Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-13-2019, 10:38 AM   #1

jspradlin

I own a 2016 Jayco Northpoint. I installed a new 4000 onan generator in the generator prepped compartment. I am receiving 120 volts from the generator. I wired ground to ground, white to white, and black to black, leaving a red wire from the camper disconnected. I am receiving no power to the ac breaker box. With the 5th-wheel which is generator prepped, do I need to do anything with the relay box? Would someone check their wiring to see if I have wired it correctly?
jspradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspradlin View Post
I own a 2016 Jayco Northpoint. I installed a new 4000 onan generator in the generator prepped compartment. I am receiving 120 volts from the generator. I wired ground to ground, white to white, and black to black, leaving a red wire from the camper disconnected. I am receiving no power to the ac breaker box. With the 5th-wheel which is generator prepped, do I need to do anything with the relay box? Would someone check their wiring to see if I have wired it correctly?
Connect generator black to RV black and red. Your transfer switch won't close with only one leg hot. The 4000 only has one output black. A 5500 would of had two. Black to black and black to red. 4000 is pretty small, should of installed a 5500. Does the 4000 need a vented compartment door? The 5500 does all it's cooling through the bottom.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #3

i just installed a jumper wire connecting the blk and red, was waiting to hear from someone to fire it up. was so glad i got your response the morning. it works great. thanks so much

james
jspradlin is offline   Reply With Quote