Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2019, 10:30 PM   #1

Jaysmart system

Fellow campers. Does anyone on here have the new Jaysmart system, and if so, do you like it. The old switch panel was simple to use, so I need a little feedback on this before jumping in and ordering. I think the system is by BMPRO. Any help appreciated.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:20 AM   #2

I have it on my 321RSTS. I have only driveway camped in it so far, but I like it. It is Bluetooth Mesh, and essentially an Android tablet. You can connect to WiFi on it and download other apps if you really wanted to. This also allows you to control your rig from your phone without messing with your phone’s WiFi settings.

The only confusing part for me is the 4 preprogrammed buttons at the base of the tablet. They all have a lightbulb icon but one of them actually turns the water pump on/off. So I printed some labels and put them under each button.
Dealerproofed by Powerstroke Specialties
Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Airbags | Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
SB_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

SB, do all the functions, such as hot water heater, checking tank levels,etc. have to be controlled by the touch Panel? How about the lights? Are there redundant switches for all these? I understand that the slide outs and awnings have redundant switches. Also that the auto level can still be controlled outside or at the touchpad? I’m trying to develop a comfort level with the system, as we are an elderly couple, and not as technically inclined as the younger generation. We are computer literate as far as computers and iPad , however. Also, do you like the new hydraulic leveling system? Thanks for any info, I certainly appreciate it.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajuncamper View Post
SB, do all the functions, such as hot water heater, checking tank levels,etc. have to be controlled by the touch Panel? How about the lights? Are there redundant switches for all these? I understand that the slide outs and awnings have redundant switches. Also that the auto level can still be controlled outside or at the touchpad? I’m trying to develop a comfort level with the system, as we are an elderly couple, and not as technically inclined as the younger generation. We are computer literate as far as computers and iPad , however. Also, do you like the new hydraulic leveling system? Thanks for any info, I certainly appreciate it.

All functions can be controlled by the touch screen or your phone app. There is no mechanical switch panel anymore, so the only redundant switches are the 4 preprogrammed “light” buttons, the slide and awning control buttons, and the simple switch panel in the basement for auto leveling. If you can send messages to your grandkids on your phone then you can operate the system. It will be a short learning curve. Learning how to reboot the system when it goes dormant (from being in storage between trips) is not well documented but simple to do. I would ask that a technician spend time with you showing how to operate it, especially troubleshooting. My Eagle doesn’t have the hydraulic leveling system so I can’t comment on that.

Your generation has seen unimaginable leaps in technology, and I applaud your willingness to adapt and learn all along the way! Good luck, Cajuncamper!!
Old 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM   #5

How do you reboot the system? Came back to my Seismic after 4 days gone and the display screen is off. The buttons at the bottom have power and will turn lights on but the screen is blank

Thank you
Jsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsummit View Post
How do you reboot the system? Came back to my Seismic after 4 days gone and the display screen is off. The buttons at the bottom have power and will turn lights on but the screen is blank

Thank you

Cycle through the slide and awning selections until you see “OF” and then press EXT. This will reset the touch pad
Old 09-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #7

I ended up figuring it out but thank you for the reply! Appreciate it
Old 09-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #8

What you're telling us is that there is no manual over-ride for the system?

If your WiFi goes down, you have a dead system?

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #9

It doesn’t take WiFi to run or reboot
Old 09-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #10

Then let's suppose your BluTooth is out.. or both.
I can think of a number of things that could knock out local communications.

My question was - Are there no manual option for all the things the system controls?

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
Then let's suppose your BluTooth is out.. or both.

I can think of a number of things that could knock out local communications.

My question was - Are there no manual option for all the things the system controls?

Slide and awning functions are still able to be controlled directly (hard wire connection) using the row of buttons on the base of the control pad. This includes the 4 preprogrammed buttons for lights and water pump.

There are also lighting control pads located throughout the rig that do not rely on the touchscreen to work, although they are Bluetooth devices.

So the short answer is: if the tablet takes a dump for whatever reason, you are not stranded and can retract all your awnings and slides.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:26 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_James View Post
All functions can be controlled by the touch screen or your phone app. There is no mechanical switch panel anymore, so the only redundant switches are the 4 preprogrammed “light” buttons, the slide and awning control buttons, and the simple switch panel in the basement for auto leveling. If you can send messages to your grandkids on your phone then you can operate the system. It will be a short learning curve. Learning how to reboot the system when it goes dormant (from being in storage between trips) is not well documented but simple to do. I would ask that a technician spend time with you showing how to operate it, especially troubleshooting. My Eagle doesn’t have the hydraulic leveling system so I can’t comment on that.

Your generation has seen unimaginable leaps in technology, and I applaud your willingness to adapt and learn all along the way! Good luck, Cajuncamper!!
I have the 2020 pinnacle 36KPTS with BMPRO and do not like the setting on Temp. I can only lower it to 60 degrees. I find that very strange sometime before I put antifreeze in system I fun camper at night to keep from freezing and would like to sent temp. to day 45 and can't. I am a little upset about this setting. I called BMPRO and they told me that is what Jayco wanted?????????????????????????????? who's engineered these LOL
silverado 1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:07 PM   #13

Have it and don’t like it.
M_Strehle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:24 PM   #14

I just read a thread on another forum the other day about all these touch pads. In the thread it was said that electronic devices like this are advancing so fast that some of the first brands that came out are already unsupported by the manufacturer and considered obsolete. Somebody also said that manufacturers only have to have a parts supply available for 7 years.....so in the future, many coaches may be having to upgrade and bad obsolete system vs just having to replace a switch. I realize that they are based off of an Android tablet which is just software, but it’s the hardware you have to worry about. I have added Bluetooth modules to my jacks and awning BUT I can still do it manually if needed. I do love techy stuff but am glad I don’t have one of these systems to worry about going bad.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
.... I have added Bluetooth modules to my jacks and awning BUT I can still do it manually if needed...

This is interesting.
How does one add a bluetooth module? This would be useful perhaps in the basement.

Also - the thread subject states 'Jaysmart', which is actually the exterior running light management system. What we are all talking about here is the JayCommand system from BMPro. I rather like mine, however found it to be erratic a couple of times.

2020 North Point 387RDFS
modern farmhouse
2018 GMC Denali HD CC SRW Duramax L5P
Curt A20
Airlift 5000
Michelin Defender LTX M/S
Zs387RDFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #16

Yes, I have the JAYCOMMAND system in my 2021 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. I liked the system initially as it solved the issue i was having with the auto-level system. However now after successful heating our first night, the heater does not work. Instead when I activate the heat via the Jaycommand app or the touch pad on the wall, only the air conditioner fan comes on from the ceiling and no heat from the floor. Even though the app indicates that the heat is functioning. Sorry, I went on a bit of a rant. I have to bring my brand new rig back the dealership on 11/9. I'm hearing from others with this problem that's it is probably a software issue. So no, I'm not a fan of the Jaycommand system. Thanks for letting me bend your virtual ear. Bob & Sabra.
Evoman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:35 PM   #17

I do like it on 355mbqs! Only downfall and looking for options, while towing its intermittent to connect with the trailer. Is there a way to add on antenna so my Bluetooth will work? Where is it located (antenna)? I want to be able to use TPMS provided by JAYCO
Vezfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:05 PM   #18

Jay SMART?

Quote:
Fellow campers. Does anyone on here have the new Jaysmart system, and if so, do you like it. The old switch panel was simple to use, so I need a little feedback on this before jumping in and ordering. I think the system is by BMPRO. Any help appreciated.
I believe that what you are referring to is actually called JayCommand. JaySMART is for blinking the clearance and side marker lights. Mine is in the shop because that module is defective. I actually lost all lighting because of this. Dealer still has not located the module in the camper. We do not have JayCommand, but, would have loved to have it. It is a great system. But, I hope you can provide how you wire it in, as as I understand, these require additional wiring to make them work.
Spaceguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceguy85 View Post
I believe that what you are referring to is actually called JayCommand. JaySMART is for blinking the clearance and side marker lights. Mine is in the shop because that module is defective. I actually lost all lighting because of this. Dealer still has not located the module in the camper. We do not have JayCommand, but, would have loved to have it. It is a great system. But, I hope you can provide how you wire it in, as as I understand, these require additional wiring to make them work.
We have a 2022 Eagle 321RSTS 5th wheel with the Jaycommand system. It took some getting used to but the more we use it the more we like it. The system has a central device called a node that all the motors and lights connect to. I do not believe it can be retrofitted into a rig that wasn't equipped with it from the factory.
landmark573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 06:36 AM   #20

Quote:
I am not as young anymore either, but once you get the hang of it you will love it. Most of the lights have redundant switches throughout the unit. Example, the home theatre couches have a wall panel next to them to turn on/off lights pertinent to that particular area. They are throughout the entire unit. If you include the phone App, which is a must, you have three different ways to work the landing gear. The water pump on our Pinnacle can be controlled from 3 locations as well. We are new at the RV scene but so far have heard nothing but praise for the hydraulic system. Ours works great. The App allows you to sit anywhere away from the unit, as long as you have WiFi available, and controlled most of the features in the unit. Reminds me as a kid and automatic windows were introduced. Lots of folks saying never, they will break all the time.