Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #21

The schedule for our walk-thru and pickup was scheduled thru RVD not the Orlando dealer. The person I dealt with was pretty much unhelpful and unfriendly. I was very impressed with the walk-thru and pickup tho.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #22

We picked up our new rig yesterday - 23.5RBS. We arrived over an hour early to see if we could have a good look at it before our scheduled appointment. We were able to start our PDI right away, and we were on our way home much sooner than expected. I bet they could squeeze a few more deliveries in a day if they really wanted to. They were very busy, probably around 50 different rigs to get ready for delivery but I was told they only schedule 2 a day and only 1 on Mondays. If they would bump that up to 3 or 4 a day they could clear them out twice as fast. PDI went ok we found a few very obvious defects that need repair. But none serious and only took a couple minutes to fix. I was happy with our transaction with RV Direct and would recommend them to my friends. Just need to be patient during their busy season.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #23

highlife4me,

Great to hear you got your unit picked up and safely towed home. Are they still using that trucking terminal as their storage and PDI lot? THey were able to fix all the problems you found while you waited?
I called the guy from Des Moines RV who I had spoken with last year and he says they have no control over the scheduling for RVdirect. I would guess many of those units you saw were incoming units for Des Moines RV which is also owned by RV Direct. I'm pretty sure they prep all of there units at the same location.
Last I heard from Kris she was thinking I may be able to pick mine up by the end of the month but we shall see.
Have a great time getting yours shaken down.

Happy Campin'

Jr
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrmay25 View Post
highlife4me,
Are they still using that trucking terminal as their storage and PDI lot? THey were able to fix all the problems you found while you waited?
Lot is still in the same spot. They fixed all of the problems while we did our PDI. Wife and daughter have been "camping" in the driveway since it arrived home, and we haven't found any surprises yet.
highlife4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #25

Glad to hear your happy with everything. It won't be long and I'll be doing the same. Headed down this week to get our campsite all set up and ready.
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote