Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #1

Kitchen Stuff

Yes, I need to find something more constructive to do but I've been auditing all the things we keep in the Pinnacle to see what can go. In the kitchen, besides a complete set of pots and pans and drawers full of utensils, we have an Instant Pot, a rather large electric griddle, a toaster, a 12 cup coffee maker, a Ninja air fryer and a counter top induction cooktop.

The coffee maker is an absolute requirement. The induction cooktop gets used almost every day when we travel. The Instant Pot occasionally when we do chili or some kind of soup. The griddle if we do a rare big breakfast. The toaster is used most days and the air fryer gets moderate use, depending on what's on the menu.

All these things have held up well to the abuse of our highways and removing any of them would probably get me a night or so on the couch. Which leads to my question. I'm thinking about getting a Ninja flip up toaster oven/air fryer to take the place of the toaster and the air fryer. It would be more versatile for things like pizza, larger capacity for cooking several things at a time and flips up kind of out of the way when not in use. Not much savings on space or weight but much more versatile. There is space on our counter top but wondering if anyone has traveled with one and have they held up.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #2

Not much help here, my brother has one. He has never taken his camping (they do not go out much anymore). He has told me that it makes horrible toast. But he likes it for almost everything else.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:04 PM   #3

we use the toaster oven quite often. In fact we seldom use the gas stove oven.. We thought about an air fryer but the Ninja does the trick. I'm an egg roll nut and the Nina bakes them nice and fine. You didn't mention a blender,, thats a must have as well.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:10 AM   #4

Timely post. My wife decided she now wants a toaster oven and we had not considered the ninja. Will add that to the short list for her review and approval.
As for the blender we have a nutribullet which works great for breakfast smoothies, as well as margaritas at night. It’s small, light weight, and ez to use and clean. If you plan to use it to make frozen type drinks spring for the version with the more powerful motor.
Roadpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:00 AM   #5

We've had a Cusinart toaster oven for a number of years but it is not an air fryer and takes up a bunch of counter space. Not doable for an rv sized kitchen. We will probably replace it with a fold up Ninja to free up some counter space. That means we need 2 of them. I'm hoping a sale happens in the next month or so but not holding my breath.

We have a Ninja blender/food processor and it works great. We used to have one of their Magic Bullets but it went somewhere, probably to one of our children. The wife makes smoothies so I guess I need one for the fifth wheel. One thing leads to another.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote