Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2017, 06:03 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
It's like a big cup of water spilled.
But it will be a lot of water if you accidentally leave the pump on with water in the tank.

It was like a giant cup of water spilled our first time out. My wife had to have those covers on and I didn't think a thing about it and left the pump on. When we stopped for a break after a couple of hours the sink was running a very healthy stream of water and we had a huge mess to clean up. The bottom trim around the sink island was already soaking up the water and we now have permanent scars from that excursion. We no longer tow with the covers on and always check to be sure the pump is off while we are on the move. Lesson learned . . .
Harold Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 AM   #42

Glad you guys made it back ok! Sorry it was a short visit, seeing you guys pull away made me anxious to de-winterize the TT. If we make it up North this season we will look you guys up.

Sorry Camping World lived up to their less than stellar customer service again. I was hoping I would be wrong, but based on my own experience I'm not shocked.
Everyone there seems nice but I don't think anyone talks to each other in that place. Lot of lost communication and empty promises in our deal with that store.

Was great to meet a forum member in person!
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #43

Quote:
But it will be a lot of water if you accidentally leave the pump on with water in the tank.
The covers are nice. They fit really well, but are heavy.
You answer about your brakes will be shown to my dealer.
If you go under the rig exploring, and remember, can you take a picture of your axel tag for me please.
No Problem, I will try to get under there tomorrow depending on what time I get home, if not will get it done over the weekend.

That's about what I figured with the Faucet.

I did some more looking around the trailer this morning before I left for work and found the sink covers under the stove
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
gman03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
Glad you guys made it back ok! Sorry it was a short visit, seeing you guys pull away made me anxious to de-winterize the TT. If we make it up North this season we will look you guys up.

Sorry Camping World lived up to their less than stellar customer service again. I was hoping I would be wrong, but based on my own experience I'm not shocked.
Everyone there seems nice but I don't think anyone talks to each other in that place. Lot of lost communication and empty promises in our deal with that store.

Was great to meet a forum member in person!
I was really hoping for better from them, and will be talking to the General Manager within the next week to let them know about the unit not be ready on Monday, the couple of issues that need to be taken care of, and lack of communication between Departments which really gives them a bad name.

I made sure they re-winterized the unit after I checked out the water heater and plumbing. Had a wind chill up here last night around 10 degrees. Hoping to be able to de-winterize around the middle of April, and get it loaded up to bring to the Seasonal site by the end of April.

If you know ahead a time, let me know and I will try to get you a site in our Campground so we can actually get to know each other a little better.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #45

Earl,

Rhone's RV was great!! Everything they promised on , they delivered. We drove down and did a Hotel that night, next morning went to Rhone's RV. They had the trailer all Cleaned, Detailed, the PDI went smooth with no issues coming up. We were buying the same floor plan again, so new everything about the trailer, it was just a couple of years newer.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Pittman View Post
It was like a giant cup of water spilled our first time out. My wife had to have those covers on and I didn't think a thing about it and left the pump on. When we stopped for a break after a couple of hours the sink was running a very healthy stream of water and we had a huge mess to clean up. The bottom trim around the sink island was already soaking up the water and we now have permanent scars from that excursion. We no longer tow with the covers on and always check to be sure the pump is off while we are on the move. Lesson learned . . .
I can imagine the mess it made with the water flowing.

Have you tried putting a couple of Rubber Bands around the faucet and the Handle to make sure that it stays closed?
Old 03-23-2017, 04:55 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman03842 View Post
Earl,

Rhone's RV was great!! Everything they promised on , they delivered. We drove down and did a Hotel that night, next morning went to Rhone's RV. They had the trailer all Cleaned, Detailed, the PDI went smooth with no issues coming up. We were buying the same floor plan again, so new everything about the trailer, it was just a couple of years newer.
Great. Those guys are nice. We deal with Guy. He's always catered to us from the start. That's why we choose them even though they are 3 hours away. Our local (25 mins away) dealer sucks badly for sales and service.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:05 AM   #48

Quote:
The covers are nice. They fit really well, but are heavy.
You answer about your brakes will be shown to my dealer.
If you go under the rig exploring, and remember, can you take a picture of your axel tag for me please.
Sorry it took me a little while to get this picture and information for you Klassic. The North Point is on my lawn and it finally dried up enough to crawl under and not get soaked. Seems like it has been raining almost every day since I got back.

I did find the sink covers under the fridge which was good.
Attached Thumbnails
20170330_113952.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 10:38 AM   #49

Thanks gman.
Same axel. Yours built 8 months later.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #50

Your welcome, Not surprised that they are the same axle. Not quite sure why the Brakes on mind would be fine, when a lot of the other North Points have bad brakes.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #51

I still can't figure out how the axel numbers work. Tom has a 377 and has the same axel number. I crawled around the dealers lot and saw a bunch of different numbers on north points and pinnacles
Old 03-30-2017, 12:31 PM   #52

Numbers are different depending on hub face to hub face, spring perch centers, over or under slung, weight capacity, options.

Email your axle number to Lippert asking what your axle specs are and they will tell you the specs.

Earl
Old 03-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
Numbers are different depending on hub face to hub face, spring perch centers, over or under slung, weight capacity, options.

Email your axle number to Lippert asking what your axle specs are and they will tell you the specs.

Earl
Thanks Earl. That makes more sense now.
I guess I got the poor brake option on my axel. lol!
Old 03-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #54

Quote:
I sure am Glad that that Camping World did not check that box on the Option sheet. LOL
Old 03-31-2017, 04:45 AM   #55

Quote:
You got the china seal leak grease all over the brakes option. Lol

Earl
Old 03-31-2017, 08:25 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Earl View Post
You got the china seal leak grease all over the brakes option. Lol

Earl
Did it cost extra?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:32 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Did it cost extra?
Lol... actually it did cost extra. My rig has been sitting at the dealer for the last 5 months waiting for this to be resolved.
Amongst some other repairs
But the time I have put into this brake thing. Testing..getting my neighbor to pull my trailer...the dealer hookimg up their truck to pull it...me crawling underneath over and over
Talking on here about it.
The biggest cost with this brake thing is it pushed me into buying my 2017 truck. I just had to eliminate the potential for my old truck being the problem.
Oh well...new truck
Old 03-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #58

Quote:
Lol... actually it did cost extra. My rig has been sitting at the dealer for the last 5 months waiting for this to be resolved.
Amongst some other repairs
But the time I have put into this brake thing. Testing..getting my neighbor to pull my trailer...the dealer hookimg up their truck to pull it...me crawling underneath over and over
Talking on here about it.
The biggest cost with this brake thing is it pushed me into buying my 2017 truck. I just had to eliminate the potential for my old truck being the problem.
Oh well...new truck
Why didn't the dealer visually inspect the brakes?? First steps in any brake performance issue. Visually inspect and check adjustment.

Earl
Old 03-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #59

I don't know.
Maybe they had a jr mechanic look at it and he said it was fine. Maybe they only took one wheel off because it was new and said it was fine. Everyone is real quick to blame the truck.
I haven't had it here long enough to take it apart myself. That was my next step. But they are getting me new brakes now.
Maybe they won't put them on. Lol!!
Old 03-31-2017, 10:36 PM   #60

Greg,
If your deposit is refundable, I'd give Indiana RV Connection a call. I live in Kansas and my wife and I were going to order a new 2017 from there. I found a repo in the model were wanting. A Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS. Indiana RV was wanting $38,500.00 loaded. I found a 2016 repo for 30k. The stove hadn't even been used. The person only had it for about 6 months. We saved $8500.00, I love the money we saved and my wife loves her new camper. The only draw back is we don't get the 2 year warranty. It h d an issue with the bathroom exhaust vent housing cracking. That's another story.....
Good luck Greg with your adventure!!
Chris
Chrisb-24 is offline   Reply With Quote