Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #21

I also have a Pinnacle 2018, and my refer will be replaced next week at dealers. They tell me it will fit through the door as long as the refer doors are removed. I am told the island does not have to be removed. I have a whirlpool refer and whirlpool has agreed to pay the labor
rkkeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeely View Post
I also have a Pinnacle 2018, and my refer will be replaced next week at dealers. They tell me it will fit through the door as long as the refer doors are removed. I am told the island does not have to be removed. I have a whirlpool refer and whirlpool has agreed to pay the labor
The point is.... this should NOT happen, especially on a 2018, residential fridges do not belong in a RV that bounces down the road, and is subject to a lot of jolts and bangs. I have never had an issue with my standard RV fridge in 12 years and 3 rigs, I am thinking the other poster was correct in predicting a lot of unhappy owners in 2-5 years (or sooner), I will stick with what is reliable.
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
I asked my dealer the same question when I purchased my 2019 321RSTS. He told me you need to remove the frig doors and then it can be removed out the RV door. My big concern is what if it needs service? No room to slide it out and work on it with the island in the way.
Most should come out this way.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHV_FRK View Post
Most should come out this way.
I'm surprised that Whilrpool agrees to pay for labor to remove a fridge from an RV. I wonder if these residential fridges are designed to take the beating and or if they are solid state enough that it doesn't matter. AKA is this really a fridge that you find in Sears.. errrr I mean what ever store in your area that hasn't closed down. Or if they are special.

But it does sound obvious that Jayco and the Fridge manufacturer are in agreement with these units in RVs.
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipinSC View Post
I asked my dealer the same question when I purchased my 2019 321RSTS. He told me you need to remove the frig doors and then it can be removed out the RV door. My big concern is what if it needs service? No room to slide it out and work on it with the island in the way.
I lived through the residential frig repair fiasco ... THREE times on the same frig, in less than 12 months. Won't go into a tirade here about diagnosing the problem right the first time; or about the futility of trying to get Whirlpool to replace it under warranty. Anyway, my island is also in the way - had to have it removed and frig pulled out (service appt 1), then repaired frig (service appt 2 -- had to be a different repair company due to warranties), then had frig and island put back (service appt 3). All that 3 times. I measured the frig when pulled out, and confirmed that I CAN take its doors off and remove frig through the entry door in my Pinnacle if necessary. Probably same in some Northpoints. My advice: don't settle for a compressor replacement. Ensure they check the evaporator for leaks also.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:54 PM   #26

Is is a bit stripped down and does have some unique things but I think fridges are pretty solid in general. Beyond the initial quality control I think the bigger deal is not running them enough. Keeping the lubrication circulating and seals in good shape.
CHV_FRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:47 AM   #27

i was told they have to take off a side panel. But when I looked at our fridge I am like well maybe it can go thru the door? Or thru an window? I did look at a you tube video and it looked simple enough. Maybe? Hope I never encounter this one even though I really do not like the design of our fridge I can live with it. Good question.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote