Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2022, 08:25 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to dapunch2 Send a message via MSN to dapunch2
The technician at our local shop told us on our initial walk through that be sure to hold the switch till the slid out is fully extended or closed until you hear the motors sync. Hold it for about 10 seconds after is in or out and you don’t hear the motors any more. Been 2 and a half years and no problems yet. 🤞
dapunch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfarrell View Post
I have a 2020 Jayco Prestiege with a very large kitchen side slide, it is extremely slow to extend out. It is currently in the shop now and have been working with the tech on a possible motor change out. Tested voltage at motor 13.6 when it starts and drops to 6.6 as it gets under load. Does anyone know how the motor is supposed to work. Is the voltage drop by design??
I can see some voltage drop but not that much. Looks like some serious binding going on. Maybe get them to disconnect both motors by removing the screw holding them in and pushing them up. Try moving the slide with out the motors and check for smooth operation. Could take several strong guys but sounds like binding to me unless the motors are just toast. I just saw you have the Precept with the large slide. This probably has the above floor power gear which only has 1 motor. If so, you could disengage the brake on the motor and have them move the slide by hand or by turning the end of the shaft with a socket and check for smooth operation.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:15 PM   #23

Service tech says I just have the one motor, it is located at floor level with access from the front of the passenger side rear wheel well. It is extremely difficult to get to. In fact I don't even see the 3?4 inch rachet spot that is mentioned in the users manual for the manual operation. The slide does'nt appear as if there is any binding it moves in & out smoothly. Just very slow to start moving out.
Gfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 04:09 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapunch2 View Post
The technician at our local shop told us on our initial walk through that be sure to hold the switch till the slid out is fully extended or closed until you hear the motors sync. Hold it for about 10 seconds after is in or out and you don’t hear the motors any more. Been 2 and a half years and no problems yet. 🤞
Haven’t had an issue with ours. I do not recall hearing this on our walk through but read about it either here or in the owner manual. Seems this is one of the most important thing to do. I initially did not do this and operated them like the traditional slides, when the clutches start clicking, let go of the switch. Now I do run them for several seconds after they stop. Though I have seen various time to hold the switches on from 2 seconds to 10 seconds after the slide is fully extended or retracted.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 05:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfarrell View Post
Service tech says I just have the one motor, it is located at floor level with access from the front of the passenger side rear wheel well. It is extremely difficult to get to. In fact I don't even see the 3?4 inch rachet spot that is mentioned in the users manual for the manual operation. The slide does'nt appear as if there is any binding it moves in & out smoothly. Just very slow to start moving out.
Have your tech check your roller bearings. On this system, they can come loose. People have found them laying on the floor and not know what they are. There are 2 tracks for each slide and 4 roller bearings on each track. These bearings support the whole slide out. The system will continue to work if a few come out but over time it will start binding. They are very difficult to put back in as they were designed to be tightened before the tracks are installed. Here is a pic taken from under the slide on my Precept when the slide was in. You can see the 3/4 nut for manual operation and circled in red 2 of the roller bearings. You can see the tracks under the slide out with slide room out. Your motor will most likely be located on the right side track facing the slide from inside. The other pics show one of my roller bearings completely out.
Attached Thumbnails
9DA200B2-F3D2-45EF-B2ED-B8BC344F0D86.jpg   28DBBF56-3010-4AC9-AACF-EBBBA15D4A41.jpg  
Old 05-27-2022, 06:04 AM   #26

Here is a pic of the bearing and a pic where the nut fell off of one.
Attached Thumbnails
B254ADEF-901E-4FCD-86ED-0CDE9B3815F6.jpg   B3499BDD-5747-4941-A8C5-AD24D155C135.jpg