Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 07:51 PM   #1

Jaycommand Winegard Setup "Fetching Info"

On the Jaycommand controller, you are supposed to be able to select the internet source for your Winegard gateway; thus, eliminating the need to use the Winegard app or Winegard admin page at http://10.11.12.1 to set the internet source. However, when I setup the Winegard gateway on the Jaycommand controller, it simply says "Fetching Info" continously and never shows the menu where I can select my internet source. Pages 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual show pictures of the menu I am referencing as well as the features it offers.

I spent several weeks working with BMPRO's technical support trying to get this feature to work. Unfortunately, they believe the controller panel on the wall of my Pinnacle needs to be replaced. I reached out to Jayco and they advised me that I need to work through my dealer to secure a replacement. So, I have added this to the list of items that need attention when I take the rig back for warranty service.

Has anyone else had this problem and (more importantly) resolved it so that they can select their internet source through Jaycommand as intended?
JCoPinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoPinnacle View Post
On the Jaycommand controller, you are supposed to be able to select the internet source for your Winegard gateway; thus, eliminating the need to use the Winegard app or Winegard admin page at http://10.11.12.1 to set the internet source. However, when I setup the Winegard gateway on the Jaycommand controller, it simply says "Fetching Info" continously and never shows the menu where I can select my internet source. Pages 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual show pictures of the menu I am referencing as well as the features it offers.

I spent several weeks working with BMPRO's technical support trying to get this feature to work. Unfortunately, they believe the controller panel on the wall of my Pinnacle needs to be replaced. I reached out to Jayco and they advised me that I need to work through my dealer to secure a replacement. So, I have added this to the list of items that need attention when I take the rig back for warranty service.

Has anyone else had this problem and (more importantly) resolved it so that they can select their internet source through Jaycommand as intended?

Same situation here
Old 09-24-2021, 08:20 PM   #3

Mine does the same. We just picked it up on Wednesday. We have a 2022 North Point 310RLTS. I haven’t done much troubleshooting on it yet. Im guessing it is a software issue. Coming from an IT background I’ll probably just use the admin page. I’ll let you know if I figure it out.
jhogue46140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:04 AM   #4

Quote:

Can you share what steps you went through with BMPRO? maybe we can try them as well and see if anything is different. The emailing back and forth to Aussie land can take a lot of time as you well know. The Winegard gateway works well as best I can tell and I am not sure the panel is bad and perhaps it is a software issue as jhogue46140 indicated. It would be unusual to have 3 bad panels that we know of so far from this thread. I am wondering how new some of these features are and integrated into BMPRO.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:41 AM   #5
RJR

We have a 2021 Pinnacle delivered in March and have had the same issue since day one. I find the easiest way to set up the Winegard or reconnect to the internet is by a phone, ipad or laptop, connect to the Winegard wifi on your device and then open a browser and enter the http://10.11.12.1/ the default password is "admin" and from there it is an easy setup. Much easier than trying to fight with the Winegard panel. After I did a reset using a paperclip for the BMPro it stopped saying "fetching info" and works great. I have found that if the BMPro is acting odd, I do a reset with the paperclip and all works good every time. Great when it works....
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJR View Post
We have a 2021 Pinnacle delivered in March and have had the same issue since day one. I find the easiest way to set up the Winegard or reconnect to the internet is by a phone, ipad or laptop, connect to the Winegard wifi on your device and then open a browser and enter the http://10.11.12.1/ the default password is "admin" and from there it is an easy setup. Much easier than trying to fight with the Winegard panel. After I did a reset using a paperclip for the BMPro it stopped saying "fetching info" and works great. I have found that if the BMPro is acting odd, I do a reset with the paperclip and all works good every time. Great when it works....

After doing the paperclip thing you say it works great. Does that mean the BMPRO panel worked as supposed to after the "fetching info" went away? And after the reset, did the BMPRO remain paired to things like the TPMS sensors, etc.? Thanks
Old 09-25-2021, 06:00 AM   #7
RJR

Yes for us, after the reset everything was paired and we could communicate via blue tooth or through the cloud on our iphones to the BMPro or use the BMPro panel.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Yes for us, after the reset everything was paired and we could communicate via blue tooth or through the cloud on our iphones to the BMPro or use the BMPro panel.

Thank You, I am always nervous about the reset word. it can mean many things, lol. After resetting, can you get into the Winegard settings menu on the BMPRO like the users manual shows on pages 21-23?

Rene
Old 09-25-2021, 06:26 AM   #9
RJR

No, after 2 tries I stopped trying and use the 10.11.12.1 web portal as I find it to be very easy. I can use the settings on the BMPro, just not the Winegard setup in the settings, all other settings seem to work fine.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:42 AM   #10

Quote:
No, after 2 tries I stopped trying and use the 10.11.12.1 web portal as I find it to be very easy. I can use the settings on the BMPro, just not the Winegard setup in the settings, all other settings seem to work fine.

That is what we have been doing as well. It may be a software issue as jhogue46140 mentioned earlier. You can also leave BMPRO and go to the settings menu, network settings. Find The WiFi you are looking for, connect and somehow,after a while, Winegard seems to pick it up on its own. If I come back later to that page, it shows Winegard doing its thing, and the selected WiFi signal below it showing saved. Thanks Again
Old 09-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #11

Just picked up ours on Wednesday and yesterday finally had time to go to the Verizon store and get the proper size Sim card. I had no issues after putting that card in and getting it hooked up. I can change between Wi-Fi and cellular connection on my phone. I can now remotely work functions of the coach while being away from it. Pretty slick technology.
Randyman69357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman69357 View Post
Just picked up ours on Wednesday and yesterday finally had time to go to the Verizon store and get the proper size Sim card. I had no issues after putting that card in and getting it hooked up. I can change between Wi-Fi and cellular connection on my phone. I can now remotely work functions of the coach while being away from it. Pretty slick technology.

We have no issue connecting to the coach via WiFi, works well. Have you tried doing this on the BMPRO panel in the coach? This is the "fetching info" message displayed on the wall panel in the settings menu. I think all of us are on WiFi only. As of now, we have had zero issue connecting to the RV parks via WiFi or cable, so passing on the 4G Sim card for now.The issue is being able to select your WiFI signal from the panel in the RV.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:50 AM   #13

Great to hear from other Jayco owners about their "Fetching Info" issue; especially from those who have technical backgrounds!

I think the idea that the wall mounted controller hardware being at fault is much less likely than a software issue; however, this is the conclusion (reluctantly) drawn by BMPRO's technical support. I now share the interactions between BMPRO and myself to see if any of the information exchanged helps with understanding and (hopefully) solving this problem! I provide the date, author, and content of the communication in chronological order.

08/12/2021; JCoPinnacle: My JAYCOMMAND controller's Winegard setting simply states "Fetching Info" continuously; thus, disabling the ability to adjust Winegard settings through the controller. Any ideas on how to get past "Fetching Info" and make this part of the JAYCOMMAND controller functional?

08/13/2021; BMPRO: To resolve this problem, clear the app data. I have attached a helpful guide. After you do this you will have to log back into everything.

08/18/2021; JCoPinnacle: I submitted a help request last week regarding the Winegard status on my JayCommand controller continuously showing "Fetching Info". I was directed to clear app data on the controller and set up my Winegard again. I completed the process, but the status continues to show "Fetching Info".

08/18/2021; BMPRO: Forgive the delay in response, we were advised to direct you to look at the WiFi triangle in the top of the screen to see if it ever becomes solid, more than likely there is a glitch when it is fetching and the controller cannot see the WiFi network. The solution is to press the reset button on Winegard system.

08/24/2021; JCoPinnacle: I completed the following steps:
  1. Cleared BMPRO app data on controller.
  2. Reset WINEGARD to factory defaults.
  3. Using settings app on controller, connected controller to WINEGARD network using SSID and password from sticker on WINEGARD gateway.
  4. Entered WINEGARD info from sticker on WINEGARD gateway (SSID & password) in BMPRO setup.
Unfortunately, the system still shows "Fetching Info" continuously for WINEGARD in BMPRO settings.
What else should I try?

08/26/2021; BMPRO: In this case I would start completely fresh and make sure the Jaycommand App is up to date. The latest version is 2.5.3 [NOTE from JCoPinnacle: This version number is for the Node; the latest version of the Jaycommand App on the wall mounted controller was 2.5.1 at the time of this correspondence.]
1. Completely close the JAYCOMMAND App
2. Hold the Winegard reset down until it flashes yellow, wait for it to reset.
3. Make sure you forget all networks within the Android settings
4. Clear app data once more
5. Open the Jaycommand App
6. Try using the search spyglass instead of hand-keying to connect to the SSID and key in the password one more time.

08/26/2021; JCoPinnacle: I completed all of the steps prescribed; however, the result continues to be "Fetching Info"... Please advise on next steps.

08/27/2021; BMPRO: When you clear the App data does the Winegard revert to Setup?
Are you able to check the status of the WIFI with the Winegard app?
Can you connect to the Winegard Wifi on another device?

08/27/2021; JCoPinnacle: Thank you for continuing to help -- I appreciate it!
I now respond to each of the questions you posed in turn:
  1. When you clear the App data does the Winegard revert to Setup? Yes
  2. Are you able to check the status of the WIFI with the Winegard app? Yes & its shows the WIFI is good. With respect to setup in the BMPRO app, once I complete entering the SSID (using the looking glass to find the Winegard network name) and password, the BMPRO app successfully establishes a WIFI connection on the controller tablet as evidenced by the appearance of a solid WIFI triangle in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. After establishing the WIFI connection on the controller, the screen where one would select the internet source for the WINEGARD appears in the background of a spinning circle indicating the tablet is still processing. Unfortunately, the circle never stops spinning and the controls on the screen never become active. The only actions a user can take at that juncture is to exit the screen, close the BMPRO app, or clear apps. If I exit the screen, it returns to the BMPRO setup screen and shows "Fetching Info" indefinitely. Ironically, the WIFI connection established on the controller through this process suffices for downloading updates to the tablet and running the cloud feature of BMPRO successfully, but does not allow for control of the internet source on the WINEGARD through the BMPRO app setup on the controller due to the "Fetching Info" message.
  3. Can you connect to the Winegard Wifi on another device? Yes, we have connected our phones and Roku boxes to the Winegard and can access the internet through it with no problems. In fact, based upon what I shared in my response to #2, we have been successful at using the controller tablet with the Winegard as its internet source, we just can't seem to get the BMPRO app to the point where it can control the internet source Winegard should utilize.
08/31/2021; BMPRO: This is stumping us... Can you send us a Picture of the ABOUT SYSTEM page within the JAYCOMMAND app? We may have to get the development team involved.

08/31/2021; JCoPinnacle: Sent requested pictures.

09/03/2021; BMPRO: The last solution we have is to uninstall and reinstall the JAYCOMMAND App. Beyond that there may be a fault in the WIFI built into the tablet but it is unlikely. If you still cannot get it to connect the next step would be to replace the controller. To do so contact your dealer or Thor customer service at (877) 855-2867

09/03/2021; JCoPinnacle: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Jaycommand app; however, the result did not change -- after setting up the winegard connection, I still just get "Fetching Info".
I am curious -- is it possible to reboot the controller tablet? It has been running for several weeks while we have tried these various attempts at getting the winegard configuration to work, but the controller tablet itself has not been rebooted.
Please advise on the possibility of rebooting the tablet.

09/04/2021; BMPRO: The controller does have a hidden reset button. I have attached a photo to help locate it. Use a toothpick or paperclip and press towards the screen for 5-10 seconds until the option to restart appears.

09/08/2021; JCoPinnacle: Thank you for the controller reboot instructions; unfortunately, it didn't help. I have reached out to Jayco's Customer Service to inquire about a replacement controller as you suggested.
I have a remaining question: where does one input the admin password for the Winegard gateway in the BMPRO Jaycommand controller app? To change the internet source (Wifi, 4G, or No Internet) directly on the Winegard gateway, whether one uses the web interface at http://10.11.12.1 or through the Winegard Connect app, requires the admin password, but I don't see anywhere to provide that password to the BMPRO Jaycommand controller. I just keep trying to understand how we are successfully creating a wifi connection between the controller and Winegard gateway, but hang on "Fetching Info" for the internet source control in the BMPRO Jaycommand controller app.

09/11/2021; BMPRO: Disconnect the controller tablet from the WiFi in the tablet settings and forget that network. Return to the Jaycommand app and try logging into the Winegard from there again. I have attached the photo of the Winegard login screen that is within our app, your admin password goes in the password field.

09/11/2021; JCoPinnacle: Just to be clear, one enters the admin password for the Winegard in the password field in the Jaycommand app and not the WIFI password printed in the Winegard manual\gateway base as stated on the Winegard screenshot you provided from the Jaycommand app?

09/11/2021; BMPRO: I would try both passwords after you disconnect the tablet from WiFi, if you are still getting the fetching info message. The tablet cannot already be on that WiFi when you try to connect to it in JAYCOMMAND App.

09/13/2021; JCoPinnacle: I disconnected the controller WIFI connection by forgetting network and reset jaycommand app data in the controller settings app. Upon restarting jaycommand app, I entered Winegard setup, used magnifying glass menu to select Winegard network, and entered admin password for Winegard gateway. Network failed to connect. I repeated the same steps using the WIFI password printed on the label on the Winegard gateway. Network connection successfully established, but jaycommand app hangs on fetching info for the internet connection source being used by the Winegard gateway. With this single exception, the jaycommand app successfully utilizes the Winegard gateway and its internet connection to provide cloud access.

I have submitted a request for a new controller to Jayco's customer service as recommended by your technical support in an earlier message; however, I have not yet received a response. If you have any additional suggestions that may resolve my "fetching info" issue, please feel free to send them along.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:25 AM   #14

This is great thank you. I do have a few questions as we are talking about Apps, laptops, cell phones etc. On 8/24 you cleared BMPRO data on the controller. You reset Winegard to factory defaults through the 10.11.12.1 page?

8/26- First, I have Ver 2.5.1 on the cell app, but don't see the 2.5.3 for the node, or any Ver number for the node. Did you upgrade the node? Confused as to "hold the Winegard reset down". Are we back on the 10.11.12.1 page or on the wall App? Here you also talk about searching on Spyglass? Pardon my ignorance, I think I know what this is but just want to be sure.

8/27- First time I realized the Winegard Connect App was in play, lol. I have not really used it, but even in our house the App finds my account and Winegard, although it won't connect as we are a bit too far from it.

9/3- I am presuming you deleted and reinstalled the App on your Cell?

9/8- I have the same exact question as to why we can connect and have Winegard and WiFi play nice with each other yet unable to control it from the Jaycommand App.

Thanks agai, this is good info
Old 09-26-2021, 10:09 AM   #15

I respond to the questions in the last post by responding within its text using angle brackets >> to indicate where my response begins:

This is great thank you. I do have a few questions as we are talking about Apps, laptops, cell phones etc. On 8/24 you cleared BMPRO data on the controller. You reset Winegard to factory defaults through the 10.11.12.1 page?
>> I reset the Winegard gateway using the hard reset button on the underside of the device. To access this button, the Winegard gateway has to be removed from the ceiling.

8/26- First, I have Ver 2.5.1 on the cell app, but don't see the 2.5.3 for the node, or any Ver number for the node. Did you upgrade the node?
>> When referring to the Jaycommand app, I mean the app on the wall mounted controller. Updating the Jaycommand app on the wall mounted controller through the Google Play app store is sometimes accompanied with firmware updates for the node. The node is the piece of hardware located in the basement of the trailer where the physical electrical connections are made to the BMPRO system and is the device being controlled by the wall mounted controller\cell phone apps. To find the software\firmware versions, see the 'about' option in the controller 'settings' menu.

Confused as to "hold the Winegard reset down". Are we back on the 10.11.12.1 page or on the wall App?
>> This is a reference to the hard reset button on the Winegard gateway discussed above.

Here you also talk about searching on Spyglass? Pardon my ignorance, I think I know what this is but just want to be sure.
>> "Spyglass" is what BMPRO used to reference the magnifying glass icon on the Winegard setup page on the controller that is used to list available Winegard WIFI networks.

8/27- First time I realized the Winegard Connect App was in play, lol. I have not really used it, but even in our house the App finds my account and Winegard, although it won't connect as we are a bit too far from it.
>> The Winegard Connect App really doesn't factor into this problem whatsoever. The only reason I examined the Winegard Connect App is that I thought perhaps the method used in Winegard's app may mirror what the Jaycommand app on the wall mounted controller should be doing to change the internet source. My thinking at the time was if the Winegard Connect App doesn't successfully change the internet source on the gateway, then perhaps the software issue is on Winegard's end. However, Winegard's Connect App works flawlessly in this connection. I found it interesting that the Winegard Connect App requires the gateway admin password, but the Jaycommand controller never asks for the gateway's password during the setup process. Since changing the internet source seems to be an admin function, it seemed logical to me that the Jaycommand controller would need that password. When I raised that issue with BMPRO's technical support, they suggested I try both the WIFI password and admin password during the setup process on the controller. Only the WIFI password advanced the setup process; the admin password was not successful.

>> I never fiddled with the app on my phone since I was focused in getting the wall mounted controller to configure the Winegard gateway internet source.

9/8- I have the same exact question as to why we can connect and have Winegard and WiFi play nice with each other yet unable to control it from the Jaycommand App.
>> This is an aspect I find most fuddling. Don't get me wrong -- I am happy that all of the other functionality is working, but I don't understand the "Fetching Info" hangup.

>> You are welcome -- thank you for so thoroughly reading what I provided and asking such great questions! Now that I know that my problem is not isolated and, in fact, it appears quite a few owners who recently received delivery of their BMPRO Jaycommand controlled rigs are having the same issue, I will reach out to BMPRO once again with this information and make them aware of this thread so that they may read these posts for themselves. Perhaps someone will be able to characterize the problem and provide technical expertise I don't have that may help BMPRO isolate the problem.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #16

Quote:
I respond to the questions in the last post by responding within its text using angle brackets >> to indicate where my response begins:

>> I reset the Winegard gateway using the hard reset button on the underside of the device. To access this button, the Winegard gateway has to be removed from the ceiling.

8/26- First, I have Ver 2.5.1 on the cell app, but don't see the 2.5.3 for the node, or any Ver number for the node. Did you upgrade the node?
>> When referring to the Jaycommand app, I mean the app on the wall mounted controller. Updating the Jaycommand app on the wall mounted controller through the Google Play app store is sometimes accompanied with firmware updates for the node. The node is the piece of hardware located in the basement of the trailer where the physical electrical connections are made to the BMPRO system and is the device being controlled by the wall mounted controller\cell phone apps. To find the software\firmware versions, see the 'about' option in the controller 'settings' menu.

Confused as to "hold the Winegard reset down". Are we back on the 10.11.12.1 page or on the wall App?
>> This is a reference to the hard reset button on the Winegard gateway discussed above.

Here you also talk about searching on Spyglass? Pardon my ignorance, I think I know what this is but just want to be sure.
>> "Spyglass" is what BMPRO used to reference the magnifying glass icon on the Winegard setup page on the controller that is used to list available Winegard WIFI networks.

>> The Winegard Connect App really doesn't factor into this problem whatsoever. The only reason I examined the Winegard Connect App is that I thought perhaps the method used in Winegard's app may mirror what the Jaycommand app on the wall mounted controller should be doing to change the internet source. My thinking at the time was if the Winegard Connect App doesn't successfully change the internet source on the gateway, then perhaps the software issue is on Winegard's end. However, Winegard's Connect App works flawlessly in this connection. I found it interesting that the Winegard Connect App requires the gateway admin password, but the Jaycommand controller never asks for the gateway's password during the setup process. Since changing the internet source seems to be an admin function, it seemed logical to me that the Jaycommand controller would need that password. When I raised that issue with BMPRO's technical support, they suggested I try both the WIFI password and admin password during the setup process on the controller. Only the WIFI password advanced the setup process; the admin password was not successful.

>> I never fiddled with the app on my phone since I was focused in getting the wall mounted controller to configure the Winegard gateway internet source.

>> This is an aspect I find most fuddling. Don't get me wrong -- I am happy that all of the other functionality is working, but I don't understand the "Fetching Info" hangup.

>> You are welcome -- thank you for so thoroughly reading what I provided and asking such great questions! Now that I know that my problem is not isolated and, in fact, it appears quite a few owners who recently received delivery of their BMPRO Jaycommand controlled rigs are having the same issue, I will reach out to BMPRO once again with this information and make them aware of this thread so that they may read these posts for themselves. Perhaps someone will be able to characterize the problem and provide technical expertise I don't have that may help BMPRO isolate the problem.
I had thought of doing the same, directing them to this thread, maybe a few others will chime in. It would seem very strange for all these new units to have a bad controller, although it is possible as well. Software would seem the most likely culprit, but even they are confused and blame it on the unit itself.
Old 09-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #17

I emailed BMPRO and explained my issue and then attached a link to this thread. Fingers crossed
Old 09-26-2021, 03:37 PM   #18

I have also e-mailed BMPRO with the link to this thread; hopefully, they figure it out!
Old 09-27-2021, 03:13 PM   #19

Quote:
I have also e-mailed BMPRO with the link to this thread; hopefully, they figure it out!

Well, here is their reply. Obviously they didn't go to the link. I did update the firmware today, for whatever reason Google would not update the App or even show it as installed until I went to the play store and brought it up. It then showed it installed and offered an update. Once done , it restarted Jaycommand and immediately went into the firmware update. It now shows the Auto Generator start feature available. Must find somewhere to read up on it.

BMPRO Customer Support (BMPRO USA)
Sep 28, 2021, 6:59 GMT+10
Hi,

We have tried to replicate his issue and it has been solved by basic troubleshooting in other cases. To begin troubleshooting, follow the steps below:

1. Please make sure the app/firmware is completely up to date on the wall mounted controller. I have attached helpful guide for updating.

2. Clear the app data. I have attached a help guide for this step.

3. If you are still getting stuck on fetching info, reset both the Winegard and the Jaycommand controller. I have attached a photo of the Jaycommand reset location, use a paperclip and press towards the screen for about 10 seconds until the option to restart the appears.
For Tech Tips and Videos Check out the YouTube Channel
Check out our new Lithium Battery Knowledge Centre - with all your lithium related questions answered!
The BMPRO FAQ page may have the answers you are looking for!
BMPRO Customer Service
Head Office – Australia
19 Henderson Rd, Knoxfield, Vic 3180
customerservice@teambmpro.com
USA Office
Unit 1, 821 E Windsor Ave, Elkhart, Indiana 46514
service@teambmpro.com
teambmpro.com

Attachment(s)
036280 - JAYCOMMAND Help Guide - Clearing App Data v1.0.pdf
034556 - JAYCOMMAND Help Guide - Updating App FW BYOD v1.0 (1).pdf
paperclip.jpg
Old 09-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #20

Quote:
I will start trying things here as you did. I am attaching something I found online on resetting the Winegard. Is this correct?

To return to factory default, press the reset button, located on the backside of the Gateway between the LED indicator and the Yellow cable connector #4, for 30 seconds.

Tags
bmpro, fetching info, jaycommand, winegard