Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #1

Post King Size bed

Can anyone give me recommendations for a "good" King size mattress? Of course the one that came with the trailer is awful....like cardboard and I was hoping to use the one I had in the house (we are transitioning to the RV) and it is a wee bit larger the RV was 72" wide and mine is 76" wide I could cram it in there but the overhang makes it a little difficult to get around

Am looking for a Latex mattress not memory foam.....Thanks

Ro

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Your size is called a California King. Zinus is one choice, and they offer a 12" or 14" thick mattress. I'm sure there are other brands, also.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #3

Sleep Number has them for the rv rounded corners. My choice.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:02 PM   #4

Thanks, I will look into that. The head of the bed fits in the slide out, no corners thank goodness

Old 10-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #5

We have the same king size bed. Went to Sams and got their 3” memory foam topper. This bed is more comfortable than the one we have in our house.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:29 PM   #6

Mattress Topper

Sleep Innovations Gel Memory Foam 4-inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper, Made in The USA with a 10-Year Warranty - King Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CEMH4GK..._d-PLDbARZ348T

We put this on our Jayco supplied mattress, fantastic. Cheaper than buying a new one.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:59 AM   #7

Joan and I must be the only RV'ers in the Free World that really don't mind the stock mattress in our rig. We sleep like babies even with four dogs and a couple of cats piled on. Either we are some kind of orthopedic mutants or the old mattress in our sticks and bricks house was really that bad.
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:36 AM   #8

Sleep number is available for RV too.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Joan and I must be the only RV'ers in the Free World that really don't mind the stock mattress in our rig. We sleep like babies even with four dogs and a couple of cats piled on. Either we are some kind of orthopedic mutants or the old mattress in our sticks and bricks house was really that bad.
Angus, same here. The mattress in our North Point was horrible and we just assumed the one in our Pinnacle was going to be just has bad...........NOT! It is very comfortable and will not be replacing it until it wears out.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:37 AM   #10

Do you know what brand and type of mattress yours has? Thanks

Old 10-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #11

You have a RV King which is 72"x 80". Nothing fits right except sheets and toppers made for RV King. We bought a 4" foam topper from Costco 4 years ago. It is very comfortable except it moves and is a little heavy to move back in place. We had to cut the extra 4" width off the standard king topper mattress so the sheets fit. We have a Denver mattress from hat came with the RV which also unacceptable without the topper.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
Sleep number is available for RV too.

The Matress in the 36SSWS and I assume all Pinnacles is a upgrated matress. When we went to the RV Show we laid on a lot of mattresses. The one in the 36SSWS Pinnicle that we ended up baying was by far the most comfortable one there. That and the size of the bed room is what sold us on it.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
The Matress in the 36SSWS and I assume all Pinnacles is a upgrated matress. When we went to the RV Show we laid on a lot of mattresses. The one in the 36SSWS Pinnicle that we ended up baying was by far the most comfortable one there. That and the size of the bed room is what sold us on it.
I wish ours had an upgraded mattress...do you know what brand yours is?

Old 10-06-2019, 05:57 PM   #14

Jayco Luxury Sleep Package Simmons Residential Foam Top Mattress. It's part of the Pinnicle Luxuary Package. It's a really nice matress.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:37 PM   #15

We tried the Sams topper and helped a month and back to dips and holes so to speak. So went to Sams and bought the Serta bed in a box on sale for 100.00 off. Opened it last night and watched in amazement how it grew from maybe an inch thick to I believe 8 inches. Haven’t slept on it yet but will this week and will report back. Wife Laid on it a few and had a big smile so must be ok until real test
Weighs a lot and way easier than wrestling a king in any other way than a bed in box.
JayBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
Sleep Number has them for the rv rounded corners. My choice.
X2. I have had my Sleep Number RV Radius King for 9 years now.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #17

Suggestion: Wilderness RV Mattress Company

Our 2016 Jayco 36FBTS stock mattress did not last a season before getting the dreaded grove/slumps. After extensive research, we purchased the Wilderness RV Montana Hybrid 72"x 80" (RV King) which is their top of the line mattress that retails for $892.00. We quickly found an additional 10% discount code online or call them direct for the discount. Wilderness RV Mattress company specializes in RV mattress - they offer all the weird sizes you find in RVs. The Montana Hybrid uses a combination of memory foam layers and also support coils. It does not heat up like many if the all memory foam mattresses.
It comes in three comfort/support options- Soft/Pillowtop, Plush and Firm. Of course, my wife likes her mattress soft and I like firm so the Wilderness folks recommended the Plush and we both love the comfort and feel of the mattress.
The mattress is shiiped vaccumed sealed in plastic and the box easily fit through our RV door. (Unpack it in the bedroom!)
Only regret is that we waited so long to dump the stock Jayco supplied mattress. https://wildernessrvmattress.com/
Carnation, Washington
Dogrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBees View Post
We tried the Sams topper and helped a month and back to dips and holes so to speak. So went to Sams and bought the Serta bed in a box on sale for 100.00 off. Opened it last night and watched in amazement how it grew from maybe an inch thick to I believe 8 inches. Haven’t slept on it yet but will this week and will report back. Wife Laid on it a few and had a big smile so must be ok until real test
Weighs a lot and way easier than wrestling a king in any other way than a bed in box.
Good to know....thanks!

Old 10-07-2019, 05:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogrunr View Post
Our 2016 Jayco 36FBTS stock mattress did not last a season before getting the dreaded grove/slumps. After extensive research, we purchased the Wilderness RV Montana Hybrid 72"x 80" (RV King) which is their top of the line mattress that retails for $892.00. We quickly found an additional 10% discount code online or call them direct for the discount. Wilderness RV Mattress company specializes in RV mattress - they offer all the weird sizes you find in RVs. The Montana Hybrid uses a combination of memory foam layers and also support coils. It does not heat up like many if the all memory foam mattresses.
It comes in three comfort/support options- Soft/Pillowtop, Plush and Firm. Of course, my wife likes her mattress soft and I like firm so the Wilderness folks recommended the Plush and we both love the comfort and feel of the mattress.
The mattress is shiiped vaccumed sealed in plastic and the box easily fit through our RV door. (Unpack it in the bedroom!)
Only regret is that we waited so long to dump the stock Jayco supplied mattress. https://wildernessrvmattress.com/
Thanks for the tip, I will look into that one!

Old 10-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #20

X2 on the Zinus. We have a 8 inch thick in our camper because of the slide and a 12 inch thick in our home. Got ours at Amazon
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote