centre - with all your lithium related questions answered!
The BMPRO FAQ page may have the answers you are looking for!
BMPRO Customer Service
Head Office – Australia
19 Henderson Rd, Knoxfield, Vic 3180
customerservice@teambmpro.com
USA Office
Unit 1, 821 E Windsor Ave, Elkhart, Indiana 46514
service@teambmpro.com
teambmpro.com

Attachment(s)
034556 - JAYCOMMAND Help Guide - Updating App FW BYOD v1.0.pdf
In addition to resetting the Winegard through their Connect App, you can also do it from the admin menu at http://10.11.12.1. The only reason I used the button on the back of the Winegard gateway was because I interpreted BMPRO Technical Support's directions as requiring that I do so, but I think any of the three pathways accomplish the same objective.

Thank you again for continuing to try and resolve this issue with me. Hopefully we will learn of a solution soon!
Old 10-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #34

Quote:
In addition to resetting the Winegard through their Connect App, you can also do it from the admin menu at http://10.11.12.1. The only reason I used the button on the back of the Winegard gateway was because I interpreted BMPRO Technical Support's directions as requiring that I do so, but I think any of the three pathways accomplish the same objective.

Thank you again for continuing to try and resolve this issue with me. Hopefully we will learn of a solution soon!
There was a new update but still stuck in the setup page. It is not working as far as sending a request. I have put in bogus passwords and it is not even advising me of an incorrect password. I did originally reset pushing the rest button as they requested, then tried with the software, lol. I will email them the results . This update shows V2.6.4 for the master Node and V2.6.0 for the App
Old 10-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #35

Quote:
There was a new update but still stuck in the setup page. It is not working as far as sending a request. I have put in bogus passwords and it is not even advising me of an incorrect password. I did originally reset pushing the rest button as they requested, then tried with the software, lol. I will email them the results . This update shows V2.6.4 for the master Node and V2.6.0 for the App
I installed the update yesterday, reset everything, and setup the Winegard on the Jaycommand controller -- still just continuously shows "Fetching Info"...
Old 10-04-2021, 02:38 AM   #36

Quote:
I installed the update yesterday, reset everything, and setup the Winegard on the Jaycommand controller -- still just continuously shows "Fetching Info"...
Same here, waiting on their response. Sure hope they don't give up on us as I still think it is a software issue
Old 10-05-2021, 10:34 AM   #37

I guess I’m lucky as I never got that fetching message. I do have a SIM card in it with Verizon and it did do an automatic update last Friday I think. I have used it hooked to a parks internet supply as well as a stand alone wifi with Verizon and no problems. We just got the coach two weeks ago. The only thing different is before I tried anything other than turning on lights and A/C on the JAYCOMMAND app was I installed the SIM card at the dealership knowing we wanted that option.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
I guess I’m lucky as I never got that fetching message. I do have a SIM card in it with Verizon and it did do an automatic update last Friday I think. I have used it hooked to a parks internet supply as well as a stand alone wifi with Verizon and no problems. We just got the coach two weeks ago. The only thing different is before I tried anything other than turning on lights and A/C on the JAYCOMMAND app was I installed the SIM card at the dealership knowing we wanted that option.
So you can select the internet source from within JayCommand? On that settings page where we are getting the "fetching" message? you have 3 choices, setup initially shown and then the login page. once you input your login info, it should go to the next page asking you to select an internet source, 4G, WiFi or internet of. That last page is the one we can't seem to get to. Winegard works well but we have to leave JayCommand and go to the settings page, networks, and select the one you want and enter login info if required. After that winegard takes over, just not shown within JayCommand. I do not have a sim card, maybe that makes a difference but it shouldn't. I will bring that up to the folks at BMPRO. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2021, 11:25 AM   #39

To switch between 4G Wi-Fi or Internet off I use the browser on my iPhone or my iPad and go to 10.11.12.1. and select and go through it that way. When I set up the Internet with the Wi-Fi Sim card I called Winegard support and that is where they had me go to do it. Works really slick. We’re Apple product people so the tablet being google based is not as user friendly for us. You must have your tablet or in our case IPhone on the same network as the Winegard. Sometimes when doing the change between 4g LTE and WiFi it seems like it hangs up and the tech told me to go back out to settings and see if it kicked me off the winegard connection. It had and you reconnect to it and then good to go. I dealt with the Winegard tech and not the JAYCOMMAND people so maybe there is a difference there. All systems work and with the SIM card I can be miles away and check in and change the A/C or turn on lights, check tire pressures, etc. in essence anything that can be done on the JAYCOMMAND app. on my I phone which mirrors the tablet. Hope this helps.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
To switch between 4G Wi-Fi or Internet off I use the browser on my iPhone or my iPad and go to 10.11.12.1. and select and go through it that way. When I set up the Internet with the Wi-Fi Sim card I called Winegard support and that is where they had me go to do it. Works really slick. We’re Apple product people so the tablet being google based is not as user friendly for us. You must have your tablet or in our case IPhone on the same network as the Winegard. Sometimes when doing the change between 4g LTE and WiFi it seems like it hangs up and the tech told me to go back out to settings and see if it kicked me off the winegard connection. It had and you reconnect to it and then good to go. I dealt with the Winegard tech and not the JAYCOMMAND people so maybe there is a difference there. All systems work and with the SIM card I can be miles away and check in and change the A/C or turn on lights, check tire pressures, etc. in essence anything that can be done on the JAYCOMMAND app. on my I phone which mirrors the tablet. Hope this helps.
Ok, we still not on the same page lol. All you said is correct, and yes , if in the 10.11.12.1 page when connecting you need to insure the Iphone/ I pad is connected to the Winegard network for any changes to work. Sometimes it will switch back to your local Connection just to frustrate you. For now, forget about Apple, it doesn't matter. Before getting into this, Winegard has an android App, and an Apple version too, called Winegard connect 2.0 and the apple version is Winegard Connected. It is the 10.11.12.1 page on the brower, and once you connect once, you are in going forward. Much less typing. JayCommand controls the Bluetooth and WiFi connections to the Tablet on the wall and you connect to it anyway you want. Apple/ Android, it doesn't care. We are android people but have iPad as well and can connect either way. The Apple Jaycommand App for your tablet is called Jaycommand Travellink and the android version is BMRO jaycommand. They work the same, just downloaded it and connected to the RV. Works just like the android phone. Same for the Winegard connected, except I need to be on the Winegard network for it to work. Now lets forget all this for a bit. The reason for this long thread is that the JayCommand app on the wall in the RV is supposed to do all this for you without leaving JayCommand to the Connected App or 10.11.12.1 page which are the same. I am attaching 3 pictures to help with this. This, by the way, I believe is in pages 21-23 on the Jaycommand manual. First you go to the settings page in jaycommand on the wall panel, not your Ipad. That should be the first picture. It shows Bluetooth connected and remote connected. That is the WiFi connection allowing you to connect from anywhere and do all the neat things the software allows. Below that is Winegard, and where we are having all the issues with BMPRO. Understand, that Winegard is working correctly as you mentioned, we are just working too hard as the App puts it all there in front of you but we are so far unable to make use of it. Again, Apple/Android do not matter at all. Second picture shows what you should see after you clicked on "setup" in the first picture. That is our unit, and you can input the network /SSID name manually or use the "spyglass" as BMPRO calls it. It will bring up your network. Select it. The password is that funky one in the front of the little Winegard manual with the SSID name. The third picture is the holy grail! You are now there, no 10.11.12.1 pages. If at a new park and want to see what 4G is available in that area, click on it. If WiFi, Winegard will bring up the available WiFi network/s available. If password is required it will ask for it. Does this make more sense? You never left the Jaycommand on the RV to go look for connections, they are all there. Our problem is once at that page, it wont allow us to select either 4G/WiFi/ internet off. The buttons are dead, lol. BMPRO told another person on this thread it was his tablet, but we are all having the same issues, so I am thinking software. Try this on yours and see if you can get through to the "holy grail" page, only 3 steps.
Sounds confusing, but its not, at least not anymore since I have spent so much time wrestling with this. Another freebie App is called Winegard- TV signal finder. Seems to be pretty nice but I have not used it yet. let me know if this helped, I am very curious for you to try this on yours and see if it works. My last email from BMPRO was asking if i had the latest updates which I do, and it takes about 3 days between emails responses since they are in Ausie land.

BTW, and I am not trying to confuse the issue any more, but the "fetching" we have been talking in previous posts, comes about after you leave that "dead holy grail picture #3" and if you go back to the settings page, then that is what you will see.
Attached Thumbnails
20210928_101519[1].jpg   20210928_102615[1].jpg   20210929_100919[1].jpg  

Tags
bmpro, fetching info, jaycommand, winegard