Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #1

Keyless entry

I bet this has been cover many times on here. Our new 31.5 FBHS has keyless entry. Does anyone also have keyless entry? How did you change the code? Kitty and I read the manual...we think!!!!! If I understand it, There is an "Authorization Code" and an "Access Code". The factory puts in the Authorization code and the dealer puts in a standard access code. To change the "access code" I have to know the "Authorization Code". If I don't know the "Authorization Code", I have to remove the touch pad and ground a wire, then enter my own personal "Authorization code" then change the "Access Code" to one I choose, and I can assign up to 5 different "Access Codes"

Am I understanding the instructions correctly?

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #2

Good question.

Have thought about changing but use to what already is programmed in.

Will have to look at the manual...maybe later this week when we are camping and having a 'cool one'.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's, Sailun G's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #3

I think we need to change the code in ours too. I read the manual and it looked like a nightmare to me, I just kinda keep putting it off.
Farmer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #4

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
after we took delivery of ours I attempted to change the codes but there was no response from the keypad. After a month in the local dealers and 2 techs attempt to fix it I told them to forget it, I needed the trailer. When I got it home and fixed it myself in under 10 minutes. There was a loose wire in the door jam contact pad.

Changing the codes is not as bad as you may be thinking, just go step by step and it will work just as the instructions state.

I wasn't a big fan of the keyless thing but I can tell you now that we have been out a few times since I fixed it that it's a great thing to have. Just remember to keep your keys with you in case your battery should go down while you're away from the trailer.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Cox View Post
I bet this has been cover many times on here. Our new 31.5 FBHS has keyless entry. Does anyone also have keyless entry? How did you change the code? Kitty and I read the manual...we think!!!!! If I understand it, There is an "Authorization Code" and an "Access Code". The factory puts in the Authorization code and the dealer puts in a standard access code. To change the "access code" I have to know the "Authorization Code". If I don't know the "Authorization Code", I have to remove the touch pad and ground a wire, then enter my own personal "Authorization code" then change the "Access Code" to one I choose, and I can assign up to 5 different "Access Codes"

Am I understanding the instructions correctly?

Shorty
I have that on my unit. According to the documentation that came with mine the factory authoirization code is 77777 and the factory access code is 12345. You hold the 5/6 button for 3 or 5 seconds until you hear two beeps. Then you enter 77777 and then you can change your access code. They recommend that you change the authorization code as well but like you read you have to take it out and strip a wire and ground it for a few seconds to change that code.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #6

I changed mine, was easy. There is a yellow wire you short with the black wire until you hear a beep like the manual says. When you change the authorization code you can use that as an access code to unlock the door, I then put an access code in as well for the wife.

If you don't change it then anyone walking by with any knowledge of these systems can just walk into your trailer, when the trailer is in storage I turn the master switch I installed within the trailer off so that no one can use the keyless entry to gain access to my trailer. It is not a very secure system in my opinion but very handy when your are headed to the beach and don't want to carry keys around with you.

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #7

Thanks to all for your input. As soon as I get time, I plan attempt to change both Authorization code and Access code to codes of my choosing.

I will let you know how it turns out.

Shorty
Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #8

I just got my 31.5 FBHS with keyless entry yesterday and this keypad thing is crazy... I removed the access panel and I see are batteries falling on me. Where are these wires you have to ground? Do you actually have to take the whole door panel apart? Jayco should take a lesson from Ford for user friendliness...
RobSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #9

Okay, since I posted that last message I completely took apart the door handle to find a yellow wire and there wasn't any. My keypad is part of the door latch, and removing the back means the keypad on the outside of the door comes off too, latch and all. This keypad does not seem to be the model the instructions are written for. Inside on the metal cover is a "Dexter" sticker but even searching for that yields nothing. Can anyone help me?

The keypad is payed out vertically, 1/2 3/4 5/6 7/8 * from top to bottom. There is no 9/0 key... And the instructions say the default code is 1 3 5 7 9...
RobSpook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #10

In the 2013 White Hawk manual, there was a revision to the battery operated keyless entry.
Go to this link: http://www.jayco.com/pages/products/owners-manual/
section 4-11 and see if that one looks like yours.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #11

I'm sorry for not getting back to this thread. Kitty and I changed ours back in the summer while on a trip. It is easy, just follow the instructions. Only problem we encountered is "me doing the work" while Kitty "read the instructions"!!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #12

Looks like we all NOW know the codes to open the door now using factory settings haha... Seems like a challenge for those who have to change from the factory settings... hmmm haha...

Now everyone has to change from the factory settings which is a good thing maybe...

My 2010 truck came with the push button keypad on the door. I probably would not have ever added or requested this option but since I have used one now for awhile it is certainly the thing to have. I never worry about locking my keys inside any more... I probably would really like having the keypad on the trailer door as well...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 PM   #13

The Keyless lock is great. Kitty and I love it. Push a button and it locks, push a code and the door opens. No key to hassle with.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #14

I tried to get it on my Whitehawk because i read about it the the 2013 whitehawk manual, but the dealer said it is not an option on the whitehawk's. Bummer! May have to look into an aftermarket one.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote