Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #41

We had our unit out last week and everything worked great. I do agree, the temps were in the upper 90's in Des Moines and the main unit had a bit of a time keeping up. However, once the shade moved in the unit cooled down. The outside fridge does not keep beverages very cold. All in all our first trip was a success.
ZooSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoredge178 View Post
Love ours overall! Back recliners are a pain with the passenger side slide; we've already had the chair (correctly latched in!) catch the trim on the slide and rip it mostly off... Also concerned with the 15K whisper quiet AC in the main cabin- it couldn't keep up last week in Missouri with outside temps ranging from 90-93; inside got up to around 80 degrees by 2pm and didn't subside until after 6pm when the sun hid behind the trees. Outdoor refer doesn't get very cold and doesn't have invertor like my last camper so you can't stock it with beer before traveling, unless you like hot beer that is. It also seems to trigger the GFCI in the kitchen; dealer says they've had 3 similar complaints and are investigating with Jayco. Seems to mainly happen when switching power sources (home to truck, truck to campsite). Anyone else seeing similar concerns?

Same thing here— GFCI trips often when hooking up. The dorm fridge doesn’t seem to get very cold— thinking of taking it out and using the space for storage. We always bring a cooler anyway.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 09:12 PM   #43

Camped 10 days in ours with no shade. 50amp so I could run both units. I did turn the bedroom a/c up so I could test out the main unit. It seemed to do just fine. I did have all the blinds mostly closed. It was 98 Saturday and Main cabin was 72. I am going to investigate the “sealing of the vents” suggestion. I’m getting puffs of sawdust at times that probably means there is air dumping in attic.

The large water tank was plenty for two of us all week. It rained 7” in 3days and I didn’t find any leaks.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooSax View Post
We had our unit out last week and everything worked great. I do agree, the temps were in the upper 90's in Des Moines and the main unit had a bit of a time keeping up. However, once the shade moved in the unit cooled down. The outside fridge does not keep beverages very cold. All in all our first trip was a success.
You might check the fridge. Ours keeps drinks colder than the inside fridge, even in 105F outside temps. And the thermostat will go colder but then the drinks freeze.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #45

I’ve been looking at this model- how well does the A/C cool the bunk room?

Our kids are always complaining about their bunk area being too warm in our current 28BHBE.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemf View Post
I’ve been looking at this model- how well does the A/C cool the bunk room?

Our kids are always complaining about their bunk area being too warm in our current 28BHBE.

We have a 2016 355MBQS, very similar layout.
To help with bunkroom cooling, I did two simple mods...

1. The furnace vent is in our bunkroom. I made a vinyl piece with velcro to seal the vent so hot basement air doesn't enter the room.
2. Above the door, I added a vent to allow air flow even with the door to the room shut.

With these 2 things done, the room stays fine temp wise in hot or cold weather.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #47

I will definitely check the outside fridge. Thanks
ZooSax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:02 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Pull your vents and tape the space with aluminum tape for ducting. You will see the area isn't sealed well at all. Lots of your cold air is going into the ceiling, not your living area.

After doing this, I can get 73-74 degrees in the sun in 98 degree outside, humid South Carolina with one AC running. With 2, i can get to 68 and both units cycle in the heat of the day.
Thanks for the tip, will try this out. Spent 4 days last week at Jetty park at Cape Canaveral with 94-97 outside temps & no shade and the main unit worked hard all day. Had a limited 30amp site so didn't have the option of running the bedroom AC. Otherwise, love our new 30.5 so far........
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:28 PM   #49

Congratulations! My wife and I orders the 2018 30.5MLOK in January 2018, we took delivery in May 2018. We ordered ours with the MOR/Ryde pin and suspension, solid countertops, cashmere decor, 12cu’ refer, on demand hot water, LED fireplace, frameless tinted glass, Stadium seating, the booth dinette, and the outside TV. So far so good, the mill work (cabinets & trim) are a little rough, they wired the refrigerator to a GFI outlet right above the sink, all of the outlets in the kitchen and outside are on the same circuit. If you’re taller than 5’6” watch your head getting out of the shower. The MOR/Ride is nice, the outside lighting is nice, I wish they had put a ceiling fan and/or a vent in the living area. I just swapped the junk - pushbutton fan they installed in the bathroom to a Maxxair deluxe 10 speed automatic fan. I also put a Maxxair smoked tinted cover over the bedroom vent. I also installed my XM radio in the outside TV compartment, and fed it through the Furrion 1220 entertainment system. All in all, nice camper, I do think they put some hacks in charge of the finish work, could have (should have) been done much better. Have fun!
Ianr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #50

I finally got a call from the dealer that the camper is complete and that is should ship in the next couple days with an ETA by the end of the week. That will put us at 13 weeks. Fingers crossed!
Nights Camped Last Year: 37
Each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:59 PM   #51

Well it finally arrived. Dealer is backed up so we won’t take delivery until Tuesday but we did a quick walkthrough today and things looked pretty good.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #52

Might want to take along a PDI check lists. We got in a hurry on our camper,nearly 3 years. Not all warranty complete! Thanks & Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDI Check List.PDF (695.2 KB, 12 views)
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #53

That’s great, thank you. I’ll merge that in with another one I was planning on using.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #54
JMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Each View Post
Well it finally arrived. Dealer is backed up so we won’t take delivery until Tuesday but we did a quick walkthrough today and things looked pretty good.
Please post pics of your interior. I can’t wait to see the modern farmhouse. We are still waiting for ours.
JMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:45 PM   #55

We ended up with the American Tradition interior. I saw some pictures online of other models with this interior and thought it looked terrible. It’s not my favorite but, seeing it in person, it’s not terrible. I still haven’t seen the modern farmhouse in person. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon so i’ll Try to get some pics uploaded in the next couple days.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #56

I’ll try to get some interior pics tomorrow but here’s the rig hooked up to my tow vehicle. Orbital pinbox proved very effective in my empty parking lot tests on the way home with it.
Attached Thumbnails
E4354E2F-1D3D-4499-B6A4-2720C326D4DF.jpg  
Old 07-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #57
JMB

I’m excited for you!!! How did your PDI go? Anything I should look for in specific? We go on Saturday for ours.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #58

A couple of the exterior cargo doors didn’t close correctly (quick fixes) and the Spray Port flap doesn’t secure. Everything else worked great. We take it on a week long trip on Friday so if we missed something I’m sure we’ll find it then!

Good luck with yours!
Old 07-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #59
JMB

Doing our PDI right now. Does yours come with the kitchen counter extension?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Yup, pop them out. You will find a plastic collar that is supposed to seal things. However, it does not as usually the holes are not cut straight.

I take the aluminum ducting tape, and seal the gap. I then remove the collar from the vent and reattach. You should notice an increase in air flow.

Also, at the 2 return vents for the whisper quite, open those up and seal them, too. I had large gaps there as well. That meant the unit was sucking in hot ceiling air to then have to cool.
So I popped the vents and used aluminum tape to seal. The cuts on my rig were pretty spot on except for one but it can’t hurt!

So on to next question on this matter- can I and where can I find a layout of the AC ducting?

Here’s what I figured out, and maybe most already know this. The 15K unit in the living room is ducted throughout the camper. When I went and shut the vents in my bathroom and bedroom (bunk room too if you want) in a matter of 10 minutes the temp in the living room cooled 3 degrees. I guess I’m getting a lot more air from closing all those vents.

So is the 13.5K in the bedroom not tied into the ducting? Is it just the dumps on the unit? This is what I’m thinking.
Razoredge178 is offline   Reply With Quote