Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2021, 03:30 PM   #1

Jimron

Trying to contact owners of pinnacle and Eagle 5th wheels with stress cracks at the front slid up. My trailer is 2017 Pinnacle and out side the factory warranty. The stress crake was discovered by a service tech at the dealer while addressing another issue. I was told the stress crack is very common with the pinnacle and Eagle faith wheels.
My dealer contacted Jayco requesting approval for warranty work for repair of the structural design the stress crack. The request was denied. I was told by my dealer that they have repaired approximately 50 trailers with this structural defect.
I plan to see what can be done to get Jayco to agree to repair our trailers.
Jimron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 04:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimron View Post
My trailer is 2017 Pinnacle and out side the factory warranty. The stress crake was discovered by a service tech at the dealer while addressing another issue.
There are numerous threads about the problem and JAYCO covered those under warranty or shortly after expiration, my 2015 included.

Your rig is almost 3 years out of warranty. I just had GM deny full coverage for defective chrome on a roof rack 90 days out of warranty. Which by the way, they replaced on the other side right after I bought the car.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #3

Isn't there a crossbar support kit out there that is suppose to reinforce and eliminate the cracking problems? I remember reading something awhile back and now can't find any info on it.. Does this kit actually fix the problem?
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:52 AM   #4

There is a TX dealer that gets dood reviews on this repair but I can’t remember name/location. I see you list Arlington as “home”, if it’s the one in TX it may work out for you. Can someone post the repair spot?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 04:53 PM   #5

Jimron

That’s Vogt RV in Fort Worth. I suspect if in Arlington that’s the dealer he’s been working with already.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote