Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
JT Stongarm for Eagle HT

I am wanting to install these but notice that the spare tire could be in the way. Has anyone installed these & do I need to remove the spare tire & store in the basement? Thanks.
__________________

zackyboy3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tularockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queen Creek
Posts: 347
Another option for the spare is to buy a bumper mount and move it to the rear of the rig. The mount would clamp onto your rear bumper of your rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackyboy3rs View Post
I am wanting to install these but notice that the spare tire could be in the way. Has anyone installed these & do I need to remove the spare tire & store in the basement? Thanks.
__________________

__________________
U.S. Air Force (1979 to 1994)
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins Diesel)
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Rochester, MA
Posts: 378
Subscribing as I intend to install JT Strongarms (eventually)
__________________
Tom
2017 F250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.7L Power Stroke
2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS

Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
Another option for the spare is to buy a bumper mount and move it to the rear of the rig. The mount would clamp onto your rear bumper of your rig.
Yes that would work but I carry a storage box on the back already.
zackyboy3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Fenton
Posts: 86
I think I'm going to install the Hanscom Steadyfast on mine. The whole rig has only three arms and they should provide more leverage with the longer arms. I also like how they get tightened down vs the others. I also don't think it'll be an issue with the spare.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Le Sueur, MN
Posts: 102
I installed the JT Strong arms on my 23.5 rbs with no problems at all. They work very well.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gilmer, Texas
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I think I'm going to install the Hanscom Steadyfast on mine. The whole rig has only three arms and they should provide more leverage with the longer arms. I also like how they get tightened down vs the others. I also don't think it'll be an issue with the spare.
We have the Steadyfast and have been well pleased .
__________________

__________________
S.A.Young
2011 321RLTS
2012 Chevy duramax dually
poohbear is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.