Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #1

Jt strong arm help

2017 jayco eagle 29.5bhdd I will apologize if this has been covered. I’ve read a lot but nothing about placement of rear bars. I got the from installed huge difference. The back is equally important I have two small kids. Most things I’ve seen they go near the rear bumper my mind is it almost follows the same path as the rear electric stabilizers. I started to mount them down both sides front to back. Will this work? I put the attaching point on the frame already and the foot pad kit comes in tomorrow, so wondering if I drilled holes for nothing will it work and be better for the movement than bolting a cross bar between the stabilizer and bumper to mount them there. Sorry if this isn’t clear I’ve been reading and watching videos for two days now. Any and all help, tips, advice and ridicule welcome
VaCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:33 AM   #2

This is what I did and it worked perfect for me.

My kit came with 6 bars... I mounted 4 in the front and two in the back.

In the rear of the trailer, I put one front to back and one side to side to help stabilize it in both directions.

I did not use any extra angle iron or braces, and did not fasten to the bumper. I simply fastened one end to the frame where ever it fit.

I can't believe how much it stabilized my trailer.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:05 AM   #3

I just didn’t want to remove the underbelly and had a fear of hitting something. So that mad the difference for you? Mine came with six bars I just had time to stop and think about as my platted were shipped separate to extend the footpads. I mounted the brackets both frontwards. I have a piece of angle iron (literally just found 10 mins ago) I may do that. It sounds like you chose that route not forced like me. Did you try both in one direction and switch it around for better result? Thank you for your time and help
Old 07-21-2020, 05:31 AM   #4

If I had mounted them front to back I would not get any side to side support. All my arms are mounted under the outside rail of the trailer.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #5

If they’re both pointed front to back in the rear, they won’t help the side to side movement back there.

I have see them setup with 2 on the front road corner, one front to back on the front curb corner, 2 on the rear curb corner, and one front to back on the rear road corner.

I’ve also seen the setup with 4 on the front, and the other 2 on the same stabilizer(one each direction) in the rear.

I have some ordered. I think I’m actually going to put 4 in the rear. Kids sleeping back there in bunks, so that’s where most of the movement comes from.
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:15 AM   #6

That’s not a bad idea see if I can get two more and have four in the back. Yes the kids bunks is where the majority of the movement is. So in your opinion for now in back would you put road side from stabilizer to back or front then backside towards the front to help with the side to side then just add the other two in at later point. Thanks for the tips now it has me thinking
Old 07-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #7

Have had the JT on my last 2 tag along and last 2 FW. I have always mounted the back 2 to stop side to side movement. Each front will have 2 which will stop side, forward and back movement. They do not perform as well on a larger FW.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #8

If you want to eliminate 99% of all movement, look at www.therockstabilizer.com.
I put them on the rear of my FW and they are great. I have JT on the front.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
If you want to eliminate 99% of all movement, look at www.therockstabilizer.com.
I put them on the rear of my FW and they are great. I have JT on the front.

I think that this is the link your meant....
https://www.therockrvstabilizer.com/about

We bought the Andersen Jack Blocks (the red buckets), thinking they would reduce shake when, say running laundry, but they do not really. They do however provide other great benefits such as faster set-up and take-down and reduced jack travel/ wear.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote