Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM   #1

Kitchen slide controller location 375 BHFS

Had our first issue with a slide last week. Long story, of course, but one problem we had (and still have---even after talking to Jayco tech services) was locating all the slide controllers. We have located all (I think) except for the one that controls the kitchen slide with the fridge/stove. Can't find that thing anywhere, even where tech services said it should be (in the island). Still waiting on tech service to find out more, but just found this forum and thought I'd post here. That slide uses the Schwinteck system. Thanks!
FishNFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:49 PM   #2

Our 351 RLTS has 1 Schwinteck (bedroom) and it's controller on the forward basement wall immediately below the slide. I would expect it to be very near the slide. Are there kitchen drawers that it might be hiding behind?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #3

We found the one in the basement for the master bedroom slide. Both bunk bedroom slides are in the pantry. The living room slide is a different system on rails, the motor is supposedly under the underbelly with a manual crank on it (haven't pulled the underbelly to verify). But we've looked everywhere I can think of for the kitchen slide. We've pulled out all the drawers & looked behind them--had the kids looking so I didn't miss something. The tech services guy insists it should be in the island, and that makes the most sense, but I don't see it--nor do I see wiring harnesses disappearing somewhere I haven't looked. The only other place I can think of is that maybe they put it under the underbelly--but the tech svc. guy says it shouldn't be there.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 PM   #4

I take it you don't have a remote either??

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 07:14 PM   #5

No, we've got the remote. The issue isn't with the switch, it's with the Schwinteck controller box. It's a separate control module that controls the motors themselves on these slide ctonrollers. The switch hooks into it. One should know where this box is (as I found out)--it allows you to see fault codes in case a motors go out (my case), or override the automatic synchronization of the motors, or release the motor brakes so that the slides can be manually pushed in.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #6

Welcome and congrats. That control module is under in the basement behind the access panel on the rear wall, door side. Also there is the control board for all the remote functions. Should be in the upper left when you remove the panel.

Putting it in the island could not be a worse location as you would never get to it with an issue of not going out. It has to be in an area clear of the slide so you can diagnose the issue.

Good Luck.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #7

Awesome. Makes perfect sense, thanks!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNFam View Post
We found the one in the basement for the master bedroom slide. Both bunk bedroom slides are in the pantry. The living room slide is a different system on rails, the motor is supposedly under the underbelly with a manual crank on it (haven't pulled the underbelly to verify). But we've looked everywhere I can think of for the kitchen slide. We've pulled out all the drawers & looked behind them--had the kids looking so I didn't miss something. The tech services guy insists it should be in the island, and that makes the most sense, but I don't see it--nor do I see wiring harnesses disappearing somewhere I haven't looked. The only other place I can think of is that maybe they put it under the underbelly--but the tech svc. guy says it shouldn't be there.
Glad you got some input on the controller location, Fish. A note on your Living Room slide. My big slide (living & kitchen) motors are both underfloor and there is a removable section of the belly covering to access them. Mine to NOT have a manual crank but require a ratchet to manually operate. access is pretty limited. The most important "feature" is that the motor for the slide is on the side OPPOSITE the slide. I had to manually operate one of my slides and fussed with the wrong motor for 30 min before discovering. Some of the manual retract may be available via a hole in the side frame, mine are not. Manually retracting the slide took about 45min for me AFTER I discovered I was fooling with the wrong motor.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote