Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2019, 12:46 PM   #21

I say a sleep number, thats what we have in the house and one will be going in the WhiteHawk next summer.
eodcoduto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:10 PM   #22

King Mattress

Sleep Number works great. Can easily let air out if needed when closed. We have in our Precept. They also offer veterans discount
Rconhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:05 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by maejoicer View Post
Can anyone give me recommendations for a "good" King size mattress? Of course the one that came with the trailer is awful....like cardboard and I was hoping to use the one I had in the house (we are transitioning to the RV) and it is a wee bit larger the RV was 72" wide and mine is 76" wide I could cram it in there but the overhang makes it a little difficult to get around

Am looking for a Latex mattress not memory foam.....Thanks

Ro
We put in a sleep number airbed from Camping World. Called an RV King. Best night's sleep ever. Better than my memory foam bed at home.
anchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:58 PM   #24
L&G

Foam Factory

We just replaced our short queen mattress with a foam mattress from the Foam Factory. Great service and prices. I like memory foam and we already had a memory foam topper so I ordered a 6" foam mattress and we put our memory foam topper on top of the foam base. Buying a standard size was a lot cheaper than custom ordering a short queen so we just cut off the extra 5" ourselves. You can buy their foam mattresses with or without a cover. I chose without and I'm glad I did because the memory foam topper grips on top of the plain foam where it used to slide off the old covered mattress. I did put a fitted sheet on the bottom of the new foam mattress to protect it from the plywood base and I put a fitted mattress pad on the top that covers the memory foam and the new foam base. What a difference! No more feeling like my hips are grinding on plywood.

I checked and they do have latex foam mattresses.

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/mattr...xmattress.html
L&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #25

We ripped that POS out and replaced with a serta. Just like the house. It is a little high but we have adjusted to that and we sleep like babies
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #26

Upon taking delivery of our 23RB, my wife and I immediately ordered a Mattress Insider, 8" Natural Latex RV Mattress with Organic Cotton and a matching mattress encasement from them. We are very happy with the choice, this mattress is more comfortable for me than the mattress is our home. The size mattress that would fit in our coach is 60 x 75, any longer encroaches on movement around the bed but we aren't tall folks though, 5'8' and 5'4".
nko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:57 PM   #27

we have the pinnacle mattress and put a 1 inch foam under it that did the trick for us. in top is too mushy
Joetker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:34 PM   #28

We ditched our Simmons RV King(Luxury)mattress in our Eagle 38 RETS. It didn't hold up but a few months. Went for the king Leesa mattress. Comes in a box and sleeps like a baby.
Karlacombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #29

Our mattress felt like we were sleeping on straight plywood, so we added a 3-4” memory foam topper. It is now more comfortable than my expensive mattress at home. Another thing about adding the topper is when your putting sheets on the bed you can make the topper without struggling with big mattress.
Vera24640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:32 AM   #30
L&G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera24640 View Post
Our mattress felt like we were sleeping on straight plywood, so we added a 3-4” memory foam topper. It is now more comfortable than my expensive mattress at home. Another thing about adding the topper is when your putting sheets on the bed you can make the topper without struggling with big mattress.
I totally agree With you about putting the sheet on the topper only. Our mattress is wedged between the two nightstands and it is way too hard to get a sheet down there so I do what you do and put the fitted sheet on the topper.

I do the same thing at home because we have this really deep mattress that weighs a ton and a topper. It is so much easier to just put the fitted sheet on the topper.
L&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:40 AM   #31

We went thru Wal Mart and got a nice one on line. Its an all in one mattress. I love it. Sleeps great. I think we paid 150 for it. After I bought our TT I took one look at that mattress and thought I am not sleeping on that thing. The bunk beds have great mattresses but I have no idea why but the main one sucked.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Joan and I must be the only RV'ers in the Free World that really don't mind the stock mattress in our rig. We sleep like babies even with four dogs and a couple of cats piled on. Either we are some kind of orthopedic mutants or the old mattress in our sticks and bricks house was really that bad.
haha - We have a sleep number at home but for a couple weeks at a time outings our stock 4" Denver foam mattress, little smaller than a queen, is plenty comfortable for wife and me and 60 pound hound. Maybe still recalling 50 years of tent camping with 1/2" foam and later self-inflating mattress pads. : )
Hollander Mutthaulers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #33

Another vote for Sleep Number!! Wife and I love it!
LeonDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #34

Double check the outlet mattress manufacturers stores. They handle extras from large purchase stores & hotel accounts. We went through mattress toppers etc & finally figured out that a King Size “Hotel” model was actually the correct size. They are a few inches shorter than a regular King Size and fit our 2018 NP perfect. We found a $4,000 brand new Simmons Black Label “Hotel King” for $300 at the Simmons Factory Outlet in Atlanta Ga.
450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #35

Our 2014 38FLFS Pinnacle came with a Denver King foam mattress. Within 3 mos. it was terrible. Contacted Jayco. They offered to replace it with a new one of the same kind. We said no thanks. They offered $400.00 for the old one and we agreed.
Checked with the local dealers and wanted an innerspring one. They wanted $1299.00 for a King Simmons 1029 coil, Beauty Rest. I checked online and got the same mattress for $499.00 including shipping. We bought that one. It was 76 X 80. It was 4 inches wider but it worked fine. Quick delivery.

When we traded for a 2016 38FLSA Pinnacle we told the dealer to keep the new foam one and moved the innerspring into the new unit. It is still very comfortable. Would do it again. Their phone number is 1-800-mattress and their web site is [url]https://www.1800mattress.com/ in case you are interested.
2018 GMC Sierra Denalli 4WD 1T CC Dually Duramax/Allison Nav Sys,-Sun Roof-On Star-XM Radio
serfas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #36

We are are also happy with ours on the 2019 Pinnacle 32RLTS. It's more comfortable than our gel foam mattress at home.
tfoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:54 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nko2000 View Post
Upon taking delivery of our 23RB, my wife and I immediately ordered a Mattress Insider, 8" Natural Latex RV Mattress with Organic Cotton and a matching mattress encasement from them. We are very happy with the choice, this mattress is more comfortable for me than the mattress is our home. The size mattress that would fit in our coach is 60 x 75, any longer encroaches on movement around the bed but we aren't tall folks though, 5'8' and 5'4".
After an extensive search, I ordered the RV King from Mattress Insider, should be here tomorrow....fingers crossed that it is comfortable. It is so hard to go from a mattress that you are used to to a brand new one!

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #38

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. So, many different options and cost considerations. I hope I made the right one!

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:37 PM   #39

[QUOTE=maejoicer;798648]Can anyone give me recommendations for a "good" King size mattress? Of course the one that came with the trailer is awful....like cardboard and I was hoping to use the one I had in the house (we are transitioning to the RV) and it is a wee bit larger the RV was 72" wide and mine is 76" wide I could cram it in there but the overhang makes it a little difficult to get around

Am looking for a Latex mattress not memory foam.....Thanks

Ro[/QUOTE Look on over stock .com you can order all kinds even king short for rvs that's where we ordered ours good deals
Wezee is offline   Reply With Quote