Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I always write things down. At my age, my memory, which was never great, is shot. What were we talking about? Oh, yeah. I also always have a camera with me in my purse or pocket and I take pictures of everything, even labels. It serves as a great portable scanner. If I know I'm going to take pictures, I also take my big camera and external flash with me.
Yeah - I always have my phone with me and take pics of what I want to remember. Like you - I also have a .pdf document scanner app that works great! Kind of like the ole James Bond spy camera I was so tired and Mindy was ready to go, I just didn't do it....oh well...

If one of you folks with the fancy door would look at the inside and give us the maker we would appreciate it!

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #22

I have to say I was intrigued by this and sorry I missed the option in the 2011 model, but I did get a SS sink so it's the old fashioned key for us. In looking into this mod and based on the relatively low production it seems that the one being used on the Jayco is manufactured by Tri-mark. At least it looks like they make a majority of the hardware found on my rig. Plus the picture in the earlier post looks exactly like the keypad on their site.

I can't find it anywhere for sale outside being a manufacturer and it seems to be a fairly complex mod for installing on an exisiting keyed lock without a powered actuator. But for those of you that might want to try here is the link.

http://www.trimarkcorp.com

There's always the next one's must have list...you think you thought of everything but every year there's a new thing...

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #23

I orderd it on mine. One of the best options available.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 AM   #24

It came on my new 31.5RLTS but I am not so sure about going out and locking the door without having access to a key. If it happens to fail you might have a problem. I have keyless entry on my 2004 F350 which has proven to be reliable but I always have the key with me in case it does fail.
rbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrumfield View Post
It came on my new 31.5RLTS but I am not so sure about going out and locking the door without having access to a key. If it happens to fail you might have a problem. I have keyless entry on my 2004 F350 which has proven to be reliable but I always have the key with me in case it does fail.
I have the keyless entry pad on my '08 F150 and I think I've used all of two times when I locked myself out. It's worth having even if only for that purpose. For that reason alone, I'm going to get it when I pull the trigger on the Eagle TT I want to get.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I have the keyless entry pad on my '08 F150 and I think I've used all of two times when I locked myself out. It's worth having even if only for that purpose. For that reason alone, I'm going to get it when I pull the trigger on the Eagle TT I want to get.
I use the keyless entry on my truck all the time and I am starting to use it on the Jayco. I still try to have m keys available for either unit though.
rbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #27

I have one and it doesn't work.. you have to remove the panel and put the yellow wire to the black wire and get a beep to indicate that you can put in a new access code but it wont even beep or light up.. not good for cold weather i guess.
Trizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #28

It is battery operated. On the inside of the door, where the inside "grab handle", there is a battery cover that is screwed down. I believe it would be possible to add one aftermarket. I just picked mine up and don't know for sure yet. I remember a brand name on the handle, but don't recall what it was. We are iced in at 15 degrees or I'd run out and check it. Will post again tomorrow with more info. I do know my dealership told me it was a good idea to hide a key somewhere just in case. Also it only locks the deadbolt. I love the option so far.
Tgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #29

The 2014 model keyless locks are made by Bauer.

http://www.bauerproducts.com/
Jrmay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #30

If its the one made by Bauer then yes there is a low battery indicator light plus the locks have a key overider.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #31

Kitty and I love the keyless entry. Beats the heck out of a key.

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #32

I have the Bauer keyless pad on my 2013 Eagle Premier. We really like it and use it all the time instead of a key. However, when I tried it this winter one day when it was below zero it would not unlock the door. Later in the day after the sun had been hitting it for several hours, I tried it again and the keypad worked.

djalbrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #33

Our 2013 Jayco included this feature, but we always seem to be changing the batteries. We also notice during cold climate, the pad stop responding... we might need to have it checked out by the dealer...dunno...hmmm

Traveling the US full-time
The Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers227 View Post
Our 2013 Jayco included this feature, but we always seem to be changing the batteries. We also notice during cold climate, the pad stop responding... we might need to have it checked out by the dealer...dunno...hmmm
Keyless was included on my 2014. They keypad ( collection of digits) is in hibernation until you touch the frame of the lock, then wakes up. I'm assuming it's sensing the heat from your touch, as the buttons themselves are not mechanical ( they don't depress, move, click, etc....) so in very cold temp, I can see them becoming less responsive. Mine takes 4 AAs and is fully programmable to any 4 digit code you want , but they are also dual number buttons ( the 1 & 2 are the same button, and so forth ) so you really have half the number of possible combinations.

Still love it!

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote