Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #61

Update: Called Lippert and they said to bring it all the way in then half way out then back in about 5 times..........no luck yet. Will try it again.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #62

Update: Being full timers presents a unique challenge for warranty and service work. Our kitchen slide (slim rack) was not extending all the way. Would go all the way but for 2" on the TV side and 1" on the fridge side. It would retract all the way. Our dining room slide topper was pulling away from the guide on the left side. We are staying at Natalbany Creek RV in Amite, LA for two months. I called Steve's RV, 29671 N. Dixie Ranch Rd, Lacombe, LA, a 37 year old Jayco dealer, to arrange an appointment for them to look at it, NOT leave it for days since we are full time. They are an hour away from where we are staying but their reviews were great. Drove in yesterday at 9:30 AM and when arriving we were treated like we were owners of the RV center!! The service manager asked for the keys to my truck and said he's pulling it into the service area to start working on it. He asked if I wanted to come and watch them as they worked. I said "you bet". We felt like family the whole time we were there. We were heading back to our CG by 12 noon with all repairs complete. No need for the dealer to contact Jayco and ask "permission". We definitely will be scheduling our travels so we can be in their vicinity when it comes down to do routine maintenance.

My slim rack kitchen slide has an "Auto-Programmable" Controller and there is no way to sync the motors. They stop based on voltage. By the time the voltage worked its way to the motors, they were not getting enough voltage to go all the way out and the controller was sensing that they were fully extended. They replaced the 50 amp circuit breaker with an 80 amp breaker and the slide works perfectly.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #63

That's so good to hear. I'm glad you found an outstanding dealer with a top notch service department. Too bad you had put up with the problem until now. Hopefully Jayco compensates you!

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #64

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Update: Being full timers presents a unique challenge for warranty and service work. Our kitchen slide (slim rack) was not extending all the way. Would go all the way but for 2" on the TV side and 1" on the fridge side. It would retract all the way. Our dining room slide topper was pulling away from the guide on the left side. We are staying at Natalbany Creek RV in Amite, LA for two months. I called Steve's RV, 29671 N. Dixie Ranch Rd, Lacombe, LA, a 37 year old Jayco dealer, to arrange an appointment for them to look at it, NOT leave it for days since we are full time. They are an hour away from where we are staying but their reviews were great. Drove in yesterday at 9:30 AM and when arriving we were treated like we were owners of the RV center!! The service manager asked for the keys to my truck and said he's pulling it into the service area to start working on it. He asked if I wanted to come and watch them as they worked. I said "you bet". We felt like family the whole time we were there. We were heading back to our CG by 12 noon with all repairs complete. No need for the dealer to contact Jayco and ask "permission". We definitely will be scheduling our travels so we can be in their vicinity when it comes down to do routine maintenance.

My slim rack kitchen slide has an "Auto-Programmable" Controller and there is no way to sync the motors. They stop based on voltage. By the time the voltage worked its way to the motors, they were not getting enough voltage to go all the way out and the controller was sensing that they were fully extended. They replaced the 50 amp circuit breaker with an 80 amp breaker and the slide works perfectly.
That's great Al! Glad they got you taken care of. Doesn't seem to be too many 'Good' RV dealers around anymore. Hoping I never need any of them.........

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
That's so good to hear. I'm glad you found an outstanding dealer with a top notch service department. Too bad you had put up with the problem until now. Hopefully Jayco compensates you!
DrSmart, I walked away without paying a dime..........this dealer will be paid directly by Jayco. They wouldn't have done the work if they thought otherwise. Again, one heck of a dealer. They have four techs that have over 60 years collective experience not including the service manager who has been there since day one.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #66

Let me add one other thing..........he said I can have both of my awnings replaced under warranty because CareFree decided to start stitching the LED strip on the awning material which results in squiggly LED's. But candidly he said do NOT have them replaced until I have two months left. In other words, take advantage of having all new fabric at the end of the warranty. Definitely a dealer that has his customers best interest in mind.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #67

Wish I knew sooner. Dealer has already ordered a new awning to replace our squiggly led light strip. They had ordered one about a month ago and it was shipped folded up in a box. The techs opened up the awning and said the led strip was worse than the one on the trailer. The one tech said I might as well replace it now and they'll do it again anytime later under warranty if needed.

2020 North Point 315RLTS
Ram 3500/Aisin CC, SB, SRW, Superglide
Firestone Ride-Rite Air bags, TST507 TPMS
DrSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:06 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmart View Post
Wish I knew sooner. Dealer has already ordered a new awning to replace our squiggly led light strip. They had ordered one about a month ago and it was shipped folded up in a box. The techs opened up the awning and said the led strip was worse than the one on the trailer. The one tech said I might as well replace it now and they'll do it again anytime later under warranty if needed.
Another score!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #69

Glad you got things sorted out. Thankfully we haven’t had any issues with our kitchen slide, but I have a feeling our turn is coming.

We had the same issue with our awning lights, had the fabric replaced, and a couple of weeks later the new lights were as bad as the old. Certainly doesn’t hurt to get new fabric after a couple of years though
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelly View Post
Glad you got things sorted out. Thankfully we haven’t had any issues with our kitchen slide, but I have a feeling our turn is coming. We had the same issue with our awning lights, had the fabric replaced, and a couple of weeks later the new lights were as bad as the old. Certainly doesn’t hurt to get new fabric after a couple of years though
My understanding is that on the new awnings the LED strip is integrated into the mounting that attaches to the side and not stitched to the awning.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #71

Quote:
My understanding is that on the new awnings the LED strip is integrated into the mounting that attaches to the side and not stitched to the awning.
I hope so. Our warranty expires in about three weeks so I have a feeling we’ll be stuck with the squiggly lights. I could probably try one more time, but given the distance to the dealer it’s probably more hassle than it’s worth.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #72

Quote:

A bit off topic, but when we are in that area and anything on the trailer needs attention (we are well past warranty work), they will be at the top of our list.

Thanks,
Sherm
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
A bit off topic, but when we are in that area and anything on the trailer needs attention (we are well past warranty work), they will be at the top of our list. Thanks, Sherm
I asked them what their labor rate was and it's $129.00 per hour, but I have no doubt with their knowledge that they can complete a job in half the time of some dealers I've dealt with. What impressed me is that the service manager is swarming all over the department double checking everything.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 07:03 PM   #74

Quote:
I asked them what their labor rate was and it's $129.00 per hour, but I have no doubt with their knowledge that they can complete a job in half the time of some dealers I've dealt with. What impressed me is that the service manager is swarming all over the department double checking everything.

I wish I live close to that dealer so they could fix my slide problem

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:07 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I wish I live close to that dealer so they could fix my slide problem
Tom, it may be worth the trip. Not that far from your domain. Several good CG's around that area. Take care!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 09-13-2019, 08:12 PM   #76

Al

I wouldn’t necessarily mind the drive but I can’t get the slide to fully extend. And once I try to extend it, retracting it gets iffy as well so I couldn’t really use the trailer at a CG with the slide in

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:10 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Al

I wouldn’t necessarily mind the drive but I can’t get the slide to fully extend. And once I try to extend it, retracting it gets iffy as well so I couldn’t really use the trailer at a CG with the slide in
Understandable! BTW, I was surprised that the techs at this dealership all think the Slim Rack system is the best. They claim it's a lot less complicated than the Schinteck.
Formerly from Sequim, WA